gareth says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't mean you should be exposed to how it really is for young interns & assistants in the real world.

there's nothing worse than the 1st time you're sitting in "the chair", and you have a guy standing behind you who has spent the last 40 years of his life in a studio, scrutinizing every aspect of your session in a manner that only a seasoned pro like himself could...

to sum it up: woe is he who hits the red button before scratch testing ALL the mics...

yeah... ha.

oh, and i'm sure it was obvious that i meant to type "shouldn't" in that sentence. already edited my post for the correction.

GUIZE.

A HOOF.
yeah, well... there's no arguments happening right now... we are discussing pretty much on-topic subject matter so if you're trying to derail us, it's not very helpful. you could possibly contribute something, or just go and visit www.redtube.com(i personally recommend it, ;)), but stop polluting please.

d'oh.. oh yeah.

me bad?
southpark_12.gif

ba-chomp, ba-chomp, ba-chewy-chewy chomp!

James, the new hat style encouraging you to post more frequently lately?:lol:

Seriously though, it's really good to have you around posting fairly frequently in these recent weeks, a voice of reason such as you is always appreciated in my books and it's good to have someone with more experience and knowledge like you to really put things into perspective for me as a much younger guy myself.

Yikes that sounds Harsh James; but to be honest; without meaning to be an arrogant prick ;) if i was in that position id probably do the same. I don't have an assistant much as id love one, because i don't have time to teach him pro tools and answer a million questions in the middle of a session that bands are more often than not paying for out of their own pocket.

yep, and fuck-ups are still costly, in time if nothing else (and who has much of that to piss away these days?), so it's still a great model. can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

and yeah, before anyone whines... i'm well aware that many here are avowed hobbyists with no pretensions to, or desire for, a professional career. doesn't mean you shouldn't be exposed to how it really is for young interns & assistants in the real world.

Wait... wha??? Someone who has no aim to even compete within the professional audio recording sphere, still deserves to be talked to as if they were a piece of shit??? Strange ethics James, strange ethics.

Wait... wha??? Someone who has no aim to even compete within the professional audio recording sphere, still deserves to be talked to as if they were a piece of shit??? Strange ethics James, strange ethics.

err... more like a strange interpretation of what i said. here's something that you should be able to understand... practice reading more.

jeebus, some of you guys just read what the hell you want to read, the way you want to read it. i meant they should read the story i wrote, so they know how it often is for guys that are going for a career via the intern/assistant route as a launch point... i didn't write fuck all about anyone "deserving" anything... that's your faulty interpretation, compounded by adding words i didn't even say.

my POINT in adding that sentence as to make it clear that i don't think it's a good thing to pander to the hobbyists, because that will diminish whatever value this forum can have for the career minded guys, while the hobbyists are not hurt at all, not one bit, by getting a glimpse of the path they have decided against... Xst! THINK before you post.

and just STOP trying so damned hard to have a problem with things i write. it's people like you that made me fuck off before, and will likely be why i fuck off for good. tired of having to explain things i've already typed clearly enough first time 'round. if you can't do that, then just don't address me, i don't have time for the nonsense.

Please don't leave, I love being on a forum with one of my favourite guitar players, and to be so amicable and casually approachable as you are makes me think I could gush about how much I love your harmonies and whammy technique and you wouldn't mind at all, even though I would totally never do that. :Spin:

I'm just a lurker though, I'm not really positioned as such to speak on the general well being of this forum but I would say having the patronage of someone who has been in the industry as long as yourself who can share that level of insight is invaluable to a forum that seems to pride itself on being a place of learning.

Looks like I gushed a bit anyway, hope those aren't new shoes. :lol:

and just STOP trying so damned hard to have a problem with things i write. it's people like you that made me fuck off before, and will likely be why i fuck off for good. tired of having to explain things i've already typed clearly enough first time 'round. if you can't do that, then just don't address me. i don't have time for it.

I'm not trying; there are loads of posts by you, where I haven't even replied to them with questions or queries. The reason? Those posts (or the ones I've read anyway) are fairly clear in what they're trying to say.

The reason I replied to this one? It wasn't clear at all!! You seemed to be implying that the hobbyist should still have to put up with the bullshit the interns and assistants have to put up with. That's what you seemed to be implying.

Now if I've got that wrong, then by all means, correct me. But put the paranoid insinuations aside, and try not drinking so much coffee! :lol:

how the hell do you think throwing in some shit about "paranoia" and "drinking too much coffee" at the end of what could otherwise have been a reasonable reply could do anything other than make you look like a passive-aggressive shit starter, eh? for fuck's sake, do you really need this explained to you? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.