glam metal!

I'm kinda surprised at the praise towards glam here idk I thought this would be a site where everyone hate it and made retarded troll jokes. Anyway I don't think I've seen any mention of W.A.S.P and their masterpiece The Crimson Idol.

One band who gets overlooked that I really like is the Japanese band Vow Wow formerly known as Bow wow. They had a damn good vocalist and some pretty solid albums. I would suggest starting off with Beat of metal motion and just go in order from there. Also check out some of there stuff as Bow wow they had an inferior singer during that era but Warning from Stardust is a monster of an album.

I'm kinda surprised at the praise towards glam here idk I thought this would be a site where everyone hate it and made retarded troll jokes.

Glam has been part of this forum since the very beginning. We want to welcome every old school genre here and that includes glam.

Therefore we have some strict rules when it comes to trolling, personal attacks and hateful comments. I case you have not read this:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/old-school/192052-everyone-read-before-posting-forum.html

Post on! :)

Great to see Hardcore Superstar getting some mentions on here although (and correct me if I'm wrong as it's getting late) I'm sure they were mentioned as a new band?? It must be at least 10 years since I first saw them so to me they don't count aas new. Haven't seen any mentions of Tuff in the thread so I will throw them in as one of my all time faves who have definitely still got it! If you happen to be free and in the U.K. they are on tour here for the next few days get out and catch them!!!
On the Tesla point all I can say is awesome band great songs but not glam.
StOp sToP are a band I have been recommended but haven't checked out yet might interest some of you glammies xx

I guess you´re referring to Stop Stop from Barcelona (Spain) isn´t it? I saw them a couple of times. They´re funny but musically speaking I don´t think they´re overwhelming, just OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDSfW29FCIY

Glam has been part of this forum since the very beginning. We want to welcome every old school genre here and that includes glam.

Therefore we have some strict rules when it comes to trolling, personal attacks and hateful comments. I case you have not read this:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/old-school/192052-everyone-read-before-posting-forum.html

Post on! :)

Yeah I see that I'm just not used to a polite forum. I tried the metal archives but Jesus they're too damn strict for me.

This place seems near perfect for me. Its just really slow but still better than most forums I've been too.:D

Hawk is the other mod. He's the good one, and I'm the bad one. BTW, the reason I post a lot is

a) to keep the place a bit alive in the social network era :yuk:
b) because I'm a postwhore :tickled:

Hawk is the other mod. He's the good one, and I'm the bad one. BTW, the reason I post a lot is

a) to keep the place a bit alive in the social network era :yuk:
b) because I'm a postwhore :tickled:

Yes it would be nice to see this place liven up a bit :p At least no mod has locked any of my topics for being the stupidest topic he has ever seen. ( Ultimate guitar )

Yes it would be nice to see this place liven up a bit :p At least no mod has locked any of my topics for being the stupidest topic he has ever seen. ( Ultimate guitar )

Only reason a post is lock or deleted is by infringement of the rules. Otherwise is very easy going :D

It started out pretty cool.

Hanoi rocks had some awesome stuff. (Even though they had punk elements as well).

Early-ish Motley crue were pure badass.

My favourite glam band is definatelly Ratt. Their first two albums are masterpieces. Crosby and Demartini was a killer duo and Pearcy's voice was amazing back then.

Wasp, Quiet riot and Twisted sister are among my favourite bands, but I don't consider them glam.

The second wave (called "hair metal") gave the genre a "bad name" in my opinion. They had more pop elements than actual metal, and they paid more attention to appearance than music. I don't like pretty much anything from the second wave, with the exception of some songs. Having said that, the first album of skid row was killer, but then again I don't consider them glam.

About Steel panther, they are a comedy band, and I only like very few of their songs. Although their shows are funny as hell, and I would go see them every time I had the chance.

I love 80' metal, but I hate glam.
Just I don't like so commercial, soft bands with so shallow lyrics and with so unmetal, effeminate image and sometimes with synthesizers and keybords, its very affected.

I prefer solid, authentic metal music, without bizarre colorful image, just with denim & leather image:
traditional heavy metal bands ( especially from first half of 80's),like Judas Priest, Saxon, Motorhead, Tank, Iron Maiden, Battleaxe, Jaguar ( NWOBHM rules ), Accept, Steeler (german), Killer, H-Bomb, japanese Loudness.
and thrash metal (especially from second half of 80's), like Slayer, Exodus, Overkill, Whiplash, Sacred Reich, Onslaught, Kreator, Destruction, Sodom.

I listen also to first wave black metal (Bathory, Celtic Frost), early death metal, crossover, but i to avoid glam music.

by the way, how come noone mentioned Stryper so far? The music's rather more than decent, and the lyrics add another dimension of hilariousity.

Lyrics aside, Stryper's music is AWESOME. They were certainly one of the best "Glam" metal bands from the 80s. The duel lead work from Oz and Sweet is fantastic.

Have you heard their new record No More Hell to Pay? It might just be the best of their career! Old school, and very heavy. Plus, Michael Sweet's voice still sounds great.

I love 80' metal, but I hate glam.
Just I don't like so commercial, soft bands with so shallow lyrics and with so unmetal, effeminate image and sometimes with synthesizers and keybords, its very affected.

There was a lot of shallow radio friendly lyrics in the glam genre but if you look past the hits there was some very solid penmanship by the artists of the day too. Of course 80s glam is my thing so I'll defend even the radio friendly good fun stuff too :)