Gaming Thread

decided to rent the new Mortal Kombat. How is it?

It is great. It has the UMK3 lineup which is nice and it really stuck to the roots. You got your old stages as well, and each character has multiple fatalities. You can play through the Story Mode in about 6 hours, but there is so much more to do and unlock. It is a very competitive game, as they have MK9 at Evo 2k11 this year. They also included some great DLC, which include characters like Rain, and FREDDY KRUGER.

The game will take you down through memory lane.

Toasty_mk2011.jpg

Yes he does appear. It has only happened to me ONCE but it can happen.

anyone ever play that old PSX game Dino Crisis?

Yes, and it was a great experience. I remember playing the demo when it came with my copy of Resident Evil: Nemesis. After that I played through it, and there were some parts where I jumped. Lots of suspense with that RE gameplay.

Either you're one of those people where Star Wars never did anything for you, or you've lost all sense of discovery if you can't get into the Mass Effect series. It's funny too, I kept saying it felt like I was in a universe that was just as large as the one Lucas created, and had not actually seen the comparison by anyone else before this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do. But there is also the irony that other people took his ideas and made them better. (Is that irony?)

Anyway, I can say this is by FAR the best Mortal Kombat game story wise. I still prefer the mechanics of the PS2 versions better, though. Still waiting for my friend to beat Deus Ex so I can play it. :(

I do. But there is also the irony that other people took his ideas and made them better. (Is that irony?)

It's only ironic if you thought that no one could ever surpass the master. Everyone knows that Empire was the best Star Wars film. I had no idea why this was when I was younger though. It wasn't soley because it had a more interesting story than first, the super awesome Hoth scenes or better character development of already established characters--or the lack of the Care Bears. Kids typically don't investigate movie directors, and pretty much everyone associated Star Wars with George Lucas.

I agree it's the best, but I could swear I remember someone on this forum saying Empire was the one he didn't direct?

Yes, which is why I commented on the director. It was the only one that he did not direct. Of course he still had a large role in pretty much everything else having to do with it though, and would constantly fly back and forth checking on it when he could.

Well, I just wish he would do one more trilogy before he dies. I know the last three were terrible, I want him to redeem himself, rather than wasting time on this remastering garbage.

Lucas has apparently been working on a live-action television Star Wars series for a while now, and as of this year, 50 episodes have already been written. But of course, to film it the way he wants it to be seen on television costs too much, so it's on hold until they can find a more reasonable way to film it, or possibly just wait for a few years until the production costs for the techniques that they want to use will lower.

In the meantime, Lucas can just make trillions off the upcoming Blu-Ray editions, then next year with the 3D rereleases in the theaters and then the 3D Blu-Rays ten years later.