Gaming Thread

There can no longer be Paladin/Dark Knight type characters. If not a shield, they use spells with two handers.

Honestly, who would even choose a two handed weapon now if you can't cast spells with it?

True, but maybe having to switch between weapons and spells will be a feature that gives the game complexity or extra challenge. Chances are you're right and it will be a stupid gimmick, but who knows, there's a chance it will be well implemented and beneficial to the game. Can't knock it 'til you've tried it.

wow i think my character/gear is too overpowered haha. last night i went and destroyed cottonwood cove and the fort only dying once. it was definitely not easy and i did do it in a pretty cheap way (crouch and anti-material rifle the fuck out of everyone with boone and his new stuff i got from doing all his quests) but still one would think it would be very difficult. makes me even more pumped for dead money and the new dlc to see if they can kick my ass; i think i'm going to do dead money this weekend.

also i dunno if anyone answered, how long does it take to do the witcher storyline if anyone knows? i've beaten the tutorial/gotten to the first real town/village and whatnot but i'm not sure if i can beat it all by the time the 2nd comes out (though i won't buy it day of release, i'll buy it that friday since it's finals week). is it worth putting new vegas on hold to do?

also i dunno if anyone answered, how long does it take to do the witcher storyline if anyone knows? i've beaten the tutorial/gotten to the first real town/village and whatnot but i'm not sure if i can beat it all by the time the 2nd comes out (though i won't buy it day of release, i'll buy it that friday since it's finals week). is it worth putting new vegas on hold to do?

I played through The Witcher once and steam says it took me 46 hours. I did every possible side quest and all that I could find, though, so I imagine it could be played a little shorter if you wanted.

edit: oh just after I posted that I remembered some website I heard about that told you game lengths. A few minutes of googling found http://howlongtobeat.com

Claims an average of about 50 hours.

I played through The Witcher once and steam says it took me 46 hours. I did every possible side quest and all that I could find, though, so I imagine it could be played a little shorter if you wanted.

edit: oh just after I posted that I remembered some website I heard about that told you game lengths. A few minutes of googling found http://howlongtobeat.com

Claims an average of about 50 hours.

Also, you will dread the swamps. I hated that part of the game.

fuck, to Fallout or not to Fallout? I'll finish dling The Witcher tonight (got it on steam but have to transfer it to the new comp), switch over my save games and give it a shot and see if it has enough to really suck me in and finish it before I get the Witcher 2 next weekend.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the feedback and the guide that says the game duration! I'll check that on some other games too I've actually been considering playing but have had that problem with. I have the same problem with books too a lot of the time (especially non fiction), I want to check these out but if it's too long I fear I'll get into it and then stop and not be able to get back into it (hella add).

I'm glad I made myself keep playing FF8 after getting bored with it. The nostalgia and comic relief is worth it. 9 will always be my favorite, and 7's atmosphere is unrivaled, but 8 had so much...style. I remember being a young boy when it came out, and there was a big cardboard cut out of Squall advertising it.

My dumb friends didn't bother reading anything and leveled up to 99, not knowing everything was level scaled and how to junction.

funny-facebook-fails-geek-life.jpg

haha pretty much yeah.

I decided tonight I'm going to do Dead Money and set aside The Witcher for once I finally finish up as much FO;NV as i want before the next dlc in june. I figure if the witchers quest is so extensive I should leave a lot of time for it so I'll just wait a few more weeks to buy the 2nd while I finish the first (and by the time I finish the witcher 1 and 2 DNF forever will be out fuck yeah!)

supposedly the DNF demo is going to be out soon, unfortunately i didn't do the borderlands goty thing for the early access code so I hope theres some other way to do it that's easy.

I'm all for gay rights but it's KIND OF annoying that Bioware said they're putting extra attention on same sex relationships for the next Mass Effect game. Aren't there more pressing concerns they could be addressing?

I'm sure they can fit in the time. You seem to be assuming they'll be working on that instead of more important matters. Anyway, they already extended the release time by a few months. If I can have a femshep lezz out with Ashley, they can take all the time they need, amirite

yeah i don't see how that could honestly take much of their time away and it will be an option that i'm sure a lot of people will appreciate (be it people who actually are homosexual or dudes who want to see space chicks making out). I never actually did the relationships in the games really though (pretty much just flirting with miranda) but next game i'll try it out. such a bummer it's delayed but we've got skyrim and hopefully they're using this time really well and making it the best fucking finale ever.

Its more than two years John. We've stated this multiple times.

ME2 came out in January 2010.
ME3 is coming out in Q1 2012, which is between January and March. Thats a pretty normal time between games for a series.