GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2009

nah ... you just clearly have a thing for theatrical faggotry, not "musicianship". Now go put on your kiss makeup and sing along with uncle Gene, you pansy ass little bitch.
Really? Is that why Eric Adams can handle 5th octave fortissimo screams for 4 hours straight? Or is that why Scott Colombus plays his drums with a technique that'd make George Kollias cry himself to sleep? Because they're just a "theatrical songalong" joke? Hate the band, I don't care, but you're living in a drug-smoke haze under a rock if you're actually attempting to say they don't have chops.

GMD Top Ten Albums of 2009
=10) Cosmogenesis by Obscura
And the dance goes on even though worlds collide...

a0751685026_10.jpg

"Anybody who doesn't like all of Cosmogenesis is alligator bait." - @The Butt

"Cosmogenesis is such a ball-less wankfest. Do Not Want." - @Dak

"Cosmogenesis sounds like it was done by robots. I actually like the album myself, but I can understand why people say it sounds lifeless, it sounds mechanical. (which I find kind of cool)" - @Krow

"Cosmogenesis is IMO the greatest modern tech death album there is." - @TechnicalBarbarity

Chosen by:
TechnicalBarbarity (#2)
RedinTheSky (#2)
crimsonfloyd (#5)
zerostatic (#10)

TOTAL: 25 points

=10) Solemn · Sacred · Severe by Griftegård

Man can not suffer enough for his sins...

1000x1000.jpg

"Griftegard is rocking my balls, back and forth, like an infant cradled in the loving embrace of his mother. If you don't like this, fuck you and don't talk to me." - @Dodens Grav

"Those two Griftegard releases were garbage" - @rms

"Griftegard is the best thing to happen to doom metal since Warning and Revelation's reunion." - @Master_Yoda77

Chosen by:
Master_Yoda77 (#2)
Mort Divine (#6)
no country for old wainds (#6)
Vilden (#6)
CASSETTEISGOD (#10)

=10) Ape Uprising! by Slough feg

Never coming down from the trees, never bending down on my knees!

1000x1000.jpg

"Ape Uprising is definitely the best of their 2000s albums. I think they really nailed it with that one. Really diverse, lovely warm production and simply great riffs." - @Rumpole

"Ape Uprising and Animal Spirits aren't the type of album that you immediately fall in love with like Traveller or Down Among the Dead Men, but they are real growers." - @Master_Yoda77

"Ape Uprising is fantastic sing alongable planet of the apes metal." - @Krow

"the new Slough Feg-Ape Uprising is really starting to click after about 6 or so spins,geez i love this band :cry:" - @JontRevolting

Chosen by:
zabu of nΩd (#1)
Slammed (#6)
Slayed Necros (#7)
RedinTheSky (#7)
rms (#9)

9) Seven Chalices by Teitanblood
A horror so tangible as to lose meaning...

R-4084779-1403444509-2025.jpeg.jpg

"And here's another morbid insanity, a pile of satan's faeces of chaos." - @Onder

"ostensibly death metal or occult goatfuck metal or who cares, it's incredible." - @Anticitizen One

"Normally, thick and brutal albums like this would drain me and make me want a shorter album, but as I'm nearing the end of this, I'm actually longing for more despite it being about an hour long. " - @ASD

"Seven Chalices is definitely well within the upper echelon of death metal from the past decade." - @Dodens Grav

Chosen by:
Anom@nder Rake (#2)
Onder (#3)
Vilden (#8)
Krow (#10)
Atomic Tide (n/a)

TOTAL: 26.5 POINTS

Is that why you make 3rd grade grammatical errors in almost every post you make?
IS THAT WHY you made a post yesterday that had like 5 commas in a single sentence? :lol:

Anyway i get it, you have a booboo because i talked shit about one of your favorite signature HP bands(weak theatrical dress up metal and glam). You suck just as much dick as your favorite bands do. So deal with it. You fiend for hairy oily men dressed up in thongs and guys prancing around the stage pretending to be sluts type of hard/heavy music.

Scott Colombus plays his drums with a technique that'd make George Kollias cry himself to sleep

living in a drug-smoke haze

Lol

Last edited:
IS THAT WHY you made a post yesterday that had like 5 commas in a single sentence? :lol:

Anyway i get it, you have a booboo because i talked shit about one of your favorite signature HP bands(weak theatrical dress up metal and glam). You suck just as much dick as your favorite bands do. So deal with it. You fiend for hairy oily men dressed up in thongs and guys prancing around the stage pretending to be sluts type of hard/heavy music.

