GMD Social Poll: Top Ten Films of 1984

you illogical fuck, how can I argue Elm street is essential American cinema and also just be emulating what the critics say?

It was a joke, sensitive. That said, your alternative to choosing a darling of the critics is an extremely popular horror film? Damn there's that thinking-for-yourself quality you exude so much. ;)

i’ll post my list in july

It is July, so cheers.

i meant the 31st of july at 11.59pm though :/

oi.gif

The first Elm Street is essential American cinema.
Glad the majority seems to be favoring this side

Not really sure what is meant by "essential" but I never said anything about Elm Street (I'm a fan obv), I was mocking you for saying Blood Simple was overrated and that you said there's a "huge separation" between OUATIA, Elm Street, Blood Simple and Nausicaä.

Of course most people agree on Elm Street, as if you'd ever praise a film that didn't have the backing of critics or the masses, that's the entire premise I've been shitting on you for dummy.

Literally downplaying the critical praise of Blood Simple ya fucking idiot. Quit switching between "I'm joking" and "look at me trying to have an opinion"

said, your alternative to choosing a darling of the critics is an extremely popular horror film
hanging with TB so much you've somehow thought popular is the same as amazing.

Gimme a couple days while you guys keep arguing about no one gives a shit. I want to make a list m.

Reactions: CiG
Of course most people agree on Elm Street, as if you'd ever praise a film that didn't have the backing of critics or the masses...
That's the funny thing with Elm Street and a lot of horror in general. Even if they have critical backing, the large majority of them will always view them as populist trash.

And now I wish there could be a roundtable discussion between Craven, Leone and Miyazaki.