Gaming Thread

Good page!

In pseudo-midevil if not given the option for some kind of dark knight, I go for the closest thing to a Battlemage. I'm forever recreating my Dark Elf Shadowknight from Everquest. :(

Good page!

In pseudo-midevil if not given the option for some kind of dark knight, I go for the closest thing to a Battlemage. I'm forever recreating my Dark Elf Shadowknight from Everquest. :(
I hate having to rely on items for healing.

I dont use Stealth to get past enemies, I use it to sneak up behind em and give a good critical!
Yeah, but it still takes ages, creeping around maps, and most boss fights don't allow you to get in place for a critical anyway.

Of course, most boss fights don't let you attack from long range either, but that's more challenge from my wrench wench.

Skills I never pick are those like throwing, explosives, bows, big guns, black magic, stuff like that.

I hate having to rely on items for healing.

Yeah, but it still takes ages, creeping around maps, and most boss fights don't allow you to get in place for a critical anyway.

Of course, most boss fights don't let you attack from long range either, but that's more challenge from my wrench wench.

Skills I never pick are those like throwing, explosives, bows, big guns, black magic, stuff like that.

It's just that even on a Battlemage with any healing I feel like a Paladin.

Never bows but I like raising explosives. I killed Ceaser long before the main quest was ever done with him. It involved about an hour of running from him and his men while throwing grenades, 80 stimpacks which is unusually always about what I have, I love for Obsidian for giving me the opprotunity, something Bethesda will never do again.

I don't ignore using stealth. I enjoy creating rogue characters. Why? If I wanted to use stealth, I can. If I wanted to use a long range weapon, I can. If I want to get up close and personal with a sword or dagger (even duel-wielding) I can.

Stealth can have its advantages in CERTAIN situations, not all. Strategically, it should not be disregarded.

I'm so happy to hear blocking in Skyrim will be time based, Oblivion had terrible combat. It basically block, attack, repeat. Now by pulling off blocks at the same, we might be able to stagger back enemies. Imagine the perks that will go to blocking. Can't wait.

...Fuck, please tell I will be able to block with a one handed weapon since I have to use the other to use magic. I hate shields. And I can't use two handers anymore since I can't cast spells with them.

I'm so happy to hear blocking in Skyrim will be time based, Oblivion had terrible combat. It basically block, attack, repeat. Now by pulling off blocks at the same, we might be able to stagger back enemies. Imagine the perks that will go to blocking. Can't wait.

...Fuck, please tell I will be able to block with a one handed weapon since I have to use the other to use magic. I hate shields. And I can't use two handers anymore since I can't cast spells with them.

actually now that i think about it that might be pretty complex, how are they going to do that? you'd have to have a one handed weapon in one hand and a spell in the other or you can't cast anything if you have a sword/shield or 2 handed? the only one handed weapon i've realllyy used extensively as my main weapon would be umbra because it's badass.

definitely pumped for those new vegas dlc's as well as the witcher 2 though i really want to finish the first witcher before i play the 2nd. about how long would that take me if i've gotten to the first town/completed the tutorial level?

btw if anyone is interested in deus ex human revolution you should reallyyy check out some of the previews, i'm baffled at what i've discovered and it sounds so amazing any fears i had before have dissipated.