Gaming Thread

Someone just told me the sword is dynamically leveled actually, so I'm wrong.

Higher level you are when you get it, the better the stats.

But yeah, the enchant abuse weapons are cool at first, but get boring 10 minutes after you kill something.

I got it at level 41... The cap is somewhere in the high 70s (soft cap at 50) so I would imagine that my item would have been a little bit closer to that if that were indeed its legitimate stats.

Yeah, I like enchants and refining weaponry/armor, but I really don't like the idea of one-shotting everything... all of the time.

This is why I was so salty earlier when talking about how awful Destruction is in this game when you can do shit like this for physical classes. I agree, one-shotting things is boring as hell and you may as well just type "TGM" if you want to play that way.

The fact is that you can even do this though (you don't even need more than Smithing OR Enchanting to trivialize the game anyway), and the only thing you can do for Destruction is reduce mana costs so that they are free. That still doesn't raise your damage or come close to what the crafting skills do for physical though. Whenever I play, I just pick a single crafting skill if I'm going to use one and don't bother with any of the others due to the absurdness. Even then, I accidentally broke my game with my very first Warrior, not understanding how powerful Smithing was. After that I had to self moderate...

He claims this is a quest item

Arcane Smithing. It looks like it was upgraded due to the suffix, but maybe they are just that quality at higher levels. There's a list of scaled items and none are past level 38.

The cap is somewhere in the high 70s

Pretty sure it's 81 for characters. Unless you're just talking about when items stop scaling?

No clue, man. I avoided looking at statistics and numbers at this game the moment I started playing it so that I could actually enjoy it. I just read that it was soft cap at 50. You're right, it's 81 max.

Ugh, I haven't even kept up with character changes as I can't get competitive again until May, when I move to Austin. There I'll be traveling to all of the majors and regionals, so I'll be much more up-to-date then. I know that Abel is getting his U2's startup messed with again and that's about all. I play Abel, Fei, and Gief. I'm about to pick up KOF XIII though, so I can get in some practice before I head home for xmas break, As all of the Mexicans in Texas >> The rest of the country in KoF so it's something I always keep up with. The one thing that pisses me off about KOFXIII though is that activation now automatically makes your character move forward. I spent YEARS perfecting activation combos in 2k2, only for that skill to go completely obsolete. I guess there's always Ultimate Match (lawl, broken ass game)

Steve, that's not playing to win. That's playing to have fun. David Sirlin's unemployed ass would be furious at you.

9qbw2s.jpg

Some people go for a jog, some people clean their room, or cook a meal. I, I shave my sack.

"In a video interview, Lead Designer Matt MacLean recounted the four classes - fighter, mage, thief and cleric - that players can select as the new kid in South Park when he first meets Eric Cartman at the beginning. The "Jew" marks the fifth and final class in the game."

For anyone who has even a blip on the care factor meter, the first reiview for FFXIII-2 is out. Considering just how completely awful the previous game was, and how high Famitsu scored it (even though most Japanese players actually hated it as much as we did), I wouldn't put much faith in the now Japanese equivalent of IGN. Still has a few interesting points nonetheless.

http://gamingeverything.com/12934/l...he-first-perfect-final-fantasy-xiii-2-review/

Yo, you on that KoF13? I have a grudge/money-match on it in a week in Dallas. I can't wait to tap into my Dark Geese-learned skills and wreck shop, touting my honorary Mexican status. :kickass: