Gaming Thread

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6330075/dmc-first-look-preview/?tag=topslot;title;3

vs

zorg.jpg

Oh, and:
The new issue of Games Master awards Deus Ex a massive 94% score, calling the new entry "an incredible piece of game-making; it's the revival Deus Ex always deserved."

The mag concludes by calling the Square Enix shooter "a once-in-a-generation kind of game, and the first game in a decade to do everything the original Deus Ex did, and to do almost all of it better."

the reason im asking, might be shocking, but i actually started Morrowind yesterday. ive decided to try and get past the ridiculous fact that you have to read all the fucking text. i don't read it all anyway.

but one of the things i noticed immediately was the mapping. im way too weak to venture in the caves to kick peoples asses as im only level 2. but the problem is that i don't know how im gonna remember to go back to these caves once i get stronger. or remember to NOT go back. i went in one that i found that, lucky for me, was tiny, and i killed one dude and stole some gold. cave = done. but how'm I supposed to remember that ive already been inside of it? they really need to fix that. like make it red on your map to show that you've already found it at least. i get that it's difficult to find a way to mark that the cave has been 'completed' but at least show us that we've already been in it.

also, i stole something worth like 60,000 gold. or maybe it's 6000, can't remember. but no one will buy it from me because they don't have that much money. any ideas??

You'll find most people can't afford the stuff you have. However, there are a few rich merchants.

The armorer in Caldera (I think) has 2000 on him. Creeper the talking scamp in Caldera (he's upstairs in one of the buildings, I forgot which one) has 5000, and the talking Mudcrab merchant has 16,000 but he's very hard to find.

You might say "Well hell, why bother putting ridiculous prices on these items?" And that's true, but you can also buy stuff the merchants have if you sell for more money than they have, closing the gap. Also Creeper in Caldera is easy to get to (teleport from the Balmora mages guild), and the 5000 you get from him (which will replenish in three days, you can simply wait 72 hours), is actually a hell of a lot of gold. Enough to get you several level ups from trainers.

I think on my last play through, I reached level 20ish in just under a couple of hours. The second quest in the Balmora Mages guild (after the annoying mushroom hunt, but they're all by Seyda Neen and easy to find), causes the enchanter at the top of the guild to walk down stairs and leave her desk. When that happens, you can take her shit and sell it (not to her!), for many thousands.

As far as exploring something twice, the game is so big I just don't think that's going to be a problem for you, man. Level two isn't a good level to go in dungeons anyway, I'd wait until at least 5, and even then avoid daedric ruins.

The Fighters guild in Balmora will have some easy quest for you to do.

You'll find most people can't afford the stuff you have. However, there are a few rich merchants.

The armorer in Caldera (I think) has 2000 on him. Creeper the talking scamp in Caldera (he's upstairs in one of the buildings, I forgot which one) has 5000, and the talking Mudcrab merchant has 16,000 but he's very hard to find.

You might say "Well hell, why bother putting ridiculous prices on these items?" And that's true, but you can also buy stuff the merchants have if you sell for more money than they have, closing the gap. Also Creeper in Caldera is easy to get to (teleport from the Balmora mages guild), and the 5000 you get from him (which will replenish in three days, you can simply wait 72 hours), is actually a hell of a lot of gold. Enough to get you several level ups from trainers.

I think on my last play through, I reached level 20ish in just under a couple of hours. The second quest in the Balmora Mages guild (after the annoying mushroom hunt, but they're all by Seyda Neen and easy to find), causes the enchanter at the top of the guild to walk down stairs and leave her desk. When that happens, you can take her shit and sell it (not to her!), for many thousands.

As far as exploring something twice, the game is so big I just don't think that's going to be a problem for you, man. Level two isn't a good level to go in dungeons anyway, I'd wait until at least 5, and even then avoid daedric ruins.

The Fighters guild in Balmora will have some easy quest for you to do.

Cool, thanks for all that bro.

The game is so similar to Oblivion. It's starting to get fun. And yea, it's massive.

another thing I have problems with, just like Oblivion, is getting people's disposition up. My admiring and bribing never works. Or I bribe but never get anything out of it. They just take my money and that's it.

And the 2nd quest in that mages guild, where the lady leaves her desk - that's where I stole that item worth 6k. I wanna sell it cuz I'm short on cash and I'm impatient. I want some training and weapons to go hunting/exploring.

cool game world so far. but man...I gotta say they fucked up with Vive. The place is MASSIVE and the lack of a fast travel between the sectors makes it difficult.

Make sure that some of your main skills are acrobatics and running, or something like that. That way, just jump everywhere and you'll level up as well as running will level you up. Once you get it high enough, you'll be able to jump from rooftop to rooftop...like 50 meters across.

