Gaming Thread

Going to continue my journey through Deus Ex on Realistic Mode.

I pretty much have to turn into an augmented ninja. Running around blasting bullets does not work well in this mode. What works in this mode is stealth, and increased hacking knowledge because you are going to need it more than you've ever needed it before.

That's kind of what you do irl while slapping livers. With these new combat animations, you could role play yourself.

Going to continue my journey through Deus Ex on Realistic Mode.

I pretty much have to turn into an augmented ninja. Running around blasting bullets does not work well in this mode. What works in this mode is stealth, and increased hacking knowledge because you are going to need it more than you've ever needed it before.

I've been trying to finish my current playthrough (realistic). It's pretty easy to just run and gun though too if you really want after a few weapon upgrades, especially with the AR and SR. I started my playthrough almost two weeks ago and am only up to the Hong Kong area. I just can't play this game for extended periods of time because it just feels so utterly basic, despite all of the people with Nostalgia Goggles on proclaiming it's "still" one of the best PC games ever made.

It's not even just the graphics either--they don't really bother me that much--it's just that it still feels like a hodge-podge of various genres where they created something that was rather unique for it's time, yet none of the borrowed elements were fleshed out very well at all. The most remarkable thing about it for me now is the level designs. They are still very good even today, but everything else is actually kind of laughable.

I personally feel that HR will be a much better experience overall. Then again, who knows what I'll think ten years from now.

Sorry, it won't resize.
210byqd.jpg

so the pc version has leaked, but it's a russian steam rip or something thus can't be used (though i'm pretty sure you can change the language so all the people going wahh its a russian copy don't know dick because you can change the language, so all it needs now is to be playable). c'mon deus ex fan nerdy crackers, where are you!!!1.>>>!>?!??? get on this shit for the rest of us!!!111

I think I'm going to get a ps3 (not for this specific one because i'd never play a deus ex game on a console, though i did consider it last night o_O ). it's so easy to do the thing where you can play all the burnt games that why wouldn't i do that considering almost every major game ends up out like a week before? 200 bucks, a slightly bigger tv and i can play console games i eagerly anticipate days before? i think i'm crazy enough to do it. we'll see.

I gotta say, for me, personally, console gaming is so much more immersive.

I will never enjoy sitting up in a chair in front of a computer, right in front of a small screen, using a keyboard.

It's all about the controls and types of games as well as add-ons. FPSs and RPGs are infinitely better on PC, while adventure games and hack n' slashes tend to be better on consoles. Also driving games are better on consoles.

Simulators are only on PCs because you just can't do anything with a console.

Also, you don't have a desktop and laptops suck for gaming...get a bestial desktop and you'll never go back.

bitch you are trippin balls. pc gaming is the shit and will always be the shit; my first ever game experience was sitting on my big brothers knee slamming on the space bar in doom going DIE DIE DIE when i was a toddler/youngin and when i was 10 and got a pc and played deus ex/half life on it that was it.

with the pc you have mouse and keyboard control which is sooo much more responsive than consoles its ridiculous; i can only play console exclusive fps's on consoles, and wouldn't if i didn't have to. on consoles you can't control shit, they're always graphically downgraded and overall just a reduced quality version, whereas the pc version (used to, sometimes now depending on the developer) has extensive options to customize exactly to your specifications, extensive graphics settings to make it look and feel its best for your tastes, an ini to customize exactly to your liking (usually), mod capability which can seriously make a game (playing the morrowind overhaul is INSANE and makes it look as good or better than oblivion, and that was all just modders) and so much more. it's all about customization, performance, and complete control whereas the console is ok and has good games, but is just downgraded, diluted, not as powerful and essentially just good to jump into the game and play with whatever. hell, you can make it look even better on pc because on consoles you can have a big tv, but the game just has to get stretched to be on the tv. they usually have lower res stuff, whereas on pc you customize your res to your monitor, so it always looks as crisp and good as possible. I have a 24 inch acer 1080p hd monitor and it seriously looks amazing when you're sitting in front of it and playing, pure immersion whereas my tv is not very good (and even a larger tv you'd still have that lower quality game). hell if you have tons of money get eyefinity and do the 3 monitor setup; you'd need an insane graphics card but no tv can beat that shit.

