3 The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: the Triumph
4 Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
5 Immolation - Dawn of Possession
6 Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
7 Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
8 Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
9 Pestilence - Consvming Impvlse
10 Demilich - Nespithe

Not really a surprise. I love my amurrican osdm.

Oh and I ranked all albums because I've actually listened to them and am not a faggot.

(Lol at Possessed and Death both being left out)

Also only giving unaccounted for votes one point is harmful when you have jackasses only listing 6-7.

Also only giving unaccounted for votes one point is harmful when you have jackasses only listing 6-7.

Yeah I didn't think about that.

One way I feel I can do it is this:

I have 6 votes

10/6 = 1.33 repeating

so a rank of 1 gets 10, rank of 2 get 10 - 1.33 (rounded to the nearest point), etc

Spotify exists if you haven't listened to something

Also, please try and submit at least 9 votes. Submitting less than that skews the averages

1. Incantation- Mortal Throne of Nazarene
2. Demilich- Nespithe
3. Demigod- Slumber of Sullen Eyes
4. Incantation- Onward to Golgotha
5. Suffocation- Effigy of The Forgotten
6. The Chasm- Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
7. Immolation- Dawn of Possession
8. Pestilence- Consuming Impulse
9. Autopsy- Mental Funeral
10. Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness

1. The Chasm
2. Autopsy
3. Morbid Angel
4. Incantation - OtG
5. Immolation
6. Suffocation
7. Incantation - MToN
8. Demigod
9. Demilich
10. Pestilence

1) Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
2) Suffocation - Effigy of The Forgotten
3) Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
4) The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
5) Autopsy - Mental Funeral
6) Immolation - Dawn of Possession
7) Demilich - Nespithe
8) Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
9) Incantation - Mortal Throne of Nazarene
10) Pestilence - Consuming Impulse

Consuming Impulse is definitely one of the better albums that made it to this odd list of "top 10". Personally, I can't contribute to any top death metal list that doesn't include Death, but yet has two Incantation albums and The Chasm. And i really like both of those bands too, but still.

How the dick did Dechristianize not even make the entire list when stuff like IF's Colony is on there?

Consuming Impulse is definitely one of the better albums that made it to this odd list of "top 10". Personally, I can't contribute to any top death metal list that doesn't include Death, but yet has two Incantation albums and The Chasm. And i really like both of those bands too, but still.

My thoughts exactly. Good thing GMD's lists like this don't get a lot of publicity. This would be a joke.

I'm not trying to stand aside or anything.. we made this list, but I just can't contribute either at this point.

How is everyone complaining about a list we all voted for? Haha, maybe we all just have way different taste then we thought.

EDIT: I think I see why it's this way...

Death isn't there because there is a huge vortex in best Death with all of us. Almost everyone's list included a Death album, but not many listed the same one nor at the top of their list.

The bulk of those are all nearly uniformly ranked in the majority of our lists. Demilich, for example, pretty much made every list, so it gathered points without much favoritism aimed at it.

I dunno...weird results. I think the spectrum was too broad and the number of lists was too low.

I bet this would change drastically if it were done again in 3 months. Still, I enjoy listies.

Exactly. No one to blame but yourselves.

Kinda interesting to see how the thrash one will play out.

Maybe in that thread people will actually contribute a full list instead of Top 8 or whatever. I think that is going to skew this greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.