Gaming Thread

Never really liked the KoF games, but I was watching people playing it last weekend for a few hours. XIII looks like one I could probably finally get into, and I love the fact that it's hand drawn. Some of the moves just looked downright awesome animation wise. It kind of looks like the animation you would see in between an Alpha game and SF3. Which is a good thing, because SF3 just had too much animation sometimes.

Yeah, Elena hurt my eyes. You know, I played 3s0 online for awhile but I got bored. It sucks when you get on and win 150 matches in a row. Seriously, it gets boring. Some people might thinking winning 100% of the time is fun in an online game but I absolutely do not. If you're always winning, you're never learning.

Yeah, Elena hurt my eyes. You know, I played 3s0 online for awhile but I got bored. It sucks when you get on and win 150 matches in a row. Seriously, it gets boring. Some people might thinking winning 100% of the time is fun in an online game but I absolutely do not. If you're always winning, you're never learning.

Eh, I guess. At least when you're at a level where you're actually getting ridiculous streaks like that since it sounds like you're playing against total scrubs. I don't play Third Strike, but it sounds a lot like what happened with MvC2, where you end up with "a lot" of people playing, but a large majority of them are new to the game. If you've been playing since it came out, it will obviously be difficult to find any good games randomly. Unless you already have a flawless execution though, you can still at least use people as live practice dummies.

Well, you play 3s for almost a decade there's nothing that you can't do outside of some crazy Urien unblockables, which are pretty fun just super tough to do 100% of the time. Yeah, I tried MvC2 online once they fixed AHvB and destroyed scrubs with rowtron. Same problem on that game too, the good players are far in the minority and if you don't have any people on your friends list that are currently on, there's almost no reason to play it. I also went through the same thing with NGBC and KOF2k2UM/98UM. Then again, online matches only go so far when it comes to developing real skill and I like to think of them more as a time-killer and distraction than an actual tool to be used in learning.

Avina: Please do not disturb the keepers.

Avina: Please do not disturb the keepers.

Assuming direct control

Avina: Please do not disturb the Reapers

So, I started going back through Mass Effect 2 without importing a previous save from ME1 and after about 10 hours of play became absolutely enraged at the choices it makes for you. Also, some of the dialog changes are unbearable if you've become attached to Shepard and the game in general.

- You killed the Council, way to go. (Makes sense to kill a few people to save tens of thousands but that's not how it's gonna work in my story folks. The Council created the illusion of stability and control, without them things would be chaos.)
-You killed the Rachni Queen, dick.
-Udina on the council? Are you fucking kidding me?
-New council and your toally unpatriotic choice = No Spectre status and the Alliance/Udina won't have anything to do with you.
-You go around touting "Former Spectre" status.
-The super awesome and tense romance dialog with Liara in The Shadowbroker DLC is swapped with some crap about her intentions of rescuing her friend.

That's just the beginning. I dealt with it up until I got to the Shadowbroker and immediately turned it off and started a new game. I couldn't handle it :lol: I don't feel like playing through ME1 every time I start a new game so I guess I'll buy that interactive comic book DLC that lets you make the choices from 1. *grumble*

I killed the council because they were fuckheads who kept messing with me and i don't care about them or their illusion of control. i forget what happens in me2 but clearly it didn't matter much. anderson ended up being on my council though because udina can go die for all i care, and i also saved the rachni queen, i figured they'd be an ally at some point and even if they wouldn't who am i to say their entire species should be eliminated? i'm not a huge mass effect fan (well i do really like it but nothing compared to you guys haha) so i'm just going to go through one more time probably before 3 comes out so i can import a save where i've legitimately played from me1-me3 (by now i can barely remember what i did/if i have my saves).

how are the people playing TOR doing so far? i'm really trying to keep myself from getting it since i know it will eat up my life (hell skyrim has already taken 130+ so i can't even imagine a game like KOTOR but even more expansive and with more content) but i'm quite curious how its doing. i hear its great but people are just pissed off at server problems etc. i have no doubts the mega star wars geeks here are playing like mad haha

Saving the council isn't so much about saving the assholes who are on it so much as it is about preserving the sanity they provide. With the perceived structure that they offered in question and shambles more things are bound to go wrong that will effect human/alien relations on a galactic scale. Fuck those guys, I agree, but what they represent has been sanctified and should be kept from harm to keep civil unrest in check, as things are rough enough without the masses going OH LAWDY, OUR LEADERS, THEY BE DEAD, WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO?? Also, keeping them around provides you with the ability to maintain your position as a Spectre, albeit kept from public view, it offers resources that will be extremely valuable to Shepard.

*edit*

Damn, I'm a fucking nerd. :lol:

I'm not spoiling anything, but the leaked script was confirmed by Bioware. Like...ugh, the third game is more or less going to play out the same way no matter what you did.

Not to say I can't wait to play it.

I've pretty much done from the start that I'd play through the game once each time with the choices I've made irreversable so I can't just arbitrarily load and change my mind in the next game. So when the final part does come and is finished, I'll try out other options etc. But for now I'm sticking with my choices and deaths D:

also there's not enough dr. pepper talk in here

SHEPHERD DIES TO SAVE THE GALAXY FROM THE REAPERS AND THEN BECOMES A MARTYR THE END.

nah i really have no idea and i don't care about mass effect enough to read the script. i'm also going to go through again without doing the save/reload thing because i do that too much in games and it really takes the purpose out of actually making choices, thats one of the reasons i realllyyy am trying to stay away from TOR; i know that it's just so great and so perfect for me i'd never have a social life again.

i guess since i killed the council last time i'll save them this next time i set up my save for me3. can anderson be on the council if you save them? udina is a fuckwad so any chances to kill him are greatly appreciated. i still think honestly that saving them is a way worse choice but since i killed them the first time i might as well save them this next time and see what happens.

also whats the deal with the dr pepper thing? i drink dr pepper and as such i get a lot of bottles with bf3 stuff on them, is there something is hould be looking for? tbh i almost never even think about contests and shit in products because the chances of winning are so small and they've gone from having YOU WIN/YOU LOSE to codes on each bottle because they know a lot of people (like me) won't take the time to enter the codes and deal with all the bullshit to see if they won, whereas you win/you lose means everyone can be checking which makes them more likely to have to give away the prize earlier. if there's something easy to do in regards to the bf3 dr peppers (i already have bf3 so i can't imagine i'd want anything) then i'll check my future bottles for shit.

About to wrap up Skyrim so I can finally go back and finish Digital Devil Saga.

Gods...the Shin Megami Tensei games on the PS2 are like, the perfect series. Fucking perfect. Except Devil Summoner, that was awful.