Gigantour 2008; Megadeth, Children of Bodom, etc. confirmed

the pittsburgh show was awesome, i went all the way for it, although i feel down since i have a cold and cant speak. after i finished seeing the show, i went to a motel and did my take-home question for the exam on the next day. now im hungry but dont wanna go out. its my first time in pittsburgh, there are many hills here!!! and the roads seem old and confusing, especially in the ally

Just back from the headline show in Pittsburgh and it was great. Setlist was the same as the standard gigantour list PLUS: (in no particular order,pardon if I forgot one)

Hatecrew Deathroll
Tie My Rope
Bodom After Midnight
Mask of Sanity
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Needled 24/7

Woah, awesome.

Just back from the headline show in Pittsburgh and it was great. Setlist was the same as the standard gigantour list PLUS: (in no particular order,pardon if I forgot one)

Hatecrew Deathroll
Tie My Rope
Bodom After Midnight
Mask of Sanity
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Needled 24/7

Best part is Opeth off date headlines here at same venue next week and penguins are in the conference finals. Pittsburgh doesn't suck so bad after all.

Goddamnit. :lol:

Sounds like an awesome show.

Cleveland Show (May 4)..

The show was very, very entertaining. I've never seen Bodom live.. and it was really worth the wait. When I got there, I noticed Roope signing some autographs and taking a few pictures with fans. I got to shake his hand and give him a little encouragement before the show! Anyways.. I thought Job for a Cowboy was OK.. Their instrumentals are pretty good.. but the singer has got to go. I couldn't understand 1 word he said in 30 minutes and it just sounded like non-stop screaming. It was almost too overbearing sometimes with the instrumentals..

Bodom was absolutely incredible! I've been waiting about a year to see them live (and I get to see them tomorrow as well)! Jaska, Henkka and Roope take playing very seriously and give it their all... Alexi I think was a little drunk.. He puked on stage after Next in Line (3rd song).. and he also tossed his Yellow/Black ESP across stage at the end of another song. I have no idea how the trust rod didn't break in half or the head didn't come flying off. He also attempted a 2nd guitar "fling" around his shoulder with the Yellow/Black ESP and banged the head of the guitar off the floor. Haha.. But his performance was absolutely amazing. He did get a little bit of a higher pitch than I expected.. but his playing was flawless. Janne managed to kill 3 bottled beers during the set and was drinking more alcohol (I presume) out of a cup! He was also really good to listen to though.. nailed everything he played. I must say, his idea of a "beer holder" on his Keyboard stand is absolutely genious!! If anyone else is going to see them @ Gigantour.. I saw a setlist up above.. and they played the exact same songs that I saw.. with Sixpounder being the first.

In Flames was absolutely amazing.. I was very, very impressed by them. I own 2 of their CD's and was never a huge fan until seeing them live. They are very melodic and sound much, much better in real life (especially the singer). They put on an incredible show and their lead guitarist played some very good solo's. Make sure you see in Flames if you go!

As for Megadeth, I must say I was disappointed. They played 4 songs from the Rust in Peace album, which I'm a huge fan of. All of the other songs I just wasn't very impressed with. Mustaine is an absolutely genious on guitar.. but when him and the lead weren't synced up or playing octaves.. their riffs almost seemed to muddy each other and you couldn't hear the guitars clearly. The bass guitar and bass drum was excessively loud and seemed to overpower the guitars. Also, their new stuff just didn't impress me. The lead guitarist solos through a limited amount of scales and plays very vertically.. doesn't seem to use much of the neck. The speed is also very monotonous.. no tempo changes. It got boring after a while listening to the solo's. I was a bit disappointed because they are absolutely amazing on guitar.. but the sound just got boring and repetitive after an hour. I'm glad I got to see Dave live though!

I hope everyone who gets to see Gigantour really enjoys the experience... It was definately worth going and I wouldn't miss this lineup!!!!

I was at the Cleveland show too... I have to say I agree with you for the most part, but I don't remember Alexi puking. I must have missed the autographs too.
In Flames redeemed themselves with me because I saw them last year at the Agora and they were terrible. They were awesome at Gigantour and out played everyone.
Megadeath was shit - you couldn't hear the vocals at all.
Job for a Cowboy was ok - you just have to really enjoy straight death metal.

A few badly photographed pics...
Gigantour013.jpg

Gigantour015.jpg

Gigantour029.jpg

Gigantour027.jpg

What is the deal with the puking? He did it in PIT during Blooddrunk I think. I was pretty close and he started with this very sickly expression all the while shredding away on the guitar. Kind of reminded me of the Etrade commercial with the baby talking stocks behind the computer screen and then bam. Puked a little on stage and then exited asap for a minute during the song and returned in time to resume the vocals. I seriously hope the guy is ok, that's just not good for a body to go through every day. Also, he appeared stone cold sober the entire night FWIW.

I was at the Cleveland show too... I have to say I agree with you for the most part, but I don't remember Alexi puking. I must have missed the autographs too.
In Flames redeemed themselves with me because I saw them last year at the Agora and they were terrible. They were awesome at Gigantour and out played everyone.
Megadeath was shit - you couldn't hear the vocals at all.
Job for a Cowboy was ok - you just have to really enjoy straight death metal.

It looks like you were in Section 2 (Middle).. I was in Section 3 on the right.. and it was after In Your Face he went over to stage right (our left) and was leaning over for a minute.. That's why there was a delay before Hate Me. I just happened to have the perfect view of it.

What is the deal with the puking?