Lol
Quote it to me. I'm not the one pretending at being articulate, making 50 typos, and then trying to sink someone based on their typography. You don't even capitalize your sentences, so you trying to come as Mr. English Major is a fucking joke. And yet again, no argument. Just "HAAAA, GAAYYY!", supremely done Demosthenes. Do you want to discuss it or are you going to shield your insecurities behind your faux machismo for another 5 pages?

so you think me not capitalizing sentences is not done on purpose or is some kind of typo? :lol: haha, truly pathetic.

im(no comma just for you babe) not the one pretending to be articulate and have never tried to come off as some type of "mr english major", i just make fun of pretentious faggots like you and talos who try to come off as "articulate". Especially ones who cant even put together a proper sentence.

Oh shit, should i go back and capitalize that I? :lol: Lose that Bronson avatar, a kiss one would be more fitting for a faggot of the highest order such as yourself.

so you think me not capitalizing sentences is not done on purpose or is some kind of typo? :lol: haha, truly pathetic.

im(no comma just for you babe) not the one pretending to be articulate and have never tried to come off as some type of "mr english major", i just make fun of pretentious faggots like you and talos who try to come off as "articulate". Especially ones who cant even put together a proper sentence.

Oh shit, should i go back and capitalize that I? :lol: Lose that Bronson avatar, a kiss one would be more fitting for a faggot of the highest order such as yourself.
I don't give a fuck whether it's on purpose or not. The point is you critquing people's typing is like getting cosmetic advice from a leper. I don't make attempts to come off as articulate, this is how I speak. Also, you calling things effeminate and then calling people "babe"? Please.

Are you daft? Yes, I comprehended. Just because I don't have your take away doesn't mean I have a dearth of comprehension you imbecile. You went after his English, which, shock of shocks, is conveyed by typing on this website. In all technicality, that's what you went for. Sorry if that isn't congruous with The Gospel According To Technical Barbarity. What's with the Gene Simmons photos anyhow? I don't even like him as a person.

Last edited:
8) Endgame by Megadeth
I’ve got nothing left to choose so I think I’ll go insane...

endgame.jpg

"i've been listening to Endgame again lately, and can without a doubt say that it's their best album after Cryptic Writings." - @TechnicalBarbarity

"On the advice of TechBarb, I re-listened to Endgame. It is fairly good but has some duds that ruin the flow of the album. The System Has Failed is still better because the only dud I can find on that album is I Know Jack" - @The Ozzman

"I dunno, I loved Endgame. Some of the songs are thrashier than their old stuff, some killer solos. Cryptic Writings and Endgame are my favorite albums by them after Rust In Peace." - @Baroque

"It's Megadeth's best album since Youthanasia man." - @EspaDa

Chosen by:
Baroque (#4)
zabu of nΩd (#4)
TechnicalBarbarity (#6)
Slammed (#7)
The Ozzman (#7)

TOTAL: 27 POINTS

Last edited:
@no country for old wainds Why is it that you only pick certain albums to include negative quotes for? I'm pretty sure you can dig them up for almost every album you are posting.

you'd think so but i struggle to even dig up decent positive quotes a lot of the time - with the more iconic 80s/90s stuff like 90% of posts are just people listing them in various recommendation/favourite/etc threads, and the search only goes back ten pages, so i take what i can get. it's easier with newer albums like these though so i'm trying to throw more in, while still trying not to bother with generic stuff like "it's overrated" or "i prefer <insert different album here>" or w/e, which is most of the shit i see. it's not a bias thing anyway if that's what you're wondering, my liking that griftegard didn't stop me putting that rms comment in there.

Did you check out the Dark Forest s/t?

yeah and it's really spirited and melodically great stuff, it's just slightly too rough around the edges for me to completely get into it (so far anyway). i think we both have pretty high tolerance and even affection for amateur qualities in production, musicianship, vocals etc, but maybe you have a little more than i do lol. i couldn't include the realmbuilder either, for pretty much the reasons you stated on fb.

... arguments. Its what we do.

Im pretty sure you could have found plenty of good posts about both of those albums, and maybe even some negatives about Ape Uprising! Just admit it, there's a taaaad bit of bias there, nothing to be ashamed of though. i really dont give a fuck anyway man, just busting your balls.

@no country for old wainds

Last edited: