Gaming Thread

so I'm thinking of upgrading my computer for all the great games that are coming out, right now i have a amd phenom quad core 9750 2.4 ghz, 4 gb ram, vista (i include this because this fucker takes up so much performance), ati radeon hd 4350 (512 mb i think) and while it can run a lot of stuff well; it's just not cutting it for me. I checked online and saw i can get a really good 1 gb ati card for about $100 and an amd quad core 3.4 processor for $150; if i upgraded to a 1 gb ati card and a 3.4 amd quad core would i be set to play the really graphics heavy games coming out? also i've never installed stuff like that before (my brother always did it for me but he's busy now), is it easy to do or should i call him or have some sort of service do it for me? any help would be appreciated; i don't know much about computer stuff just that i hateee lagging, popup and low graphics and would love to avoid it haha

an ATi 128-bit 1GB Card GDDR5 should work just fine along with the processor. You will be able to play a game like Mass Effect II maxed out just fine.

Make sure you have some decent RAM in your system and with your quad core 3.4ghz processor I don't see why you would have a problem with most games.

If you need some advice, look up some recommended system requirements for games that you would like to play.

Also for the install, just have your brother do it but HAVE HIM SHOW YOU.

I use www.pricewatch.com for my parts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While on the subject here is my dream computer.

MotherBoard - Asus Rampage III Extreme $359.99 (Free Shipping)
Processor - Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition $799.00 (Free Shipping)
Power Supply - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible $109.99 (Free Shipping)
Video Card - Sapphire Radeon HD5970 2GB DDR5
2DVI/Mini-DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card CrossfireX

That's what I have so far.

Anyway hope I helped, I'm off to bed i'm fucking tired.

unsure because it looks a bit different from the older ones :p

oh and GET ALIEN SWARM
I got it, practiced a few times already. Like the Medic most, but that can change in multiplayer.

ur SteamID? On second thought, guys, post all your IDs in this thread. Mine's ElStormo.

And Disciples III is good, stays true to the original with the exceptions that units move on the hex board instead of standing still. I just loved mah Undead Hordes :( That Death Knight with his awesome green-glowing sword was the coolest dude ever.

I strongly recommend checking out LIMBO. It's the first game this year on xbox live's summer of arcade. It is a very atmospheric, understated, and sometimes downright disturbing platformer. I've only played it for about an hour so far, but I'm loving it.

Here's some gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator: