GClip on Mac? YES!

Yes, I can confirm that it works with snow leopard, and you can run multiple instances of vst plugins with the latest wacvst.

The KVR instructions worked fine for me, until Plist editor. It won't save when I change the file extension to the 8505 filename. Is there any way around this?

Does it look like this?

screenshot20100225at100.png

You should just be able to change what you need to and command+s to save.

Edit - Sorry, I know that sounds stupid, but it should be that simple. Not sure what could be wrong.

Hmm... I've never had this problem. Try right clicking config.plist and going to "get info" to check the permissions. Make sure you have write privileges. Only think I can think of.

Well shit, if you guys can just pass these along that would be awesome. I can think of a few plugs for pc that us mac dudes would want. I wonder if it would be any better than the reaper/crossover thing I'm doing now.

joey, not done the tutorial, but i have a fair bit of experience here;

wine is the supporting back end of wacvst, it needs to be installed (read, compiled), in order for it to work.

a redistributable binary package is not out of the question, but it's certainly going to be messy (replacing system packages in an installer is not something i'd like to code myself..).

you'll have to wait until you can get all the packages, i'm afraid. i'd do it for you, if i was there though! haha.

use a limiter with 0 attack and release in the meantime, until you can get gclip working..!

thanks,

This got me so excited. I have been working on it off and on all day but with no success. Maybe someone who knows wtf they are doing can help me out...

I am running snow leopard with reaper. I got wine installed, xquartz, macports, porticus all downloaded and installed and went through everything in that kvr tutorial.

Do you put the wacvst folder itself in the vst folder? Or do you just put the wacvst binary file thing in there?

Also, I changed the name of vst file name in the plist. I am not sure that my wine installation is what it has set as the default. From what I can tell my wine is located /rory/winefiles

Does that make any sense? I just did a regular install of wine. Maybe I should just give the fuck up because this has been been extremely frustrating. It doesn't help that I just switched over from pc to mac..... I really am not familiar with any of this but I am trying. :erk:

Here are all the instructions once you get wine installed -

You need to drag the .dll into the Resources folder of wacvst.vst, then edit the config.plist so that the plugin name matches the .dll name, make sure the wine-path is correct (mine is located at /opt/local/bin/wine), and change a few numbers of the uniqueID. Then you can rename the wacvst.vst folder, to pluginname.vst or whatever, and drag it into your vst folder.

I guess wine might be located at /usr/local/bin/wine, but following the instructions I got here, mine was at /opt/local/bin/wine. If you followed instructions somewhere else yours could be called something different, but I don't really know.

I actually did everything listed here, and it doesn't seem to show up for me. Wine is installed (terminal says it's version 1.1.39), I made sure the path was correct, it has a unique ID, it's named correctly, it's in the right folder, etc. Porticus also shows that wine-devel is installed. Having X11 open seems to make no difference. Thoughts?

The VST just isn't showing up, or it isn't opening? Sometimes it will give me an error like "the plugin failed to load", but after a few tries it will load up fine. Also, you will need X11 running while using the plugins.

The VST doesn't show up in Logic 8. In Amadeus II, I see a plugin, but when I try to open it, it gives me a memory error (the connection to the plugin failed). When I try to open it again, it says I cannot run the same plugin twice.

It won't open in Logic because Logic isn't compatible with VST's. You need to wrap the VST with a VST to AU wrapper to use it in Logic.