Gaming Thread

At least you've got that, man. That's all you can ask for!

Gaming together isn't always awesome; we used to play WoW together and it used to frustrate me to no end when she couldn't figure certain shit out and I had to just about completely do it for her. I would always say, "READ THE GODDAMN QUEST!!!"...she just accepts and goes and kills shit. She's still playing it now, but I've long since quit. I'm all about Eve now. She played all the old Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games back in the day, but that's not her thing anymore. I think she's about to break out the old 8-bit NES and start up some Lemmings. She's been craving it lately.

Since we got the Wii and the PS3 she's been pretty active on those two. She likes doing the Wii Fit games (since we can just download all the Wii games we want) and she went out the next day after we got the PS3 and got Soul Calibur 4. I've seen her play that game with her feet before...she's pretty good.

She really likes puzzle games, fighting games, action games and light strategy games like Plants vs Zombies, Angry Birds, Devil May Cry, God of War, all the Mortal Kombats, etc. She showed me this new game coming out called Catherine that looks fucking amazing. I hate playing puzzle games but I love watching other people play them in order to further the storyline, such as this one. Check this out:

Last edited by a moderator:
One more, for people that never played Dragon Age II.

309hs44.jpg

So I have a PC question, I feel like I get texture pop in on pretty much most of my pc games and it really pisses me off. i have a 2 gb card, 3.something intel i5 processor and 8 gb ram so its obviously not the system; how common is texture pop in on pc games? is it something where i'm just expecting the game to be perfectly flowing or have screenshot style graphics and its not that way in real life or is something potentially wrong?

it happens most in bethesda games obviously which i expect, where even on top settings the grass in oblivion and things just pretty much tend to load as i run etc, and it also happens in new vegas and fallout 3 to a smaller extent. it was happening in crysis as well and really is just a huge pain in the ass. its not so bad where i run up to something and then it pops in, but it feels like in a lot of games things aren't pre-loading and i can see them load in or change a bit; is there some sort of global fix for this and it is common or do you think i'm just expecting too much?