From Finnish radio interview that Zirco and Celeb translated about year ago.
Jaska: The guy needs to start eating better. Always on tour we tend to make him eat, and then he complains that nothing stays in and his stomach is really weird and in bad condition and then he keeps throwing up on stage cause he hasn't eaten anything. And after the gig he starts to drink.
Jaska:…and then he is wondering why his stomach doesn’t endure touring. And every single time when he starts to complain about it, we others are like, now some mash and meatballs to the mouth and quick.
I: Now you have a chance to answer for this and tell why you’re not a fan of the food during tours?
A: Well…there is lot’s of reasons. Sometimes it’s just that there just isn’t really anything anywhere. In a way before a gig I don’t really bother to eat too much that I wouldn’t be just some fucking helpless, pitiful ball who is just rolling on the stage, like I think you can’t really eat so much before the gig and then again after gig if you start to drink, well you’re not so interested in eating. Everything what Jaska says is true, that of course I have been sometimes in a bit miserable condition because of it, but…well, this is a good example for taking care of each other. I do listen them, if somebody then them.

From Finnish radio interview that Zirco and Celeb translated about year ago.

do you think maybe he has an eating disorder?
because according to the translation, he said "some fucking helpless, pitiful ball who is just rolling on the stage"

--from that it sounds like he doesn't wanna look fat or something...

^ I don't know if he has eating disorders. He seems to have a body that doesn't gain a lot of weight (but I can be wrong !). But yes it's interesting... What he said make me laugh, he exagerate a bit I think:lol:.

The only thing I can say is that also have a lot of troubles with my stomach and
when I don't eat well or drink a lot and puke after that my stomach takes a LOT of time to recover. So I can understand he doesn't want to eat much cause his stomach has become lazy. Mine is better now but I remember fainting a lot and being very tired after a meal etc... But he seriously needs to do something about it...

Well being that it was my 5th time seeing Bodom in Chicago their Gigantour performance last night was horrible....Alexi looked like death on the stage probably from being sick. They had no energy on stage...and it just sucked really bad because I went to the show mainly to see them. He really didn't talk to much at all during his set and I dont even think he drank one beer while playing through the whole set. Everyone else in the band seemed fine but Alexi just wasn't all there...A real letdown if you ask me, I just hope next time they come back to Chicago they give us a real show for our money not a poor set like what just happened. Megadeth on the other hand really stole the whole show, I didn't stay through their whole set but Mustaine's vocals weren't loud until a few songs in probably some technical difficulties. But their set seemed solid from what I saw...In Flames wasn't too bad but not what they were when I saw them a few years back in 03. Anywho I think Bodom needs to make it up to Chicago Fans and bring back a tour with energy and a real setlist!

@ ReapersCOB: it's a pity you felt let down by Bodom, but remember that Alexi's only human; he was maybe not well and just couldn't
give 100%, but shit happens; I don't think he'd deliberately give a second rate performance; he was probably as pissed off about it as
you were!

Well being that it was my 5th time seeing Bodom in Chicago their Gigantour performance last night was horrible....Alexi looked like death on the stage probably from being sick. They had no energy on stage...and it just sucked really bad because I went to the show mainly to see them. He really didn't talk to much at all during his set and I dont even think he drank one beer while playing through the whole set. Everyone else in the band seemed fine but Alexi just wasn't all there...A real letdown if you ask me, I just hope next time they come back to Chicago they give us a real show for our money not a poor set like what just happened. Megadeth on the other hand really stole the whole show, I didn't stay through their whole set but Mustaine's vocals weren't loud until a few songs in probably some technical difficulties. But their set seemed solid from what I saw...In Flames wasn't too bad but not what they were when I saw them a few years back in 03. Anywho I think Bodom needs to make it up to Chicago Fans and bring back a tour with energy and a real setlist!

The ones that have seen Bodom more than once are more likely to realize how much they have gone down hill in terms of musical integrity and their live shows so I take your words to heart. It really sucks to hear about them still perfroming poorly...last time I saw them was on the Unholy Alliance tour and I practically gave up on Bodom after that. Still will be at the Long beach Arena show on the 21st...and yeah, there's definitely good reason why Megadeth is headlining don't you think? ;) Mustaine is king!

COB was awesome in Chicago on the Unholy Alliance Tour I heard I saw the last song by the time I got there seemed good. But their best performance I have seen was on the Are you dead yet tour. They had a huge setlist of old and new the energy was flying and the crowd was sooo into it. I dont doubt that Alexi was probably sick and upset by the whole ordeal I am just saying that being I have seen them soo many times this time around they looked like cardboard cutouts on the stage with no energy. I will admit they played Hellhounds on my trail pretty fucking good though that was about it. I just hope they dont keep up this trend of what happened cause on youtube videos of Gigantour 2008 there are some awesome Bodom performances and if you saw a video of what they looked like in Chicago compared to what I have seen in Louisville and other places its like fire and ice pretty much. But I have faith in Bodom and I love the band i wont give up on em but I will be upset when they play like shit compared to what I seen a year and a half ago. Maybe Laiho should lay off the booze for a month and get his stomache back together or something.

can anyone give a rough idea of the set times and things like that? basically i decided i am going to go but i'm getting a ride with someone and it takes an hour to get there so i'll probably have to leave by 10. if the show starts at 530, how much of the show will i be able to catch? will i be able to see megadeth?

^If you leave at 10 you're gonna miss most of megadeth...It goes somethng like this:
5:30 - 6:00 High On Fire
6:20 - 6:50 Job For A Cowboy
7:10 - 7:50 Children Of Bodom
8:10 - 9:00 In Flames
9:30 - 11:00 Megadeth