Gettysburg

The Prophecy - 6 decent minutes of moody metal. A decent Larry solo around the 4 minute mark and only a few Matthew-Arghs. I enjoyed it overall, very good. :)

Birth Of The Wicked - Nothing good to mention here at all. :( A boring song that seems to have no highs and no lows. Very flat & monotone vocals from Matt. Larry's solo starts crap, and end's less crap. :(

The Coming Curse - I've always loved the piano intro, it's beautiful. Great song overall. I know this song has at least one solo, but I can't ever remember hearing it!
"I walk the earth, another day-Argh
The wicked one-Argh, that comes this way-Argh
Saviour to my own-Argh, devil to some-Argh
Mankind falls, something wcked comes."
I do like Matt, and really enjoy his voice (when he uses it), but that little habit of his pisses me off to no end. :mad: I can't wait to hear Ripper sing this chorus.

I agree that the Larry solo in The Prophecy is good, probably his best. I like the way the three songs link together. The use of the clock is very cool, and the piano intro to The Coming Curse is awesome, and I LOVE the way the guitar bursts into the same riff. Awesome. Overall I like the first 2 songs but they aren't among IE's best, where as The Coming Curse, and the whole of Gettysburg is.

Matt is an excellent vocalist, one of my favourites and his vocals on BO are the shit, but I really love Ripper's performance on TGB, and I can't imagine Matt's take sounding any better. I don't think they would fit as well after hearing Ripper do it, which is like the exact opposite of what I expected.

I think I might actually like The Prophecy more than The Coming Curse! :eek:

Havent you heard those songs before Sydo? And are you listening to the AIA versions?

They were the album versions. I've heard them a fair bit before, but never listened to them in much detail. :)

I bought the album today. I quite like it. Thoughts upon first listen:

* The Reckoning isn't terribly good.

* When the Eagle Cries isn't bad.

* Hollow Man is really good.

* Best track so far is Valley Forge

* I haven't listened to Gettysburg yet cos it's on disc 2 (I got the 2-disc version for $41 at JB) and I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Top stuff! :headbang:

The Reckoning has AWESOME Painkiller-esque verses, but a TERRIBLE chorus that sounds way too Horror Show meets Rhapsody, a crap attempt at sounding dark and operatic.

(I don't know where some people's Helloween comparisons come from with that chorus though coz Helloween choruses are bright, happy and very straight forward & rocky, The Reckoning thinks its Carmina Barana or something)

Hollow Man is good. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I cant believe you are still kidding around Spiffo, you were saying that last night!

Valley Forge is good? You are INSANE. Possibly in the membrane.

The only shoddy thing about some of the MP3s is the songs themselves pooface!

I liked the sample of Hollow Man, but still haven't heard the rest of the album so can't compare it to anything :mad:. Waterloo's quite good if you ignore the "and now let's have a history lesson" lyrics though.

W

Valley Forge is good, but not near the best on the album.

Same goes for Waterloo

Hollow Man isn't exactly bad, I just think it is VERY mediocre, especially after other IE ballads like Melancholy.

As for The Reckoning, I give it an 8/10, but if the chorus was just used as an intro and an outro, and something better and more aggresive used as the actual chorus, it would be a 10/10. Great song, could be brilliant.

When The Eagle Cries is woeful, but after a few listens it isn't quite as woeful as I first suspected, but it is still shite.

I think somebody should write a metal album about their patriotism for Australia.

It can start with a guitar version of Advance Australia Fair like this album starts with Star Spangled Banner, then the first song can be about Captain Cook and then go through things like convicts, gold rushes, World Wars, cricket games, a metal version of the VB commercial song ("A hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer and the best cold beer is Vic!") and finish up with Big Kev in the biggest metal anthem ever to come out of Australia which can be called "I'm Excited" and feature him jumping out from behind a clothesline in his silky Australian flag shirt in the video clip.

Sounds like a killer.

David Boones record breaking flight to England can be turned into the greatest ballad ever!