deus ex the conspiracy was ok, but never as good as the pc version. hell, its the same with hr as the pc version has tons of options, things you can customize, and overall is just optimized to be better on the pc. the pc is the true gaming platform and allows massive freedom, whereas the consoles are good to plop down on a couch with friends for kicks and blow some shit up.

still waiting for this pc version to get cracked but i just don't think it will sadly. the beta was cracked fast (within a day if i remember), but this just doesn't look like it will be, or it will be like a day before release. at this point i just don't even care and am trying to not think about it as it drives me insane and i'll enjoy just getting the physical copy and booting that up, but man what i wouldn't give to be able to play the game today and up until school starts so i can beat it truly stress free and with max enjoyment and have nothing on my mind during school so i can worry about my classes/meeting people instead of where the conspiracy will take a fictional game character.

It's all about the controls and types of games as well as add-ons. FPSs and RPGs are infinitely better on PC, while adventure games and hack n' slashes tend to be better on consoles. Also driving games are better on consoles.

Simulators are only on PCs because you just can't do anything with a console.

Also, you don't have a desktop and laptops suck for gaming...get a bestial desktop and you'll never go back.

Well, I had a gaming PC years ago back when it was a gaming PC.

To be honest, it's mostly the sitting up straight in a chair with my shitty back that turns me off of it.

dunno if i posted this here, but since we're in deus ex mode this is pretty fucking hilarious if you ask me:

edit: just get a good chair? i have a really shitty chair which sucks for pc gaming, but everything else is so good i just deal with it. it also makes you take a break every couple hours which is good anyway, but i should be getting a super fucking nice office chair in time for human revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
j-z denton got 99 problems and a bitch aint one. jc tenton is also insanely hilarious; human revolution has had some pretty good shit with the takedowns so far and the sarif industries dancing thing, but if they wanna keep up with deus ex they have a lot of work ahead of them haha

I think I'm going to get a ps3 (not for this specific one because i'd never play a deus ex game on a console, though i did consider it last night o_O ). it's so easy to do the thing where you can play all the burnt games that why wouldn't i do that considering almost every major game ends up out like a week before? 200 bucks, a slightly bigger tv and i can play console games i eagerly anticipate days before? i think i'm crazy enough to do it. we'll see.

don't forget the removed hassle of large amount of cables between your computer and TV if you set up a media server on your PS3. Share a folder on your computer, its set up on the ps3 automatic and you can play HD, anything, subs etc straight off your ps3 without actually moving any data from your computer.

can anyone verify if this is true:

I don't remember exactly, but... in Oblivion, when you looked at the map, you had all the locations pin pointed and i think i remember that they were color coded. like if you got a new quest that involved going to a certain cave, the cave would show up red on your map. then, once you beat the quest, the next time you looked at the map it would be green and not red, to signify that the location had been explored/quest had been done.

is this how it worked?

You can't. But it doesn't matter, all the loot is randomly generated and everything levels up with you, there's no reason to even bother exploring caves that aren't part of a quest.

I believe there are map mods that do allow you to essentially "make notes" in some form. They're the more complex ones and there are a bunch of them so you have to search, but the green and red markers are only during active quests: green means the location required in the quest/person required/item etc is currently in the same area as you (ie if it's outside and you're outside anywhere in the world it'll be green) and it's red if it's inside another location (ie you're in the fields and it's in a city, a house, a cave, anything like that).

Honestly what I do is if i come across a dungeon or something I either explore it 100% right then and there, or obviously I see it coming up on my compass at the bottom of the screen where it's faint before you've gotten close enough I just steer away a bit so I don't come in contact with it and then I come back later. Theres so many dungeons and random places that to just have them appear on my map as i explore would be crazy so if i see one coming up and don't have time to explore it, avoiding it allows it to stay off my map so i know everything on there is already explored (makes it so only about 1/5th max of the map is explored, but it's a lot easier since i don't have that problem you're asking about now).