oliver magnum – s/t
fates warning – perfect symmetry
dorsal atlantica – searching for the light
disciples of power – powertrap
cloven hoof – a sultan’s ransom
sarcofago – rotting
terrorizer – world downfall
the krixhjalters – evilution

tricky year to rank 'cause there are a lot of uneven albums with amazing peaks. definitely one of the more fun, diverse years we've done though.

Depending on context that may or may not be permissible. Outside of this thread the phrase has apparently never been used even once on this forum, so good job U-M.

Ein used it just the other day in a debate against you and Dak about capitalism lmao.

Anyways I was just teasing NCFOW because he's used the phrase a few times in his RYM reviews (yes I read enough of his reviews to notice).

This round will end this weekend so any laggers get your shit together, I have a free weekend so I will be tallying up this abomination at that time and not after.

We didn't do them, I didn't include them because I'm not really sure how down people are for them. 2018 I included because we started it but never finished.

Top 20 for the 70s would be ideal. There's already some understanding in these threads that albums may fit even if they only have a heavy metal tag as secondary on RYM or something like that. Add the bands that are on Encyclopaedia Metallum as 'selected exceptions', but the definition doesn't need to be loosened much beyond that. Endless pages of arguing is half the fun though!

Reactions: jimmy101 and CiG
If we were to do that I'd be lobbying hard for a bit of Blue Oyster Cult action ;-)

Transmaniacon MC, Cities on Flame with Rock n Roll, 7 Screaming Diz-Busters & Harvester of Eyes are all pretty damn heavy tracks.