Gaming Thread

Now that I have the patch, THE MOTHERFUCKER DELETES ALL OF THE GAME'S FILES THROUGH STEAM AND STEAM HAS TO REDOWNLOAD/INSTALL ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

CDProject...you fucking suck.

Well its not ALL of it since the full game is 16gb. I'm pretty sure that the DLC Troll Trouble is in the patch as well, which would account for a good chunk of the patch size.
Fortunately, the saved games import has been fixed.

I just downloaded the 9 gigs. Then I fired up the patch and it still crashed. Verified Steam files...verifying...verifying...oh, look at that! 3 files missing...no problem, I'll just have it re-download those single 3 files. What? 8 more gigs of game it needs to download because of 3 single files were missing? As a form of DRM it completely deletes all old files, even if they're the fucking same.

I've NEVER had a single game from Steam work correctly. NEVER. Fuck them...I'm pirating EVERYTHING from now on.

Can't remember if I ever posted this.

nf31vq.jpg

Don't expect it to be long or anything, I think the face scanning technology is why it's three disk.

It's about 17 hours, and there are virtually no side quest to speak of. Very enjoyable 17 hours, though.

yeah that witcher 2 patch download pissed me off as well. i got home from a seriously AWFUL day and could not have felt any shittier but i took a little solace in the fact that soon i would be getting some videogaming on and forget about it all by hacking off rotfiend heads but what do i find, download will take 2 hours? luckily i bypassed the thing where it pauses a dl every time you want to play a game (open the launcher then resume it but you guys probably knew) and got to play fallout new vegas without flickering textures (hotfix worked finally fuck yeah new appreciation for this game).

i don't know how you guys managed to beat the game already, i've been doing all the side quests (only missed 4 so far, i like how it lists the consequences) and literally just started chapter 3 a couple hours ago and have been working on its side quests that i can find due to all the sweet ass new gear in it. i definitely would not want to run through this game unless i were assured i was going to play it a second time through and do all the side stuff (which i might to re-do some of those intense decisions).

News Flash: I just discovered that you CANNOT MANUALLY PATCH the Witcher 2; it's already updated through Steam. Obviously they just did it today because it wasn't there yesterday. Reload Steam and it should update it...if you don't do that, you'll go the route I took and have to re-install everything due to errors.

I say again, DO NOT MANUALLY PATCH THE WITCHER 2 IF YOU GOT IT THROUGH STEAM!!!!

I love The Witcher 2 so much now that I can finally play it (fucking vid card drivers). It's actually somewhat challenging, there's not a moment of hand holding (I fucking died like 4 times in the god damn "tutorial" section, haven't done that since God Hand), and it's really really pretty to look at. Everything I wanted from it.

I fully agree. This is the best RPG to come along since BG2 or Icewind Dale. I reverted to playing it on Normal when I got to Chapter 1. When you get some experience under your belt and get some special abilities, it's a lot easier, but you still have to know what you're doing. There is, in fact, very little hand-holding...which I completely love.

@dead winter I can understand how you got confused but if you read their site really clearly it said (in an oddly enigmatic way) that if you use steam you should not download the manual patch. the instructions really blew but i read it over a few times and figured i should try steam first to make sure and luckily i did and didn't end up screwing it with that.

i agree in it being amazing, i wish i had made time to play the first one (gave up after the first town due to other games) but i don't mind it since the game is so full of info and you can really get sucked into the world, you just have to read. the difficulty thing is odd though, once you get into chapter 2 and 3 you're really so powerful that it becomes a bit easier except for the boss fights; i love that they allow you to change it mid game or i'd have ripped my hair out in some boss fights. it can be unbalanced at times in that it goes from absurdly hard to fairly easy even in normal but i guess most would like that since it doesn't level like other games (SPOILERanyone fought the mini boss in the sewers?SPOILER). i'd have to say in terms of rpg's my rank would put oblivion and mass effect above tw2 simply due to novelty and never playing a game like them before whereas if my first one had been tw2 it'd probably be my all time favorite.