Gigantour 2008; Megadeth, Children of Bodom, etc. confirmed

Oh man I'm seeing them in 6 days!! I can't wait :D

I hope they play first at this one too...

Saw them last night in Atlanta...
Crowd went freaken balls out for bodom more so than deth...
Way it should be I say, despite their only 8 track setlist.
Hung out for hours before show, and after show, managed to meet Henkka, Jaska, and Roope. Alexi slept till just before going on stage and was passed out again after the show... Roope was drunk as fuck and passed out shortly after, didn't see Janne. Was badass enough though.
Dave just doesn't give a shit about the fans it seems, less you buy a VIP package. Walked right by me holding a esp V asking for autograph, gave me the shoulder. :err:
Overall, 6 hour drive was worth it just to see 8 tracks by Bodom, they really have gotten more powerful since 2003.

holy fuck i know its been said but the crowd in those gigantour vids has no emotion or feeling what so ever.....zombies?????

man those songs look really fun live, i'd like to go but i doubt i can get a ride. i guess i'll just have to wait for the headlining tour and go to all the CA dates.

Yeah, I had to drive 10 hours to that show since I live in Florida and for the first time Gigantour DID not come here... And I doubt Bodom will be coming back to America on this tour, so I might have to wait even longer than a year.

"01. Six Pounder
02. Living Dead Beat
03. In Your Face
04. Hate Me!
05. Hellhounds On My Trail
06. Angels Don't Kill
07. Blooddrunk
08. Downfall

and for the fanboys like myself....
alexi was running through a kerry king marshall, boosted with a boss SD-1. i had a good view of the rigs from where i was. there was a rack under it, but i think it was roopes rig."

from my friend at the esp boards

Man the crowd in those vids are WEAK compared to what we had in Houston
Everyone was chanting "Bodom! Bodom! Bodom!" BEFORE they'd even left the stage
Alexi just stood there smiling for like 30 seconds watching us then went into the next song

There were some fans lining outside their bus but I didn't see them come out.

I was one of those fans... I waited for a while and and ended up speaking briefly with Henkka. friendly guy.

Crowd went freaken balls out for bodom more so than deth...
Way it should be I say, despite their only 8 track setlist.
Hung out for hours before show, and after show, managed to meet Henkka, Jaska, and Roope. Alexi slept till just before going on stage and was passed out again after the show... Roope was drunk as fuck and passed out shortly after, didn't see Janne. Was badass enough though.
Dave just doesn't give a shit about the fans it seems, less you buy a VIP package. Walked right by me holding a esp V asking for autograph, gave me the shoulder. :err:
Overall, 6 hour drive was worth it just to see 8 tracks by Bodom, they really have gotten more powerful since 2003.

ha hey dude i was waitin with you for a while...

grats again on the V, i shouldve brought one of my fucking blooddrunk lps to get signed! :err:

Bodom's getting approximately 40 minutes, I guess.

The Butt said:
Judging by a set of vids on YouTube:

Intro - I estimate about 1:00
Sixpounder / Living Deat Beat - 8:59
In Your Face - 3:45
Hate Me! - 5:17
Hellhounds On My Trail - 4:36
Angels Don't Kill - 5:06
Blooddrunk - 4:25
Downfall - 6:01
Outro - I estimate about 1:00

Total that up, that's 40:19.

And that takes into account all of Alexi's yapping. :lol:

man those songs look really fun live, i'd like to go but i doubt i can get a ride. i guess i'll just have to wait for the headlining tour and go to all the CA dates.

I can't see them this year in Europe, cause Wacken is apparently sold out and the 2 or 3 other shows are too far from where I live. But I will be in Florida in september and I hope they'll tour before I left america (april or may 2009). :erk:

so for my own peace of mind, is it true that anyone can go over to the buses and stuff, not just people with the VIP passes?? cuz this saturday when i go id really like to meet/get pics with some of the COB guys....answers for a poor soul please???

so for my own peace of mind, is it true that anyone can go over to the buses and stuff, not just people with the VIP passes?? cuz this saturday when i go id really like to meet/get pics with some of the COB guys....answers for a poor soul please???

Just go and see. hang the hell out. In Atlanta i stood there 200 feet away from Jaska, Henkka, and Roope for a few hours before i finally just said fuck it and went AROUND the tour bus and the security guy telling us to fuck off.

There was even a guy who kept walking out of where the busses were lying to us, saying that bodom werent there. he actually tried to tell a kid that JUST got his ltd V signed by jaska, henkka, and roope that bodom werent around.

Just be persistent. If you have say, a record and sharpie in your hand you might get to meet them easier.

"01. Six Pounder
02. Living Dead Beat
03. In Your Face
04. Hate Me!
05. Hellhounds On My Trail
06. Angels Don't Kill
07. Blooddrunk
08. Downfall

and for the fanboys like myself....
alexi was running through a kerry king marshall, boosted with a boss SD-1. i had a good view of the rigs from where i was. there was a rack under it, but i think it was roopes rig."

from my friend at the esp boards

My Gear is officialy labeled fanboi...first the RR24 and now that.:lol: I could guess it though...ive seen it on other places like PttR and Guitar heroes recording session.

where exactly in Cali do you live?

I'm going to the Long Beach show, and it's about an hour from my house.

Awesome vids. Anyone record them playing Downfall?
I found this on YouTube from the show I was at in Louisville. It shows the craziness of the flashing bright-ass lights. The overwhelming bass drum kind of affects the sound of the recording though. The barrier also broke during the show and the crowd got pretty hot.
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZzQLLn7vdCg[/ame]