Gaming Thread

wow, that's pretty annoying. so basically instead of just including something to provide further options they're actually forcing things into the story to be politically correct and feel like they're trailblazers in homosexual relationships in videogames? i have no problem with homosexuality but i do have a problem with insincerity and pushing things that may be controversial in order to be noticed and viewed as above society/the industry at that point. have an option for a gay main character fine, have a side bar with the homosexuality included fine but don't spend an assload of time making homosexuality permeate the game so everyone has to see it in their face in an attempt to make us go WOW YOU'RE SO AHEAD OF YOUR TIME INCLUDING HOMOSEXUALS IN GAMES. specifically making the point of it instead of just including something for the sake of making a more complete and accessible package is annoying and not praise worthy by any means.

Edit-It turned out to be fake. lol

I wish it didn't cost money to mail stuff, I'd gladly give you guys my old games instead of selling them to Gamestop for practically nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I finally got a silver sword, and now things are way better. I'm very much enjoying it, though the story is kind of hard to follow at moments.

also, LOL at the sex scenes in the game, they're like something you'd see on Starz at 2 am. hurray cgi nudity, amirite.

Max, did you get the digital premium edition from Steam? If so, where is all the bonus crap? I can't figure out where to download it from. I've registered and I'm currently downloading the Troll Trouble DLC, but I've looked in my Steam files and can't find any of the premium edition stuff like music, art, movies, etc.

Also, GODDAMN THIS GAME IS HARD!

I did get the digital premium from steam, and come to think of it i didnt look for those things yet.

Build a new silver sword ASAP and use the Quen sign alot, they make things way easier.

It's much easier on Easy but it's still not EASY...you just die much, much less. Already got the silver sword, thanks!

The game is fantastic, I only wish the fighting mechanics and defense mechanics were better. It's basically hack n' slash with very few ways to defend yourself, or at least due to poor mechanics. Holding up your sword may block an attack, but it doesn't do shit if you're surrounded by five people.

Check to see if you can find those things, Max, because I surely can't. They're not in any of my Steam folders and I can't find them on the Witcher site.

Have you checked under the Tools list? I read there was a delay in getting the bonus content out but it should be there by now.

I'm joining the club tonight and downloading Witcher 2. It looks so badass I just can't pass it up and wait to beat the first game/keep doing new vegas so I'm going to dl it today and hopefully be playing it tonight. About difficulty though, it really seems like I should do it on easy from what you're saying (hate reloading saves after dying a bunch, the 5th time I died from exploding via the alarms in the dead money vaults that you have to jump through I was pretty fucking pissed) but I wouldn't want it to be too easy, can you change the difficulty on a slider like oblivion or something?

Great, great game. Fun as hell and the graphics are gorgeous. Very, very difficult, however. Don't be shy at all to play on Easy mode. My only gripe is that I really do wish they had kept the different stances like in the first one, so you have completely different moves when surrounded and can take on more people without dying. Seriously, you can't just mash buttons and kill everything like in ME and ME2. You have to seriously play defensively and figure out what your opponents are doing and how they fight. It's frustrating sometimes but it's really, really fun.

LA Noire is alright. There's not really much reason to free roam, but the detective aspect is fun. It's three disk on the 360, although I beat the first one in about 4 or 5 hours.

first one is decent, the ones that come after are better/even more out there. :)
Yeah, they're definitely a nice change of pace from the classic jRPG games. More horror oriented (at least the first), and the real-world locations give it a nice touch.

Dang, The Witcher 2 has difficult combat indeed. I'm on Normal and struggling to defeat large groups of enemies.

I got it and played it all last night and I quite agree, it's very fun. really nerdy rpg style but really fun and i like the moral choices, however i disagree on the difficulty. I'm in the first town (flotsam or something?) and i've been out hunting monsters in the forest and only died once on easy. am i just too early in the game or something or is there a way to bump the difficulty up to normal? i built the silver sword (so lame you have to build it) and have been just going around hunting monsters and doing other stuff for kicks as I'm going to take this game slow and not just rush through the main story (however i like the fighting mechanics, it's not as complex but it feels very fluid and natural as the combos string together with the signs and different types of strikes though sometimes i end up flying towards the wrong dude and getting pissed because of the auto targeting).

so i guess my few questions are: am i so early its just not hard? can i change the difficulty mid game or do i have to restart? what are the mutagens and how the fuck do i equip them on items argh? in terms of all the graphic options i don't really understand what the fuck they do but i guess i can look tht up; i turned off motion blur because it is unrealistic and ugly as shit but i left blur effects on as i don't know what that does (suchhhh a good looking game though fuckk and runs pretty well for me except certain times).

I got it and played it all last night and I quite agree, it's very fun. really nerdy rpg style but really fun and i like the moral choices, however i disagree on the difficulty. I'm in the first town (flotsam or something?) and i've been out hunting monsters in the forest and only died once on easy. am i just too early in the game or something or is there a way to bump the difficulty up to normal? i built the silver sword (so lame you have to build it) and have been just going around hunting monsters and doing other stuff for kicks as I'm going to take this game slow and not just rush through the main story (however i like the fighting mechanics, it's not as complex but it feels very fluid and natural as the combos string together with the signs and different types of strikes though sometimes i end up flying towards the wrong dude and getting pissed because of the auto targeting).

so i guess my few questions are: am i so early its just not hard? can i change the difficulty mid game or do i have to restart? what are the mutagens and how the fuck do i equip them on items argh? in terms of all the graphic options i don't really understand what the fuck they do but i guess i can look tht up; i turned off motion blur because it is unrealistic and ugly as shit but i left blur effects on as i don't know what that does (suchhhh a good looking game though fuckk and runs pretty well for me except certain times).

No you've got it on Easy, which is why you haven't died much. That's what I was saying. An Easy mode in any other game would mean you never die, and a Normal mode would mean you die every now and then. In W2, Easy mode is like the Normal mode for any other game.

You should also stop what you're doing right now, get the first Witcher, play it, beat it, and then start the second. It's like playing ME2 without having played ME1.

No you've got it on Easy, which is why you haven't died much. That's what I was saying. An Easy mode in any other game would mean you never die, and a Normal mode would mean you die every now and then. In W2, Easy mode is like the Normal mode for any other game.

You should also stop what you're doing right now, get the first Witcher, play it, beat it, and then start the second. It's like playing ME2 without having played ME1.

I wanted to but I really just do not have the time to go through the entire first game, though I get the concept (I have the original one and played through the tutorial up to the first town). If I were to do that I'd never be able to beat all the games I have (choosing between new vegas honest hearts and this is killing me right now haha) and the games coming out so I had to skip it but I think I'm decently up to speed though I'm sure I will miss a lot of references yeah.

Also thanks for the difficulty tip, I'll try it out on normal tonight and if it gets too insane I'll go back to easy; the mutagen thing is driving me crazy though since I can't seem to find a skill that will accept it/how to use it on a skill. oh well.

i disagree on the difficulty. I'm in the first town (flotsam or something?) and i've been out hunting monsters in the forest and only died once on easy.
easy_modo.png

its weird but i can't find the way to change it to normal; either way i think i'm going to keep it on easy because i just did the first boss fight and holy fuck that was annoying. i died at least 7 times due to ridiculousness but finally got it, game is addicting as hell though and the graphics are awesome (though the distant blur and some of the effects kinda cheapen it and try to make it look better than it actually is in that regard). probably the only complaint i could make is that the inventory/item management/determining what works for what and selling things can get a bit tedious at times, however the rest of the game and the living cities more than make up for it (except the fires in the town not going out during the rain, awkward.)