Gaming Thread

I stand corrected. I had to read a few pages back to remember.

My memory is as short as my dick. I must be getting you confused with someone else on this forum.

Do you still love me? :'(

Until the end of time...

Mass Effect 3 will offer a multiplayer co-op mode called "Galaxy at War".[36] In the mode, players will be able to play alongside up to three other players in unique missions that can impact the outcome of the single player campaign.[37] Each mission was designed specifically for multiplayer, and will involve taking over enemy strongholds. By completing these missions, players will give themselves a better chance of attaining a perfect ending in the single player campaign.

I stand corrected. I had to read a few pages back to remember.

My memory is as short as my dick. I must be getting you confused with someone else on this forum.

Do you still love me? :'(

Uh, it's not just you. I swear he was trashing the series repeatedly as well, and then Whitewolf would post about how he's high or drunk. Maybe it was Uneasy Conscience that was posting his dislike, but I don't think so.

Mass Effect 2 was very streamlined compared to the first, for which I did bash it, but it was forgivable considering what a great game it was. But now, they're just taking things too far.

By "wolf" of course I meant beast. And yes, ME2 was a step down in the RPG elements, but it was a gigantic step up in the art direction and gameplay. The story was much better in the first though. The series was always an RPG/Shooter, it was never supposed to be a hardcore RPG with light shooting elements. The only thing I miss from the first game is how fun Singularity, Lift and Throw were. But they gave us Charge, so I guess it almost makes up for it. The inventory never bothered me in either game, but there were many completely useless items in the first, especially the ammo types. There were like two that you would ever want to use. I can't honestly say which of the two I prefer, because I think they are both great for their own reasons...although the AI still blows.

Whatever, as long as they give you the option to do "RPG Mode".

Yeah, looking at his post on the previous page with the three options; I fail to see how this is honestly a bad thing. You basically have the game, the way it always was and then two alternative choices if you're into tossing down a lot of money just to play a crappier COD, or watching a very long cut scene. The only way this would have a negative impact is if it sells 10 million copies and other developers notice and think that even 30% of those sales were from the "Story" or "Action" camps and make games exclusively like that. Well, action wouldn't really be that big of a deal. It wouldn't be an RPG, and there are tons of "action" games with zero story already.

Really, if this gets Bioware more cash, and in the end they actually produced a really great game, then I'm all for it. This may be an incentive for them to actually continue making games that matter, and it will help fund future projects. Let the lazy people help pay for the games I want to play.

Until the end of time...

Mass Effect 3 will offer a multiplayer co-op mode called "Galaxy at War".[36] In the mode, players will be able to play alongside up to three other players in unique missions that can impact the outcome of the single player campaign.[37] Each mission was designed specifically for multiplayer, and will involve taking over enemy strongholds. By completing these missions, players will give themselves a better chance of attaining a perfect ending in the single player campaign.

Lol, good luck doing this on the PC. Also, a better chance does not mean that it will be impossible to get a perfect ending without doing this mode. It is cool that they added it though, but I kind of wish they had gone even farther and made the entire game co-op with two other people instead of the AI (not mandatory, but the option to fill in for the bots).

On a different note, the last couple DA2 story DLCs have been pretty cool. Bioware has listened to fan feedback in a lot of ways.

Also, Felicia Day.

Is there something other than Legacy and Mark of the Assassin? Legacy got slammed, and MotA got very lukewarm reviews.

um john, how is adding what essentially is different game styles/difficulties that are entirely optional and don't change anything for the people who want to play it how it has been before, a bad thing? You're encouraging pirating it because they're, in the end, making it more accessible for everyone? If it was a move that was going against the previous or current playerbase I'd understand, but this doesn't affect us at all. Why the rage?

well fuck, I'm officially addicted to Battlefield 3. Last night i was taking a break from the witcher and decided to fire up bf3/get everything set up and i loaded up one match, boom. i played for 4 hours straight and got so fucking into it, it's amazingly fun. absolutely great game, tons of fun multiplayer stuff; multiplayer has changed so much since back in the day because i haven't played an fps online since i was maybe 15. there's so much stuff now and it's so damn fun, though everyone is wayyy better than me and it's kinda absurd, yet still a blast despite getting killed twice for every 1 kill i make.

