Gaming Thread

or what about that dumbass gamefly service i hear about in a billion fucking ads? they have free trials and whatnot all the time so yo ucould join for the free trial, rent skyrim until you can get it yourself and then cancel on them.

I refuse to play fps on a pad. It's just counter-intuitive.

That's pretty funny. I have always refused to play any kind of FPS with a control pad as well, because they are just so fucking slugging and nowhere near as precise as a mouse/keyboard. My friends were always trying to get me to play Halo or Gears or something, and I tried it a few times and told them never again. They didn't understand until I forced them to play on my PC...

god dammit steam GOD DAMMIT. there are sooo many games i'm tempted to buy during the halloween sale, and yet i still have so many to play and don't need to pump cash into games.

I still have to play the lonesome road, beat the witcher, beat the witcher 2 2.0 on the new dark mode/arena, play stalker, beat bloodmoon before Skyrim (then i'll have done morrowind + all expansions), finish all oblivion side quests before skyrim, replay all gta pc games (got the $12 pack, fucking absurd deal but it'll let me beat san andreas, 4 and episodes on the pc which i never got to do) and more i'm probably not even remembering.

and yet so many games i've wanted to play are on sale for wicked cheap: the fear pack (2 games for 6 bucks wtf), bioshock 2 for $4.99, dead island, dead space series, borderlands, vampire: the masquerade bloodlines (this one i think i'm actually going to have to do because it probably won't be on sale other than this sale and it's such a price reduction + i've been recommended this by EVERYONE who loves the same games i do).

steams sales are such ridiculously good ideas, i probably wouldn't ever get around to buying those games at normal price despite wanting to, yet these sales are TEARING ME APART FUCK. i think i'm going to have to crack and get Vampire but resist the rest.

i don't have to no, but it's pretty compelling. luckily the witcher is keeping me very occupied, and vampire is only 4.99. i've had habits a lot worse than this so if i did have a gaming habit it'd be a welcome change in negative habits haha

anyone play modern warfare 3 yet? i heard it leaked via someone stealing a cd from a factory (fuck yeah finally a pc game leaking first, suck it consoles) but i have just about 0 desire to play it at all. battlefield 3 i'm going to get probably in a week or so because the multiplayer is going to be fucking amazing, the graphics are amazing, the single player will be semi entertaining and all around its pushing the boundaries of the genre, but mw3 is just going to be the same rehash they throw out every few years but with bigger and more intense scripted events. however if some people here truly dig it i might check it out because its pretty much impossible to count on the objectivity of any sites/magazines as they all suck on the cod dick no matter what.

the thing is too many games come out too fast. sounds obvious, but i think now it's at its worst peak. so many consoles, pc only games, online gaming, downloadable content, additional maps and levels and graphics upgrades. it's just too fucking much.

the thing is too many games come out too fast. sounds obvious, but i think now it's at its worst peak. so many consoles, pc only games, online gaming, downloadable content, additional maps and levels and graphics upgrades. it's just too fucking much.

I actually think the opposite, not enough games that are new come out, but where i get stuck is the older games. i didn't start playing games until 2000 and i didn't start seriously pc gaming until maybe 4 years ago so i missed out on soooo many games that its catching up with all the old games that is tough. i've played most of the classic, insanely high reviewed games that i'd enjoy but its the ones that are about 8/10 that are so numerous it's hard to catch up with all of them, and yet so many gems are in there. a lot of games come out during the holidays yeah but i don't like a lot of them, but combine the new releases (especially huge ones that hundreds of hours like skyrim fuck yeah) with all those old gems and you've got a lottt of games out there haha

Good god, the first 20 minutes leaked and I could not be happier.

Scandinavian accents on the Nords, Imperials decked out in Roman armor, top of the line cinematics, it's like a movie.

nice job spoiling everything for yourself, by the time you're done with your stockpiles of pre-release footage you'll have like 5 minutes left of gameplay that you haven't seen

GOOD JOB

Oh, yeah right. I'd seen more than this with Oblivion and still had hundreds upon hundreds of hours of enjoyment. I still have no idea what happens in the mainquest or any of the guilds, the first 20 minutes aren't important.

Fine, have a story

During a PS Vita Press Conference on Friday, Sony Computer Entertainment Taiwan announced the PS Vita will launch in Taiwan on December 23, at the conference SCET's new spokeswoman Rainie Yang, a well known celebrity in Taiwan, came out and spoke to the media. At the stage when asked about her favorite PlayStation game, Rainie claimed that her favorite is Nintendo's "Super Mario Bros" - a game that never appeared on PS platforms.

>Her answer wowed the crowd at the press confernece, aware that something went wrong, she started posing to the media to divert the attention. However when she started holding the PS Vita on her hand, she held it upside down, and of course she wowed the media again with her reckless behavior! It seems she is either clueless on video games, or she hates Sony.

wow, what a dumbass. gaming will always be considered a boys club if stupid beezies do shit like that and the stuff the bioware woman did.

i'm going to hold off on any real gameplay footage for skyrim until release, it's only 2 weeks away and honestly seeing much more now wouldn't do much for me. i've been watching the recent trailers that have just gone through a bunch of stock footage/panning above cities/environments and it's getting me super pumped by how beautiful and amazing it looks, but actually seeing the gameplay wouldn't do much since i truly want to be fuckin playing it right now haha. i'm going to hold off on everything except just info/articles so when i finally get the game and emerge from the character creation and go into it i'm thinking HOLY FUCK, and since it comes out on a friday that means i'll be preloading it and playing it the second it unlocks and not sleeping all friday night and just playing skyrim for 24-36 straight hours until i'm too exhausted to keep going :kickass:

i have a strong feeling that this is going to match up to morrowind, or maybe even top it (aside from my nostalgia factor which will always keep it super high in my book). from what it seems like they're taking all the great things about morrowind (especially the writing) in the deep elements, and combining them with what they've learned works in oblivion and fallout 3, and attempting to disregard what doesn't (modifying the leveling system so that there are areas that are far more dangerous and whatnot and you can sense the variation on the map). combine all this experience and knowledge with their familiarity with the console hardware so they can get amazing visuals and gameplay performance out of it (still wish they were doing it for pc because then it could be a hugeee leap but that ship has sailed) and this game is going to be a technical marvel as well as a worthy entry to the series.

so skyrims leveling system will be old school where if you find yourself in the wrong cave you will get raped by level 100 cave trolls? thank god they added danger back.

Yeah, just to a lesser extent. It works like in Fallout 3.

Every dungeon will have a level range. One dungeon might be 10-15 for example, meaning if you enter it before level 10, it will lock at 10. If you enter it at 13, it'll lock at 13. Enter above 15, and it'll lock at 15.

So there will definitly be high level areas. One previewer mentioned being level 7, and still getting one shot'd by a Giant.

So this isn't from the leaked intro or anything, but the Aldmeri Dominion is going to play a bigger role in Skyrim than I thought. Apparently they kicked the new Empire's ass, and made them sign a treaty agreeing to remove Talos (Tiber Septim god incarnate) from the Mythic. Worship of Talos is now banned in Skyrim. There will be several Thalmor (Agents of the dominion) in Skyrim.

So if you decide to side with the Empire, know that you're essentially siding with Altmer who want Alduin to eat the world again. Stormcloaks all the way. The leader of the Stormcloaks is voiced by Vladimir Kulich. Michael Hogan does the general of the Empire.