GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that isn't how you really feel. You're just scared and put up a cold wall to protect the vulnerable little Techy inside.

We know that isn't how you really feel. You're just scared and put up a cold wall to protect the vulnerable little Techy inside.
List of in-crowders ....

NoCountry
Vegard Pompey
Slayed Necros
Vilden
HamburgerBoy
MortDivine
Phylactery(probably my favorite along with TOMAS WITHOUT THE H)
ManicTwat

... and a few other fledglings that dont have their feathers yet.

Does this look like a group i would ever want to be a part of?

Either your username isn't the same as what you're using here(which means i had no clue who you were) or you're just lying.

I would never have sent you a friend request(that's if i even did) knowing it was you. But for some reason i keep seeing your face in my facebook "people you may know" list. Stalking much?

2) Close to a World Below by Immolation
In a perfect world your perfect god is a coward just like you!

USER]%20%20Chosen%20by:%20Mort%20Divine%20(
6bdf6c2ea93628d5169e5b0c731636f0.1000x1000x1.jpg

"I listened through the four first Immolation albums just yesterday, and when I came to Close to a World Below it struck me that each new album takes something from the previous records and adds yet another new element. They are pretty much still evolving the sound from their first album, and it's so impressive since they've managed to keep it fresh and interesting for so many records. I can't think of another metal band - let alone death metal band - that has such a long natural evolution of constantly high quality music." - @Blind Guardian

"What the fuck is wrong with you all? Close to a World Below is, like, their weakest album among the first 5." - @Master_Yoda77

"I think it's their heaviest album." - @ProphetofHatred

"I don't understand the hype behind Close to a World Below. It is good, but you fuckers overrate it (per usual)" - @The Ozzman

"Try something newer from Immolation, like Close to a World Below or Unholy Cult. As much as I like the older Immolation, they have really come into a sound that is quite oppressive on these two albums. If you can enjoy stuff like DSO, then I would expect you could appreciate this as well. Maybe you will find it more to your liking than MA.

Immolation does the whirlwind atmosphere like no other band.
" - @EternalMetal

"Close to a World Below is a fantastic album.

I like pretty much all Immolation's albums, I guess, but I don't really listen to them asides that one. It's definitely influenced the way I play guitar. CTAWB is like some scarecrow grim reaper type doing a weird fucking danse macabre with a corpse in each hand, using the two lifeless cunts like rotting fleshy scythes.
"

Chosen by:
crimsonfloyd (#1)
EspaDa (#1)
Dazed and Brutal (#1)
Slayed Necros (#2)
Atomic Tide (#2)
Omni (#3)
ClichéUserName (#3)
Phylactery (#4)

zerostatic (#4)
no country for old wainds (#6)
Sleestaks (#7)
TechnicalBarbarity (#7)
Krow (#9)
Bloopy (#10)

TOTAL POINTS: 94

1) Down Among the Deadmen by The Lord Weird Slough Feg
The red sky has turned to grey to spell out our doom...

USER]%20%20Chosen%20by:%20Mort%20Divine%20(
R-2677715-1414600651-9270.jpeg.jpg

"Down Among The Deadmen is my favourite though most seem to prefer Traveller. Down Among The Deadmen has more of that arcane, celtic songwriting and sound that I enjoy but both are great." - @JontRevolting

"I started with Down Among the Deadmen, and that album is fucking BOSS." - @TechnicalBarbarity

"Down Among the Deadmen is just so damn catchy and fun to sing when drunk, sober or what have. Traveller may technically be a better album considering the amazing riffs and song writing though but I do prefer Down Among and I know that album front to back." - @Funerary_Doom

"I fucking love that album. Psionic Illumination is beautiful." - @EspaDa

"Warriors Dawn and Traders and Gunboats get me." - @Master_Yoda77

"i was listening to slough feg. Hardworlder and atavism are their best ones. I like traveller too. Deadmen is ok." - @J.

"Lord Weird Slough Feg's Down Among the Deadmen is better than any entire Manilla Road album." - @Einherjar86

Chosen by:

CASSETTEISGOD (#1)
Krow (#1)
HamburgerBoy (#2)
Mort Divine (#2)
Omni (#2)
Master_Yoda77 (#2)
Talos of Atmora (#2)
Anom@nder Rake (#4)
Vilden (#6)
Serjeant Grumbles (#6)
zerostatic (#6)
EspaDa (#6)
Slammed (#8)
Vegard Pompey (#8)
Dazed and Brutal (#10)
TOTAL POINTS: 99

and a little extra tidbit i found:

"Hamburgerboy hates every band ever. He has never completely liked anything. His supernatural ability to find fault in everything and anything that exists has left him in a permanent state of apathy. Forever. And ever. He wanders like a ghost searching for decent music and stuff but he will never find it. One shitty album after another, they taunt him, even in his dreams they haunt him! Screaming like mad banshees in his ears he cries out in agony "Why do these shitty bands haunt me? I plee to you in the heavens send them from my ears!!! Damn them, damn them all to hell!!!". Relief is never found, he will continue onward forever. This is the saga of Hamburgerboy." - @Kara-Shehr

Either your username isn't the same as what you're using here(which means i had no clue who you were) or you're just lying.

I would never have sent you a friend request(that's if i even did) knowing it was you. But for some reason i keep seeing your face in my facebook "people you may know" list. Stalking much?

My username here used to be Malignance/MalignParadigm. Might ring a bell. I'm IronGrave on last.fm and MacabreEnd on RYM.

And I have never once knowingly visited your facebook. I don't even know your name.

u nvr accepted my friend request =(

Sorry Metaln00b! Honest mistake.

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
My username here used to be Malignance/MalignParadigm. Might ring a bell. I'm IronGrave on last.fm and MacabreEnd on RYM.

Exactly, so how would i know those were you? Also proof that i sent requests to those two names? Because i'm almost sure that i've never sent one to either of those two names. I sent one to yoda a looong time ago, so i have no problem admitting things like that.

And I have never once knowingly visited your facebook. I don't even know your name.
You clearly dont know how that "people you may know" list works. And the funny thng is you are always on there and one of the first 4-5 people. :lol: But i can guarantee you that im not going to be on your "people you may know" list, that's for sure. And you're over here accusing me of nonsense?

Last edited:
Possible-best Slough Feg at #1 = good enough for me.

List of in-crowders ....

NoCountry
Vegard Pompey
Slayed Necros
Vilden
HamburgerBoy
MortDivine
Phylactery(probably my favorite along with TOMAS WITHOUT THE H)
ManicTwat

... and a few other fledglings that dont have their feathers yet.

Does this look like a group i would ever want to be a part of?

Don't take him personally when he says stuff like this, TsundereBarbarity actually loves us and UM's collective taste and this is just his way of expressing it.

he_loves_us.png

Status
Not open for further replies.