Gigantour 2008; Megadeth, Children of Bodom, etc. confirmed

haha. ours arent greatly enforced. every concert i've gone to theres people smoking weed and no body does shit. and no one cares about moshing either. thats why im a little apprehensive for the gigantour show but i've made it through a lot of intense shows before

BB Kings in New York is more enforced instead of the bigger club Hammerstein Ballroom. Of course moshing was allowed there, but at BB Kings, they even throw you out for dancing.

no, I do appreciate your tips, thank you. and hell yeah, if they're out of line, you gotta show them what's up. but unfortunately I don't have the strength to do that, especially right now. but yeah, I'm a girl, and I weigh fucking 101 lbs so that's never helped me much. I'll def. try to ask a guy for help if anything happens tho. Oh, and how would I keep my diaphragm constantly expanded?

youre welcome!

Yeah i shouldve been more clear about the diaphragm thing, it would be very annoying for a person to keep it expanded the whole time. I use that as a short lived trick when im mashed in between people unable to move and am getting tissue/bone pain from the pressure. It relieves it some.

I do a deep yoga-style breath, filling the bottom of the lungs with stomach expanding first then up into the diaphragm. Then i may hold the diaphragm out and breath only with my stomach for a few breaths. Then if people happen to move off you a little bit cause you suddenly got bigger, you can adjust yourself into a better position so you arent getting quite as owned.

I love how in the first picture roope is headbanging so low his hair is wrapping around the neck of his guitar :D

Gigantour in Montreal yesterday was awesome. No surprises except for in flames. They played Only for the weak and The Jester Race!!!:headbang: Trigger was also in the setlist which was cool since they hadn't played it at all the shows on the tour. Too bad COB only played 8 songs though, the crowd was going crazy during their set. Even the almighty Megadeth did not raise the crowd as much:heh:

Gigantour in Montreal yesterday was awesome. No surprises except for in flames. They played Only for the weak and The Jester Race!!!:headbang: Trigger was also in the setlist which was cool since they hadn't played it at all the shows on the tour. Too bad COB only played 8 songs though, the crowd was going crazy during their set. Even the almighty Megadeth did not raise the crowd as much:heh:

Happy to read that !!!

We got Trigger over here,too.

but.....THE JESTER RACE?!?!?!?!?

Anders is gonna get it when he comes back here:mad:

Amazing concert tonight in Toronto. The fans loved Bodom big time. Before they came out me and my two friends got up as close as we could, and we did get pretty close. And then once Bodom came out, the crowd went fucking insane, some big-ass guy kept pushing me over other people. And other people were falling everywhere, it was a mess.

Then I finally fell down on the concrete, and the only thing I saw was another guy beside me on the ground, screaming "oh shit" as loud as he could, and bodies swaying over me everywhere, I couldn't even see the lights or the ceiling. Then some KIND guy picked me up (twice) as I had no room to get up myself, it was really tight up there. If by some slim chance you're reading this, a HUGE thank you because you definitely saved people from stomping on me. My friend was in the chaos too and the same thing pretty much happened to him. Some guy actually had his ankle broken or fractured as he was lying on the floor for a bit. Afterwards we saw him get taken out in a stretcher. So yeah, pretty damn cool especially for my first concert, but at the time of the intensity, it was pretty damn scary. :lol:

High on Fire and JFAC were both great. JFAC definitely got the crowd warmed up for Bodom. I'm a big In Flames fan and thought they were decent. They just paled in comparison to Bodom. They did play Only for the Weak which was good though. Megadeth put on a great performance as well.

All around great show, Bodom kicked some serious ass. I think the crowd got as intense as it could have. :p

Anyone else that was there (and even better up close for Bodom?) :p

cause most metal heads actually want to appreciate the music

oh for fucks sake have you ever even moshed? raging and moshing and thrashing at death/thrash metal shows is fun as fuck, the rush you get from raging is intense. i can see maybe necrophagist sitting and watching or symphony x but that tour had a lot of straight up death metal bands on it and to have everyone sitting there just chilling is lame.

youre welcome!

