GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1994

I pretty much know what 6 of the albums will be for my list but 7-10 are up in the air. Good shit.

edit: in an exciting twist of events, I am not sure if Pantera will make my list. If it were 1990, Cowboys from Hell would be #1 along with Rust in Peace

Out of the six highest rated albums by my RYM friends, five are black metal and the odd one out is Pentagram who I've always found boring outside their 70s stuff. So yeah it seems like a pretty boring year to me.

Reactions: rms
I've not really bought into this good year shit year dichotomy. Not a single year has disappointed me so far.

Pentagram who I've always found boring outside their 70s stuff.

Be Forewarned is a strong album, definitely making my top 10 at this point. While 70's Pentagram rules, I think their post-70's stuff is the best and I understand that's probably controversial to say but Day of Reckoning and Be Forewarned destroys those compilations.

I haven't listened to Be Forewarned in its entirety before so I will check it out. Not really expecting it to change my mind though

I scrolled through the first few pages of the RYM chart (as sorted by friends' ratings) and it seems there were few albums released this year by bands I'm interested in. But I have a Dawn album and a Dark Quarterer album to check out, at least.

Reactions: CiG