GMD Poll: Top 10 Metal Albums of 1995

this wins the special category of most hilariously literal cover art of 1995:
BloodFF1.jpg

Hahahaha. Good ol' Ezra Cobb.

1. Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
2. Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side
3. Abigor - Nacthymnen (From the Twilight Kingdom)
4. Symphony X - The Damnation Game
5. Death - Symbolic
6. Necromantia - Scarlet Evil Witching Black
7. Mütiilation - Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
8. Saint Vitus - Die Healing
9. Ulver - Bergtatt
10. Virgin Steele - The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Pt. II

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Darkthrone - Panzerfaust (Easily in my top 20)
Dark Tranquility - The Gallery (Another one of my top 20 and one of the best melodic death metal releases of all time)
Graveland - Thousand Swords (Great album)
Opeth - Orchid (Somewhat unrefined compared to their later albums but still has excellent instrumentation and palpable atmosphere)
Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
Summoning - Minas Morgul (To this day, one of the best LotR-inspired things in this entire genre)
Yngwie Malmsteen - Magnum Opus (Pure shredding badassery that goes straight for the jugular and I love it)

Surprised to see no Grave Digger or Gamma Ray.

Revelation - ...Yet So Far
Ulver - Bergtatt: Et eeventyr i 5 capitler
Dissection -Storm of the Light's Bane
Nåstrond - Toteslaut
While Heavent Wept - Lovesongs of the Forsaken
In the Woods... - HEart of the Ages
Necromantia - Scarlet Evil Witching Black
Saint Vitus - Die Healing
Arckanum - Fran Marder (only just heard this, thanks Slayedddddd)
Abigor - Nachthhymen (likewise)

The same cover art was used for Yet So Far and Usurper - Diabolosis haha

I forgot Slayed Necros' old username with the Onyx logo on it, what the hell was it man?

Did Electric Wizard's debut come out in 94 or 95? The CD is dated Jan 95 on Encyclopaedia Metallum and I'm not seeing any convincing sources on when the vinyl came out. But then again, releasing on vinyl first seems like something EW would do.

I see what Bloopy means, a few places mention the vinyl was released in 94 but there's no date, some places mention February after the cd release.

The first press vinyl on discogs doesn't have a year on it in the pics so it's probably one of those metal fibs.
Can at least see '©1994' on the 2006 reissue, but I often see Discogs taking the © year as if it was a release date, when it's probably just when it was pressed. I'm inclined to stick with 95 given the CD and LP were on the same label.