I always created my own character...I called him a Battle Lord and I always used as my major skills acrobatics, running, heavy and medium armor, block, lockpicking, swords, and a few others I can't remember. Stealth not so much.

I always created my own character...I called him a Battle Lord and I always used as my major skills acrobatics, running, heavy and medium armor, block, lockpicking, swords, and a few others I can't remember. Stealth not so much.

thats pretty much EXACTLY what my character is haha

and yeah doing dungeons before level 15 at the least is pretty dumb. obviously there are some easy ones, but a lot of them are just really fucking impossible (i'm level 20 and the daedric shrine near urlakishu or whatever the exact name is is fucking impossible, i was used to daedroths in oblivion so i thought it'd be easy and i got FUCKED.)

and yeah doing dungeons before level 15 at the least is pretty dumb. obviously there are some easy ones, but a lot of them are just really fucking impossible (i'm level 20 and the daedric shrine near urlakishu or whatever the exact name is is fucking impossible, i was used to daedroths in oblivion so i thought it'd be easy and i got FUCKED.)

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm only four or five clicks to the right of the default--and I have yet to find a non Daedric dungeon that was difficult, and I've been doing them since level 6 (I'm only 9 right now).

Then again, I'm mostly melee with a focus in Mysticism. I'm sure you can guess what my main spell is. :heh:

i do it on basic, i must've thought of the levels wrong because yeah i remember being able to do dungeons at level 10 but the thing that stuck out to me most was i recently just did this weird dome shaped temple sort of dungeon near mar gaan with a bunch of telvani agents in it and even that at level 20 was fairly hard (had to really plan my attack). basic dungeons with just rats, nix hounds and some people yeah you can do at around level 6-8, the more specific dungeons/dwemer ruins are best a bit higher than that (depending on the certain one, that green goo attack that the spider centurions can shoot at you fucks your shit up) and daedric ruins still fuck me up. i think its because my willpower is low so whenever i get hit with melee its no big deal but if you hit me with magic? FUCKED. one poison spell can take like 1/3rd of my health bar.

i do like the non randomly generated dungeons though, as of right now in the story i'm at
SPOILERS
where you're becoming the nerevarine and i believe i'm doing the 3rd prophecy or whatever, just left the dissedent priest thing where you rescue the chick
SPOILERSOVER
and i've been doing some random dungeons for fun and they're pretty legit. i keep wanting to get higher armor though since i'm basically a combo of steel and dwemer but i guess i'll just come across that as i continue playing.

I'm not talking about the random Ancestral tombs or small caves. I did the Dwemer ruins to the right of the bridge that's near the Moonmoth Fort as well as well as Marandaus (The stronghold just north east of the earliest Daedric ruin you find during a Mage quest). If you're hitting up areas that are on the way of the various guild quests, you should be ok for the most part. I'm also sitting at 38 armor rating and get a 5x in Endurance each level. ;)

You're gonna in for a serious challenge with the expansions, enemy. They make deadric ruins look like cakewalks. Tribunal has my favorite city in an Elder Scrolls game, Mournhold! City of light! City of magic!

This is a very minor spoiler, but hopefully you took longblade. In Tribunal, you get an awesome pair of enchanted swords that are the best weapons in the game. They have flames around them.

Oh, do you know what's really awesome about being a Breton (besides the fact that they are just the best race anyway?!).

SPOILER

You can actually wear the Boots of Blinding Speed with pretty much no sight penalty (not enough to matter anyway).

SPOILER

You're gonna in for a serious challenge with the expansions, enemy. They make deadric ruins look like cakewalks. Tribunal has my favorite city in an Elder Scrolls game, Mournhold! City of light! City of magic!

This is a very minor spoiler, but hopefully you took longblade. In Tribunal, you get an awesome pair of enchanted swords that are the best weapons in the game. They have flames around them.

yeah i'm not going to do the expansions until i finish the main quest, fuck around with some dungeons/ruins and become master of at least 2 guilds. considering how relentless morrowind is in comparison to stuff like oblivion i have no doubt it'll be difficult (as it should be, games are meant to have hard parts and things that you just can't do if you're underpowered that you have to work up to, like in deus ex how you can do things like kill anna early or other stuff but you have to be really powerful/skilled). i'm basically going to keep playing morrowind until HR comes out so hopefully i'll get pretty far and then drop off until i resume about mid september once i'm done with 5 playthroughs of HR. 3 days mother fuckers!

3 days mother fuckers!

Until you're sitting in school dreaming of something else that you wish you were able to do!

Lol...remember when I was talking about how the Deus Ex music reminded me of the Mass Effect music?

Last edited by a moderator: