Gigantour 2008; Megadeth, Children of Bodom, etc. confirmed

LOL at the giant domino effect pit of doom and everyone falling over 30 seconds into the first song

I dunno how I managed to stay standing through the whole thing; my shoes had suddenly become untied about two songs into JFAC's set, and I couldn't re-tie them until I got out of the crowd, after Bodom had finished. :lol:

I dunno how I managed to stay standing through the whole thing; my shoes had suddenly become untied about two songs into JFAC's set, and I couldn't re-tie them until I got out of the crowd, after Bodom had finished. :lol:

I didn't I got knocked over and was sandwiched between a million people and no one could stand up because the pileup was so huge.

Man. Sweet jesus. Awesome show. Sound was a bit sub-par, but that's what you get for playing in a massive arena with steel walls and a concrete floor. :D

I hadn't heard any High on Fire before, but they were pretty good, I liked them. Songs seemed to drag on, but it was really enjoyable.

Job For A Cowboy... I was in the pit during they're entire set. The crowd was intense. I was unfamiliar with their new material, but they did play a couple songs from their Doom EP; Entombment of a Machine and Knee Deep, so it was awesome.

Bodom was awesome, as usual. The crowd got really intense when Bodom came out, I was in the full brunt of the pit for all of their set. I could hear them just fine, and I could catch quick glimpses every couple of seconds, so I was happy. I'm still pretty sore though.

The setlist for Bodom, as far as I remember, was as follows:
  • Sixpounder
  • Living Dead Beat
  • In Your Face
  • Hate Me
  • Hellhounds on my Trail
  • Angels Don't Kill
  • Blooddrunk
  • Downfall

My only complaint, was that everything sounded like it was pitch-shifted up slightly. Alexi sounded like he had helium-voice, the backing music sounded ever-so-slightly higher-pitch than usual. Although it still sounded pretty awesome, I've been waiting to see Bodom for two years, so it made my night.

In Flames, well, I had went to the side wall of the arena and talked to people, so I couldn't really pay all that much attention. I do know that they put on a good show though, everybody was throwing lighters and cellphones into the air when Anders told them to, everyone was clapping. They were definitely the most melodic of the evening.

It was awesome though, because he'd crack a couple jokes inbetween songs. Anders had told all the chicks to raise the horns, and all of a sudden he pointed to one guy in the audience and said "You're not a chick," and something along the lines of "It'd take a lot for me to even go near that, haha." They definitely had their showmanship down-pat. :lol:

I couldn't stay for all of Megadeth's set, I had to leave around six songs in, sadly; so we could get back to the hotel before the rush of people went to leave to their cars. But I got to hear my favorite song out of the albums I've heard, Take No Prisoners, so it was decent. They played a couple newer songs, such as Washington's Next (which I enjoyed immensely, by the way), so it was pretty much an adventure for me.

All in all, it was a really awesome, really rambunctious night. My favorite of the night was Bodom, but Job for a Cowboy had a lot of energy to them, and Megadeth put on a really amazing show, from the few songs I had saw them play. I enjoyed myself alot, and I will more than likely go to the next Gigantour.

how was broderick?

My only complaint, was that everything sounded like it was pitch-shifted up slightly. Alexi sounded like he had helium-voice, the backing music sounded ever-so-slightly higher-pitch than usual. Although it still sounded pretty awesome, I've been waiting to see Bodom for two years, so it made my night.

I didn't notice that at all, in fact I think compared to the last two times I saw them in December, they played infinitely better, Alexi was playing really clean, he wasn't sick and puking on stage, it was really great, the vocals were really improved too, I guess the year or so break really helped. But March '06 was still the best show they played that I've seen. But they're headed in a great direction, can't wait till they're back to headline!

Megadeth owned too, really great, but their set flew by just like Bodom, felt so short... I missed all of In Flames except for the first few songs, I disappeared after Only for the Weak :lol:

how was broderick?

He was pretty decent, at least during the few songs I was there. He played well, and he looked to be having fun as well. He'd walk around in circles onstage with Lomenzo, and smiled a lot.

I didn't notice that at all, in fact I think compared to the last two times I saw them in December, they played infinitely better, Alexi was playing really clean, he wasn't sick and puking on stage, it was really great, the vocals were really improved too, I guess the year or so break really helped.

Well, it was the most noticable in-between songs. When Alexi would ask if everyone was having fun and all that shit, that's when I noticed that Alexi sounded like he'd inhaled a bit of helium.

I could be dead-wrong, but that's what it sounded like to me.

Well, it was the most noticable in-between songs. When Alexi would ask if everyone was having fun and all that shit, that's when I noticed that Alexi sounded like he'd inhaled a bit of helium.

I could be dead-wrong, but that's what it sounded like to me.

Depends on where you are too, don't forget, different areas in the venue give different sound mixes, sometimes when you're up front you can't hear barely any vocals whereas if you were at the back you could hear them fine. I was on the actual stage on the left side and everything sounded great to me so I don't know.

So Allu doesn't need to join Helium Anonymous after all...?

It wasn't really funny the first time my dear but here's a trophy anyways for trying :loco:

pewter_trophy_lrg.jpg

actualy I agree with what some other guy said here, and its been consistent at most concerts I go to, the mic makes the vocalist sound much higher pitched when they talk. Why is this?

I was going to, but I'm way too busy.

Plus it's sold out :cry:
you're farther from Millvale than i am! I have never travelled this far to see a band perform before(from buffalo to millvale), i've already seen them in toronto a few days ago. I still think 3 hours and 40 minutes is already a long way. :rolleyes:

you're farther from Millvale than i am! I have never travelled this far to see a band perform before(from buffalo to millvale), i've already seen them in toronto a few days ago. I still think 3 hours and 40 minutes is already a long way. :rolleyes:

yeah, I went there in 06 to see In Flames, it's a nice place, church basement.

who's going to mr smalls at millvale PA tomorrow? i know it's off-gigantour so i expect they do more :D

BrightKelly,

you'll really enjoy the show! I've gone to several concerts @ Mr. Smalls (I'm a student at the University of Pittsburgh)... and I can't believe Bodom is coming! It's a pretty small venue, probably a max of 250 people. The stage isn't set up too high.. so you get an awesome view! I saw them tonight in Cleveland for the Gigantour..

I must say, I think Alexi was a little drunk. He threw up on stage after "Next in Line" and he also threw his Black/Yellow ESP across the stage the end of another song.. I was in disbelief.. I thought it was going to snap in half. Luckily it didn't!! AWESOME PERFORMANCE!!!