GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2009

Maybe today, a decade ago people seemed a lot more resistant to the idea that Bathory had any Manowar influence.
Why? That doesn't exactly sound controversial to me. Seems rather obvious when you consider albums like Nordland, Hammerheart, Blood on Ice, etc. Hell, I could see him being influenced by tracks like Dark Avenger specifically.

Why? That doesn't exactly sound controversial to me. Seems rather obvious when you consider albums like Nordland, Hammerheart, Blood on Ice, etc. Hell, I could see him being influenced by tracks like Dark Avenger specifically.

Probably because Quorthon himself denied his Manowar influence.

manowar are trash. They're for people who want theatrical singalong bullshit. absolute joke of a band.

much better bands releasing much better albums when they were pumping most of their crap out.

Only someone that has never listened to Hail to England would say this.

^ Army of the Immortals. Metal makes us strooongeer, stroonger, STROOOONGAAAAAH, STRONGAAAAAAAH NANANAN METAL MAKES US STROOOOOOOOONNNNNNN

I'm really not that bad. At least I don't think Manowar is high art beyond the comprehension of the peons.

TBH you're not bad at all, except when you're talking about Manowar. Then you start saying stupid shit like this:

Hating on Manowar is something only friendless virgins with cum-hands do.

Ironic, since HamburgerBoy is your #1 brethren when it comes to Manowar.

manowar are trash. They're for people who want theatrical singalong bullshit. absolute joke of a band.

much better bands releasing much better albums when they were pumping most of their crap out.
Each member is an exemplar of musicianship on their respective instruments, but, it's okay, we know the bare chests excite your uncomfortably repressed homosexual urges.