GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2019

Yeah but I do as well and you still think I'm his alt. :rofl:
oh c'mon now, Dave.
source.gif

June 1? Why not just extend it to Jan 1 and combine 2019 and 2020 in the one thread :p

Reactions: -CC-
Nasheim - Jord Och aska
Misthyrming - Algleymi
Smoulder - Times of Obscene Evil and Wild Daring
Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race
Orodruin - Ruins of Eternity
Daupuz - Monvmentvm
Midnight Dice - Midnight Dice
Obsequiae - The Palms of Sorrowed Kings

This shit ranked bitch?

^i figured you’d like that, i mean there’s even some expert chasm homage in the last track

you should also check out the trecelence EP and the bestial invasion album. and the obvious trad stuff, but i’m trying to point you toward things you maybe wouldn’t bother with otherwise

edit: it occured to me you may not know what i mean by the 'obvious trad stuff' so i'll quickly paste my RYM friends' top several for your perusal:
arch/matheos - winter ethereal
chevalier - destiny calls
lunar shadow - the smokeless fires
magic circle - departed souls
orodruin - ruins of eternity
smoulder - times of obscene evil and wild daring
traveler - s/t
vultures vengeance - the knightlore

and a few from the upper echelons of the non-trad list that might interest you:
asphodelus - stygian dreams
nucleus - entity
obsequiae - the palms of sorrowed kings
sarcasm - esoteric tales of the unserene

Last edited:
Man the vocals on that Wagner Odegard are fuckin awful. Musically doable but that whole punk rock black metal frog thing is laughable.

I checked this out on a whim just because it was at the top of your list and wtf, why did you not tell me about this sooner! This has a lot of the qualities I love about early melodeath and sorely miss in modern death metal.

Yeah, it rules. Wasn’t sure if you’d love it though because of the notable black metal on it. I did post it months ago in the albums kicking your ass thread saying it was really intricate black/death and becoming one of my favourites of the year. So you should have paid attention!