GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1994

Really? C&C was released september 95, Warcraft II december 95. Red Alert was a year later in november 96.
Yes Warcraft came out first, then C&C about a year later .... Warcraft 2 was released then came Red Alert about a year later. Hence C&C trying to compete with Blizzard. Where you not playing during those times?

Warcraft 2 and Red Alert were the two best strategy games of their time

Who here remembers KKnD?

Edit: Age of Empires was pretty cool too

Last edited:
Yes Warcraft came out first, then C&C about a year later .... Warcraft 2 was released then came Red Alert about a year later. Hence C&C trying to compete with Blizzard. Where you not playing during those times?

Warcraft 2 and Red Alert were the two biggest SRPG's of their time

Who here remembers KKnD?
But Warcraft didn't come out first, Dune II did, Warcraft copied lots of stuff from the it. Where you not playing during those times?

But C&C is a direct successor to Dune II so it makes perfectly sense to compare the original (Dune II) to the other original (Warcraft) and the successor (C&C) to the other successor (Warcraft II). That's why I mentioned those games in my original post...

But C&C is an direct successor to Dune II so it makes perfectly sense to compare the original (Dune II) to the other original (Warcraft) and the successor (C&C) to the other successor (Warcraft II). That's why I mentioned those games in my original post...
it borrowed parts of the gameplay from Dune 2 and is set in a completely different world. It was not a direct successor and is not a part of the Dune canon.

it borrowed parts of the gameplay from Dune 2 and is set in a completely different world. It was not a direct successor and is not a part of the Dune canon.
"Parts of gameplay" <-understatement of the year. The same company makes a game that pretty much functions exatly the same but is set in another universe is not a successor? You don't see Starcraft as a successor in any sense to Warcraft either?

"Parts of gameplay" <-understatement of the year. The same company makes a game that pretty much functions exatly the same but is set in another universe is not a successor? You don't see Starcraft as a successor in any sense to Warcraft either?
Dude im asking you again ... are you saying that Red Alert was not the direct competitor to Warcraft 2?

And no i wouldn't call Starcraft a "DIRECT" successor to WARCRAFT since it's not in the same world and is not a part of the Warcraft series. Is Doom the "direct successor" of Wolfenstein 3d just because they were both developed by id?

WoW is better than all of them anyways.
449.gif

Reactions: CiG
@Vilden doom is the "direct successor" to wolfenstein? lmao ridiculous

Anyway, i can link you to thousands of articles that will tell you exactly what i did, but what's the point? Its pretty much a fact that those were the two biggest strategy games that competed with each other from the mid 90's all the way through the early 2000's. Red Alert was C&C's answer to Warcraft 2, that is a fact. This is something that basically everyone who was a fan of strategy games back then will tell you. But its clear to me that you dont know many people who actually played back then, so just google it. All you are doing here is proving that you did not actually play these games in the 90's.