GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1994

Didn't realize Procreation of the Inner Temple was a '94 album. RYM says '95, but M-A says '94. I guess M-A is more reliable?

@Vegard Pompey the chasm obviously (edit: yeah MA is more reliable, discogs is even more reliable than that i guess). there's oxiplegatz, solstice, dawn. MYSTERIA MYSTICA ZOFIRIANA by necromass (you gave them a 9 in the mixtape game). i could see you liking NON SERVIAM by rotting christ and ALL THE WITCHES DANCE by mortuary drape, perhaps. try the ved buens ende EP too. kind of a shitty time for trad metal unfortunately.

idk that you'd like gorement personally given that it's euro atmodeath stuff, but ynever know.

Bolt Thrower - ...For Victory
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Soundgarden - Superunknown
In Flames - Subterranean/Lunar Strain
Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance
Pride & Glory - Pride & Glory
Dawn - Nær Sólen Gar Niþer For Evogher
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Bruce Dickinson - Balls to Picasso
Amorphis - Tales from a Thousand Lakes

Not the greatest year. A lot of albums I like, but few that I love, even on this list.

Are you a fan of that Exmortus album? Thought for sure it'd be something a modernphobic hipster would hate.

Faggot of the Contrary
1118.gif

Reactions: CiG

See

Well said, I'm not against a clean production, in Metal and Punk I'm yet to come across an example of clean production that I like sure, but other genres do benefit from it.

All these modern thrash bands you guys are arguing about are okay. Nothing mind-blowing or great or whatever.

You can absolutely tell if something is going to suck just going by descriptions/band photos/album art/logo but mistakes can be made, I thought Exmortus for the most part had killer album covers but I didn't like the music.

Maybe you're right since "modern" Thrash has next to no standards, bands like Bonded By Blood, Evile, Warbringer and Fueled By Fire are jizzed over constantly. I'd take Exmortus over all of them, but is that really saying a lot?

How does that make me modernphobic?

Also just to make this hilariously ironic:

All these modern thrash bands you guys are arguing about are okay. Nothing mind-blowing or great or whatever.
aka 99.99% of metal post-1994.
I could spam-post examples proving this wrong (as could everybody else here who isn't you/autistic) but there's probably no point.

You're such a modernphobic faggot. :rofl:

Last edited:
Nice try what? All I did was express surprise that you're now an Exmortus fan and ever since you've been crying and on the defensive.

No you used modernphobic as a derogatory term and then when I demonstrated that you think 99% of metal sucks post-1994 (a severely retarded view) you are now trying in your typical slimy way to slither out of being exposed. lmao.

You're a hack.

I also haven't said I'm an Exmortus fan, I haven't listened to them since 2015 when I first made that comment, I was just calling you a faggot of the contrary.

If 2014 comes around next it would be a good excuse to check them out again.