Gigantour DVD info -courtesy of blabbermouth

WhoFooldU

Fool for a Lifetime
Apr 3, 2002
Harrisonburg, VA
Visit site
Image Entertainment has set a September 5, 2006 release date for the "Gigantour" two-disc DVD, featuring highlights from the tour's inaugural run which took place last summer.

Gigantour kicked-off on July 21, 2005 in Fresno, California, and hit 39 cities in the U.S. and Canada before ending on September 11, 2005 in Portland, Oregon. The tour was a seven-week festival trek co-headlined by MEGADETH and DREAM THEATER, featuring ANTHRAX, FEAR FACTORY, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, NEVERMORE, LIFE OF AGONY, SYMPHONY X, DRY KILL LOGIC and BOBAFLEX. Several of the bands performed only at specified cities on the schedule. The tour was the brainchild of MEGADETH frontman/guitarist Dave Mustaine, who handpicked the bands for the tour.

The "Gigantour" DVD will contain the following performance footage:

MEGADETH - "She Wolf"
MEGADETH - "A Tout le Monde"
MEGADETH - "Kick the Chair"
DREAM THEATER - "Glass Prison"
DREAM THEATER - "Panic Attack"
FEAR FACTORY - "Transgression"
FEAR FACTORY - "Archetype"
NEVERMORE - "Born"
NEVERMORE - "Enemies of Reality"
LIFE OF AGONY - "Love to Let You Down"
LIFE OF AGONY - "Day He Died"
SYMPHONY X - "Inferno"
SYMPHONY X - "Of Sins and Shadows"
BOBAFLEX - "Better Than Me"
DRY KILL LOGIC - "Paper Tiger"
DRY KILL LOGIC - "Lost"

Plus a special bonus disc containing "all the offstage action":

* Find out why the bands feel Gigantour is so special
* Pyrotechnics
* Moshing with FEAR FACTORY
* Life on a Bus
* Tour Management
* Pranks
* Cover Songs
* Backstage Footage
* Birthdays

At least one of the cover songs is speculated to be the "Cemetery Gates" (PANTERA) tribute to late PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott recorded on August 2, 2005 in Dallas, Texas. The birthday feature is speculated to be a performance by ANTHRAX for Dave Mustaine's birthday. Former MEGADETH bassist James MacDonough wrote on the band's web site at the time, "ANTHRAX came into our dressing room and jammed on the practice gear. They played an old song for Dave's birthday, they seriously jammed hard. I was so stunned that I didn't even pick up my camera but the documentry people caught it." The birthday footage may also be many of the bands and crew members pouring onstage to sing "Back in the Day" with MEGADETH on September 11, 2005. NEVERMORE singer Warrel Dane wrote about this show at the time, "The last show tonight was the highlight for me, getting to go onstage with Dave and the boys and sing 'Back in the Day'. I feel like I've come full circle since the SANCTUARY days on tour with MEGADETH for the 'So Far So Good...So What' tour, and Dave really looked surprised when everyone poured onstage to sing him 'Happy Birthday!" The documentary footage was directed by Michael Sarna ("Of Mice and Men"). It is unknown if THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN (who dropped off the tour early due to an injury) or ANTHRAX (who only played select shows towards the end of the tour) will have any live footage shown in the "Special Features" portion of the DVD.

An own DVD would be way better than this, for me at least.

There's only three songs on that DVD that interest me.

^^ subzero? :lol:

I was really hoping for DT's Jones Beach performance of Home. The bonus material interests me more than the actual performances they decided to add.

soundgarden said:
^^ subzero? :lol:

I was really hoping for DT's Jones Beach performance of Home. The bonus material interests me more than the actual performances they decided to add.
I can't remember. Did Mike Portnoy do his drum solo in the middle of Home? Becase if he didn't, then fuck that. Put the drum solo on!

(I still can't believe I missed the first 10 minutes of Glass Prison.)

Ptah Khnemu said:
I can't remember. Did Mike Portnoy do his drum solo in the middle of Home? Becase if he didn't, then fuck that. Put the drum solo on!

(I still can't believe I missed the first 10 minutes of Glass Prison.)
I only started liking DT as of late, so when I saw em at the Gigantour I went to the bathroom/ate some food during their set. I bet if I would have liked DT at the time I would have crapped myself during their set instead of doing whatever to pass the time 'till Megadave.

I know this might be off topic slightly, but during Gigantour did anyone see that faggot band Bobaflex. They had the gayest stage antics ever, literally. Omg that was a complete waste of my time. At my Gigantour, Symphony X was the only band that got an encore on second stage, which was cool.