Gigantour 2008; Megadeth, Children of Bodom, etc. confirmed

last night a went and it was awesome, it was weird the band whom we responded to the most was job for a cowboy, but the song was downfall by COB, it was awesome me and this one dude kept trying to throw is one kid over the rail.lol. and some dude cam in a chicken costume and when COB was playing alexi was like "what the fuck are you wearing" so next time i go to a concert ill have to wear some crazy shit like that so that the band will notics me lol. but all in it was a good show, i left after COB to get a drink and it didnt look like anyone was moshing for in flames so i decided not to get back on the floor....but we moshed so hard for JFACB and COB

Cool, I hope not. I don't want people thinking things like that of the guys or all of us in general. Just the way it was written made it sound that way.

nah,it was a response to Alitiudes' comment, I wouldn't be that mean to cob :loco:

London or Toronto show? I would be going to both, but I don't have enough money for the two. I'll be at the Toronto show.
I'll be at Toronto and Pittsburgh :kickass:cuz i live in the middle of the two.
I heard toronto has a lot of traffic, i want to know how serious it is.

To beat traffic, I would probably drive to Toronto before or after lunch. Traffic starts to get nasty around from 3:30-4:00pm. I'll be at the venue early.

That wasn't aimed at COB, I know that's not what they do, I'm using it in a term for other bands.

In my experience, every band I've met also try hard to keep those 'sluts' AWAY from them.... they really can't stand them at all... I'm not saying they NEVER sleep with a groupie but from what I've seen it's rare (I've only ever seen it hapen once to be honest)... I think Motley Crue just made everyone think every band is made up of sexual deviants. :lol:

In my experience, every band I've met also try hard to keep those 'sluts' AWAY from them.... they really can't stand them at all... I'm not saying they NEVER sleep with a groupie but from what I've seen it's rare (I've only ever seen it hapen once to be honest)... I think Motley Crue just made everyone think every band is made up of sexual deviants. :lol:

And that's a good thing because when you buy tickets (+ cd's etc...) to see a band and that you can have the opportunity to meet them for a few minutes, you don't want to be 'thrown' away because you're not 'easy' enough... I know some girls that don't care much about the music but only try hard to sleep with a rockstar or with his crew. It's none of my business at all but as a fan I hope to have the same attention as every other fan around. (i'm a girl and it's easier especially when some musicians expect that from you but for guys it must be really annoying).

haha yeah....now I feel better:p kidding :p I think singers often get too much attention in a band and well I think that's cuz lyrics are a more understandable thing than notes...more a universal thing maybe ?

Again 9/10 of the pictures have Laiho on it. That's sad.

that pisses me off. COB is a 5 person band, and the media needs to realize this.

actually that photo guy has a thing for singers, at Behemoth, Nergal was the only one he was taking pics of. Maybe there were a few Orions and Seths, but most was Nergal.

Just got back from the perfomance I went to in Maryland.

Bodom played third (order: High On Fire, Job For A Cowboy, Children Of Bodom, In Flames, Megadeth). My friends and I were a little upset since we got there early expecting them to be first (as they were in other concerts according to other people's posts).

Maybe they're better on a CD, but High On Fire and Job For A Cowboy were awful. I've never listened to their stuff before I saw them live, so that probably doesn't help, but it was not fun to listen to :\ I hope I'm not offending any High On Fire or JFAC fans :p

Bodom was fucking amazing tho, even though they only played 6 songs (lol wtf? Songlist in order that I don't remember: Sixpounder, Angels Don't Kill, Hate Me!, Blooddrunk, In Your Face, Downfall). Alexi didn't look drunk at all (much to our surprise) and he played extremely cleanly. We all had a great time :)

For all of you still waiting for the concert near you, they played fantastically, even though they only played 6 songs.

Hah, it was funny seeing the contrast of interest in the bands up til bodom. For High On Fire and Job For A Cowboy, everyone (except the people in the pit) was sitting down because no one cared, and then after JFAC left everyone was standing up shouting BODOM! BODOM! BODOM!

It was pretty awesome. However, they wouldn't let us into the pit (we never found out why). Some bouncer stopped us and pointed to his wrist as if we needed a wristband or something. Does anyone know if there was like a waiver we had to sign or something? We were really miffed that we couldn't get into the pit.