GMD Votes: Top 10 OSDM albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda bummed Death didn't make it, but I really don't care about the top 10. There are three albums I haven't even listened to from that list so I'll need to do that. I listened to some of Demigod today and it sounded sick.

Pestilence will probably be last for me because MVD's voice grates the fuck out of me.

The vocals are THE highlight of Consuming Impulse. The Trauma, that chorus, come on bros.

1. Incantation - Mortal Throne of Nazarene
2. Demilich - Nespithe
3. Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
4. Immolation - Dawn of Possession
5. The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
6. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
7. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
8. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
9. Autopsy - Mental Funeral
10. Suffocation - Effigy of The Forgotten

The vocals are THE highlight of Consuming Impulse. The Trauma, that chorus, come on bros.
The vocals are the highlights? Not, like, I don't know...the horror movie come to life chaimsaw murder guitar riffs? Or the spastic, spunky drum work?

I rather like the top 10 result, though. Every album is a worthwhile album in a monster pool of death metal. I'm stoked about the next one though

1-Suffocation-Effigy
2-Incantation-Onward
3-Morbid Angel-Alters
4-Immolation-Dawn of Possession
5-Incantation-Mortal Throne
6-Autopsy-Mental Funeral
7-Demilich

Not really big on the other three albums, especially The Chasm so it probably isn't fair for me to try to put an order on those.

Six of mine made it. I need to check out the other three
albums I haven't listened to.

1. Autopsy - Mental Funeral
2. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
3. Demilich - Nespithe
4. Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
5. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
6. Immolation - Dawn of Possession
7. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness

MvD is one of my favorite DM vocalists. And while i think everything comes together perfectly on Consuming Impulse, which is what makes it one of the greatest DM albums of all time, DT is right on ... the guitar riffs are definitely the highlight of the album.

The vocals are the highlights? Not, like, I don't know...the horror movie come to life chaimsaw murder guitar riffs? Or the spastic, spunky drum work?

I rather like the top 10 result, though. Every album is a worthwhile album in a monster pool of death metal. I'm stoked about the next one though

It's full of excellent riffs too, but there are probably a few others that are roughly on par (albeit in different styles). Van Drunen's vox are unrivaled in death metal.

Also, please try and submit at least 9 votes. Submitting less than that skews the averages

I'm listening to the albums I haven't heard yet now. After a preliminary listen and reflection upon it, I'll re-listen and change my list.

edit: Thus far, I'm not getting all of the love for The Chasm. They sound like a local band that I would go bananas for, but not a quality band when compared to the greats.

Perhaps, but it's not OSDM. It's barely DM. It sounds like black/death, and Belphegor-ish at that. Belphegor did it better in their hay-day tbh. Even Deathcult seems to stretch the parameters of this contest. It's not death metal. It's blackened death metal. I would have considered Zyklon's World ov Worms had blackened death metal been acceptable in the parameters of the original poll.

1. The Chasm - Deathcult
2. Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
3. Incantation - Mortal Throne of Nazarene
4. Demilich - Nespithe
5. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
6. Autopsy - Mental Funeral
7. Immolation - Dawn of Possession
8. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
9. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
10. Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten

TBH this is a pretty damn decent top 10 to choose from.

How is everyone complaining about a list we all voted for? Haha, maybe we all just have way different taste then we thought.

EDIT: I think I see why it's this way...

Death isn't there because there is a huge vortex in best Death with all of us. Almost everyone's list included a Death album, but not many listed the same one nor at the top of their list.

The bulk of those are all nearly uniformly ranked in the majority of our lists. Demilich, for example, pretty much made every list, so it gathered points without much favoritism aimed at it.

I dunno...weird results. I think the spectrum was too broad and the number of lists was too low.

I bet this would change drastically if it were done again in 3 months. Still, I enjoy listies.

I'm sure things would be a lot different if we were allowed to name an unlimited amount of albums from each band. Only being allowed to list two kind of fucks things up. I probably would've put at least 3-4 Death albums on my list.

Ok the Dude.

And my list wouldn't have changed must if I was allowed to include more than 2 albums per band. Shit, you would have seen more kvlt and necro death metal that you queermongers have never even heard of before, because I'm so necro. Let's just face it, Death is average and Master is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.