Gaming Thread

haha wow perfect fit.

i've never been into the cod style war games before but i'm thinking these upcoming games will be sick. cod:mf3 looks as if the graphics are a bit worse than bf3 but it has hugee levels, insane scripted events and just utter chaos, while bf3 has graphics that kick everyone elses ass, seems really realistic, has insane environmental destruction but not the over the top stuff of mw3. either way i'm completely stoked to try both of them as i haven't played a cod game since modern warfare on my friends xbox (or the original cod on my pc back in the day as a tech demo)

The art style doesn't look inciting but I'll check it out.

I just laughed really hard. Someone on Gamefaqs made a thread saying they had just gotten Morrowind and what to expect. The first reply was "Wealth beyond measure." :D

MY BODY IS READY

35avsl5.jpg

you guys are all mega gaming nerds on the forefront of news and intarnet stuff, i was wondering if any of you have played the DXHR leaked beta? supposedly it's the preview copy journalists got so it's beta and not completed (not tweaked and what not) but is the full detroit city hub. i have not yet but it's prettyyy tempting considering how anxiously i'm waiting for the game, i just don't want an unfinished beta screwing up my first impression of what i imagine will be an absolutely amazing game (i want all the technical aspects to be totally 100% amazing and drink in the art direction).

but one thing that'll hold me over is the duke demo this friday! i don't have a first access code so i gotta get it some other way but i'm insanely pumped to finally play this mythical game and scream FUCK YEAH at my computer while i smash pig cops. only 2 weeks until the actual game and i plan to re-play all of duke 3d with the graphics updates before dnf comes out to be extremely in the zone. i can't believe i paid for Honest Hearts, I played that a few days ago and got maybe 2 hours in (to some camp with some other douche) and so far it's been lame as hell; just a new map, new weather, same enemies, some new weapons. seriously paying 10 bucks for each dlc is pretty ridic i think.

you guys are all mega gaming nerds on the forefront of news and intarnet stuff, i was wondering if any of you have played the DXHR leaked beta? supposedly it's the preview copy journalists got so it's beta and not completed (not tweaked and what not) but is the full detroit city hub. i have not yet but it's prettyyy tempting considering how anxiously i'm waiting for the game, i just don't want an unfinished beta screwing up my first impression of what i imagine will be an absolutely amazing game (i want all the technical aspects to be totally 100% amazing and drink in the art direction).

It's... interesting. I think a lot of the game mechanics (such as the cover mechanic) were designed without the PC in mind at all, and kinda just shoved in (it really feels awkward every time I use it). On the other hand there's also a lot of shit that definitely calls back and feels like DX1... It definitely feels like there is a lot of potential to the game. Graphically it looks pretty good, decent art directions, but technically speaking, it's nothing ground breaking. There's about 7-10 hours of gameplay in the leak, and I played for about 2 hours before I stopped because I feel like waiting for the final product now (which I suppose is a good thing).

Anybody down with the new Mortal Kombat?

Yes Chris. It is actually a lot of fun. I was a bit skeptical about it when I saw its release. I did not like Deception or Armageddon and I thought this just might be the same crap. I was wrong.

They brought back a lot of classic stuff. For example, you are going to see the same stages, and pretty much a UMK3 line-up. The added x-ray moves are cool and are very powerful if you can link them at the end of your combo.

Lots of unlockable stuff, and more than one Fatality for each character. They also brought back the Krypt, so you can unlock tons of cool stuff.

They added so many things into this game. If you are a fan of the old games, I recommend giving this one a shot.

It's... interesting. I think a lot of the game mechanics (such as the cover mechanic) were designed without the PC in mind at all, and kinda just shoved in (it really feels awkward every time I use it). On the other hand there's also a lot of shit that definitely calls back and feels like DX1... It definitely feels like there is a lot of potential to the game. Graphically it looks pretty good, decent art directions, but technically speaking, it's nothing ground breaking. There's about 7-10 hours of gameplay in the leak, and I played for about 2 hours before I stopped because I feel like waiting for the final product now (which I suppose is a good thing).

I caved in and I pretty much disagree and am realllyyy into this (moreso than I thought). I think the cover mechanic is really fluid and once you learn how to position your hand (index lmb, middle mmb, ring rmb) it gets pretty fluid. some of the cover and targeting can be sketch (when you randomly let go of the cover and sometimes get confused as to where you are or the fact that the ironsights is toggle, wtf) but everything else to me is amazing. The story, graphics (not technically the graphics but the way the art style fits in with it really makes the game feel unique, pretty much the main thing that matters to me in games), system for buying and selling, inventory, hacking; everything I seriously love. I spent a good hour hacking every door in Sarif and just overall going around having fun. I cannot wait to see the final as even this to me would be an amazing game considering that in itself its amazing but the nostalgia also adds as this truly brings me back to the feeling of deus ex (something IW didn't do yet HR did as soon as you see the helicopter take off like Jock).

The only possible complaints I can come up with would be some mouse/slight control confusions occasionally, the fact that most things aren't able to be picked up, the load times and graphics polishing (both of which I'm sure will be fixed). I feel bad for them that the game leaked and a lot of people may be getting a bad impression but for me, the person whos been waiting since the original Deus Ex when I was 10 years old for a sequel and has had this shit on pre-order, this just makes me even more excited. I tried hard to avoid it but couldn't and now that I've seen part of the story I'm so excited to hear the rest of the story it's hard to comprehend haha; invisible wars story made me meh to the max but this instantly sucked me in (although I would say a little more of a connection between megan and adam at the beginning would help me care a tiny bit more about her, but even with the small amount it did a good job). I've only done maybe 2 of the main story missions and am just doing some side quests/exploring as my main purpose is just to feel out the elements/gameplay/environment, not beat the game or something.

I had mixed feelings on the new MK.

The story mode was very well done, but combat was a huge step back. I grew up on 2D fighters too, but theres no reason to change the system for the sake of nostalgia. 3D to 2D isn't a good thing, imo. Plus it was very fun to change martial arts styles in the PS2 games.

I loved Armmegedon. Enough to play it online. Can't say the same with this one.

for those of you who have played the portal series: i recently started playing portal 2 (as a kinda joke at first on my old comp thinking oh well it'll pass the time but now i'm hooked) and i'm not sure if i need to play the first one. i've gotten maybe 5 puzzles in and i get the backstory as it's already implemented in the game and explained, so do i really need to go back and do the first? i'm loving the 2nd one but with all the games coming out dunno about going back and doing an entire other one.

Some new Skyrim info

9 seperate bounties for each of the different regions, including different types of jails.

Companions (Warrior Guild) College of Winterhold (Remember the Mages Guild split into the College of Whisperers and the Synod) Dark Brotherhood, Morag Tong, Thieves GuildMichael Kirkbride is back

Each city has a unique economy, which the player can sabotage

60,000 line of recorded dialogue, more voice actors.

If Dragons are injured enough they can't fly.

Horses Confirmed-Should be much more realistic and handle better than Oblivion.

New Dragon Shouts: "Yol Toor"- Fire breath, "Iiz Slen" - Ice crystals, "Strun Bah Qo" - Lightning Storm. There are two others mentioned, not in the Dragon Language, Slow Time and Whirlwhind Spirit (Move quickly in one direction)

Non-weapon items are back

Higher altitudes show dynamic severe weather

Racism is back

130+ large unique dungeons

8 different types of environments

Most importantly Michael Kirkbride is back. The man that made Morrowind what it was.