Yeah i shouldve been more clear about the diaphragm thing, it would be very annoying for a person to keep it expanded the whole time. I use that as a short lived trick when im mashed in between people unable to move and am getting tissue/bone pain from the pressure. It relieves it some.

I do a deep yoga-style breath, filling the bottom of the lungs with stomach expanding first then up into the diaphragm. Then i may hold the diaphragm out and breath only with my stomach for a few breaths. Then if people happen to move off you a little bit cause you suddenly got bigger, you can adjust yourself into a better position so you arent getting quite as owned.
thanks! I'll definitely try this.

They only played Hellhounds on my Trail and Blooddrunk from the new album. Of course they played Sixpounder, Hate me, and Downfall. They also played Angels Don't Kill and In Your Face and Living Dead Beat. (I'm pretty sure.)

Bodom was INSANE. The pit was brutal, and the whole floor was just going crazy. I didn't bring a camera, because I knew it was going to get nuts and I go in the pits. I have so many bruises from the show. MegaDeth was fuckin awesome! I was surprised they played A Tout Le Monde. What an excellent show. My roomie and I are so bruised from the pits. I didn't pay much attention to Job for a Cowboy or High on Fire, but I went in the pit for JfaC, and it was pretty intense.

However, I hate GO Transit. The lady told us there was a bus from the ArrowHall to Union and there wasn't, so we had to navigate city transit to Union, and when we got there it was fuckin closed. We were lucky to catch the last bus from Union to Oshawa, or we would've been chilling in Toronto all night.

I also got to meet Joe. :D That was pretty sweeet.

All in all, it was a fuckin GREAT show.

Man. Sweet jesus. Awesome show. Sound was a bit sub-par, but that's what you get for playing in a massive arena with steel walls and a concrete floor. :D

I hadn't heard any High on Fire before, but they were pretty good, I liked them. Songs seemed to drag on, but it was really enjoyable.

Job For A Cowboy... I was in the pit during they're entire set. The crowd was intense. I was unfamiliar with their new material, but they did play a couple songs from their Doom EP; Entombment of a Machine and Knee Deep, so it was awesome.

Bodom was awesome, as usual. The crowd got really intense when Bodom came out, I was in the full brunt of the pit for all of their set. I could hear them just fine, and I could catch quick glimpses every couple of seconds, so I was happy. I'm still pretty sore though.

The setlist for Bodom, as far as I remember, was as follows:
  • Sixpounder
  • Living Dead Beat
  • In Your Face
  • Hate Me
  • Hellhounds on my Trail
  • Angels Don't Kill
  • Blooddrunk
  • Downfall

My only complaint, was that everything sounded like it was pitch-shifted up slightly. Alexi sounded like he had helium-voice, the backing music sounded ever-so-slightly higher-pitch than usual. Although it still sounded pretty awesome, I've been waiting to see Bodom for two years, so it made my night.

In Flames, well, I had went to the side wall of the arena and talked to people, so I couldn't really pay all that much attention. I do know that they put on a good show though, everybody was throwing lighters and cellphones into the air when Anders told them to, everyone was clapping. They were definitely the most melodic of the evening.

It was awesome though, because he'd crack a couple jokes inbetween songs. Anders had told all the chicks to raise the horns, and all of a sudden he pointed to one guy in the audience and said "You're not a chick," and something along the lines of "It'd take a lot for me to even go near that, haha." They definitely had their showmanship down-pat. :lol:

I couldn't stay for all of Megadeth's set, I had to leave around six songs in, sadly; so we could get back to the hotel before the rush of people went to leave to their cars. But I got to hear my favorite song out of the albums I've heard, Take No Prisoners, so it was decent. They played a couple newer songs, such as Washington's Next (which I enjoyed immensely, by the way), so it was pretty much an adventure for me.

All in all, it was a really awesome, really rambunctious night. My favorite of the night was Bodom, but Job for a Cowboy had a lot of energy to them, and Megadeth put on a really amazing show, from the few songs I had saw them play. I enjoyed myself alot, and I will more than likely go to the next Gigantour.