Gaming Thread

the only zelda game i truly love is Ocarina. Majora's mask really didn't do it for me that much (so much that i didn't even finish it) and once nintendo went fucking retarded with the wii, gamecube etc i didn't have a chance to play anything after. ocarina is still probably one of my favorite games of all time though (due to nostalgia probably) but all the remakes are just ridiculous and shows how nintendo really is just stagnating and sucking.

I fully agree about Ocarina being the best--and no, it's not just nostalgia talking. I've played virtually all of them sans a few of the portables, and that's still the one that stands out the most, and not just because it was the first to leap into the third dimension. I also enjoyed MM, but it just felt like a weaker Ocarina.

About the Gamecube+ versions; I initially thought I was going to hate Celda, especially after the awesome 2000 Space World tech demo (Cool, just like N64 but even more realistic and gritty!), but I actually ended up enjoying it quite a bit. When TP arrived, and they went with the "realistic look", I thought I'd really enjoy it, but the game itself was just extremely boring by then.

Heres hoping that the Wii U version is actually fun, because graphically it looks amazing.

Det Som Presents:Links Ultimate Kvlt Adventure. Coming, Summer 2020.

Gee, thanks for that. Now I can't get the picture of a scowling corpse/war painted Link out of my head.

The reviews speak for themselves.

10/10 IGN Just the breath of fresh air the franchise needed.
10/10 Gamespot Det Som's done it again. Unique ideas and innovative gameplay break Zelda from it's long-formulaic chains.
10/10 Gameinformer I want it inside me.

I'd personally rank them as follows...

Majoras Mask > Ocarina of Time > Wind Waker > Twilight Princess = Oracle of Seasons/Ages > A Link To The Past > The Minish Cap > Links Awakening > Legend of Zelda > The Spirit Tracks > The Adventure of Link

Link to the Past - Amazing game. Majora's Mask is seriously under-rated. That game was amazingly good as well. I still prefer the old Zelda in my own opinion, but Majora's Mask is not to be ignored.

Link to the Past vote for me :)

my problem with majoras mask and a link to the past (which i loved but never finished due to getting stuck) was actually a really lame excuse; the difficulty was too hard. the problem i had was as a kid i liked videogames, but couldn't try out every possible solution etc and would eventually give up (thanks add) so i wouldn't get to finish great games. granted some games were rated mature like deus ex and were for older people who could understand them more (at 10 i stopped playing it and picked it up again and finished it when i was a bit older and loved it even more), but with games like majoras mask the timing of the moon coming down to hit the earth just drove me insane as i knew there were ways to stop it/get around it but at the time i just wanted ocarina again. now i lost the cable for my n64 and can't give it a go again, but its sad one of the unique gameplay elements managed to fuck up my experience for me.

A Link to the Past obviously > Ocarina.

Now that's some nostalgia talking. Honestly, that was my favorite Zelda game by far next to Ocarina, but Ocarina was just so much more vast and immersive--while still being able to remain a Zelda game. Of all of the games, for sure those would be what I would consider the top two, but Ocarina is just...better. :worship:

Captain N was great

Megaman and an effeminate Simon says no (He may as well have been Captain Hero from Drawn Together). There were very few good cartoons during the 80's unless you were five or female: Battle of the Planets (aka Gotchaman or G-Force), Transformers, Robotech, Voltron, G.I. Joe, Dungeons and Dragons, Herculoids, He-Man, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Thundarr The Barbarian and the occasional Smurfs, Tom and Jerry, or Looney Tunes if you're desperate.

Although technically that show doesn't really even apply to what I was talking about. I thought it came out in 86-87, but apparently it ran from 89-91. That still doesn't excuse it!

Objectively, yes. But Majoras Mask had undeniably better atmosphere. And the the way it handled time travel STILL hasn't been done in another game. Which is a shame.

It's so cool when you first get to the town in Majoras Mask, and see some kid in a keaton mask running up to the mailbox and mailing a letter. You're like "Wtf?". Then he runs back inside and locks you out. You see this for at least half of the game. Then when you finally have the resources to do that quest, it takes the entire "72 hours", and turns out to be one of the deepest and most involving stories in a side-quest in the series. So you do the quest, get the mask, and help this tragic couple, only to have to go back in time before the moon crashes and they have no idea who you are again.