that said the whole drm shit ea has is BULLSHIT, they install tons of processes on your comptuer, you have to have an active connection to even play the campaign (the launcher for everything is an online page) and all around i'm really pissed about all the shit they've pulled with that that you can't get around. it's worth it though for the online, the campaign is a bit disappointing since its really COD-ified with tons of scripted events and quicktime events. it's still enjoyable but when you have a tough part that you have to reload often due to dying and you hear/see the same scripted events like 10 times it gets bothersome.

the graphics are quite amazing though. i had it set on auto graphics so i'd get max performance and it was auto set to high everything, ultra textures and holy shit it looks amazing. character models are slightly meh at times but overall the lighting and environments really feel like a war torn area and the destruction in online is awesome (hiding behind cover as the enemy blasts it to bits and eventually cuts you down is annoying yet so god damn awesome). since i haven't played any war fps's for a long time jumping straight into this with amazing graphics and performance (i'm getting 60 fps almost constantly even with v-sync on and all the settings i have) as well as gameplay is fucking rad.

if any of you guys play online and want to play with me or something my username is the same as my name here. so far i've only played rush and capture the flag modes and i can't seem to find any other things like deathmatch (how can they not have deathmatch?) but it's still damn fun.

if any of you guys play online and want to play with me or something my username is the same as my name here. so far i've only played rush and capture the flag modes and i can't seem to find any other things like deathmatch (how can they not have deathmatch?) but it's still damn fun.

squad deathmatch is as close as you will get, most BF games don't have deathmatch or even TDM because the emphasize teamwork as opposed to COD.

oh and sent an invite.

Whatever, as long as they give you the option to do "RPG Mode".

this.

Also, John. Do me a favor. As more and more Mass Effect 3 stuff comes out, keep it off of the board if it reveals anything storyline wise. I don't even want to see a single line of text or so much as a screenshot of a new planet (even though it's mostly on Earth, you see where I'm going with this) KEEP IT THE FUCK AWAY! Unlike you, I like the game to be an unfamiliar and new experience when I jump head first into it. I avoid all sort of leaked materials and whatnot and I'd like to keep it that way until next March. Thanks.

this.

Also, John. Do me a favor. As more and more Mass Effect 3 stuff comes out, keep it off of the board if it reveals anything storyline wise. I don't even want to see a single line of text or so much as a screenshot of a new planet (even though it's mostly on Earth, you see where I'm going with this) KEEP IT THE FUCK AWAY! Unlike you, I like the game to be an unfamiliar and new experience when I jump head first into it. I avoid all sort of leaked materials and whatnot and I'd like to keep it that way until next March. Thanks.

I will. I only do it for Skyrim because I can't help myself but to talk about it.

Now, I was too drunk last night to properly explain myself.

"As long as there's an RPG option I don't mind."

You don't think the RPG aspects will be limited because of this? You don't think EA will pressure Bioware to focus on a more "Action Mode" oriented perspective on future games when they find most people chose that option? Hell, it's the default choice.

Keep kidding yourselves. You'll be sorry when your precious Bioware turns it's back on you completely.

I agree that the whole different modes thing is fucked simply on principles. Bioware has been a great company that made great games and truly innovated, but everyone is watering their product down to appeal to the masses that games that push the boundaries and innovate are becoming few and far between. They shouldn't be tailoring it to suit all sorts of different choices because some players may think WAHHH I DON'T WANT TO HAVE CHOICES AND RPG ASPECTS; freedom of choice is one thing but watering it down just stifles creativity because they need to spend more time on getting those things set up.

KOTOR had a huge hand in revolutionizing the morality system in games and games like the witcher and halo made no concessions in taking design choices that were innovative but also risky. If you try to appeal to everyone and generalize, then it's much harder to really carve out your niche and innovations and be something different than the herd. the more homogenized games become in an attempt to please everyone the less we'll have huge revolutions in graphics, gameplay (the 2 gun model in halo really changed games and at the time halo was highly innovative, they weren't trying to fit in with some mold to sell the most copies) and other aspects of gaming. Pc gaming is being destroyed by consolization and now even console games are being destroyed by the desire for mass appeal since the designers are using their efforts to water their products down instead of innovate, take risks and push boundaries.