GMD Votes: Top 10 OSDM albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death deserves respect and all that jazz, but they are not on the same playing field as Incantation. Here's a list of phenomenal Incantation albums:

Everything they've done

Here's a list of Death's:

Oh, wait. They're all only above average or, hold on...nope. Nope.

but death is bush league

:lol: you're such a joke, morty.

Fuck, I'm fairly happy calling Incantation the best death metal band ever, given their discography.

Definitely one of the best. Top 10 for sure.

Immolation is another band on that list that i'd say has released better albums than Incantation. They're discog is much better imo. Same goes for a few of the other bands on that list.

Death deserves respect and all that jazz, but they are not on the same playing field as Incantation. Here's a list of phenomenal Incantation albums:

Everything they've done

Here's a list of Death's:

Oh, wait. They're all only above average or, hold on...nope. Nope.

:lol: Please tell me you're not being serious.

Immolation is another band on that list that i'd say has released better albums than Incantation. They're discog is much better imo.

I agree with you there. Mainly for nostalgic reasons. They were one of the first Death Metal bands that blew my god damn mind. Their newer material doesnt have shit on Incantations, though. Quite sad.

And I disagree with Incantation's discography being perfect. Theyve definitely released some sub par shit for their standards. Infernal Storm and Blasphemy hardly get any play from me. The one HUGE redeeming quality that stands above the rest is that theyve been around for 20+ years and are *still* producing quality. If Death was still around, the would be going on the vein of SoP...No thanks.

As for Bolt Thrower's discography, EVERY album they have ranges from great to fucking outstanding.

I agree with you there. Mainly for nostalgic reasons. They were one of the first Death Metal bands that blew my god damn mind. Their newer material doesnt have shit on Incantations, though. Quite sad.

And I disagree with Incantation's discography being perfect. Theyve definitely released some sub par shit for their standards. Infernal Storm and Blasphemy hardly get any play from me. The one HUGE redeeming quality that stands above the rest is that theyve been around for 20+ years and are *still* producing quality. If Death was still around, the would be going on the vein of SoP...No thanks.

As for Bolt Thrower's discography, EVERY album they have ranges from great to fucking outstanding.

I thought the last two Immolation albums are far better than the last 2 from Incan albums. Vanquish bored the shit out of me after listening to it a few times.

Yea, BT has a fuckin' solid discog. But i personally dont think that any of their albums are "5 star". RoC, The IVth Crusade and Those Once Loyal are my favorites, all three score a 4/5 on RYM for me.

Bolt Thrower doesn't count. You can't be that consistent and amazing and not be some kind of artificial intelligence that gained death metal sentience. Only human bands count in this discussion.

I was not fully serious with that post, TB. But, I still say Death is good to really good while Incantation is really good to great

No fucking way. Dirges and Vanish shit all over Majesty and whatever the fuck Immolations last album was. Thing was crap, imo.

and Bolt Thrower doesnt have 5 star albums? Dude, go listen to War Master, Realm of Chaos, and IV Crusade.

No fucking way. Dirges and Vanish shit all over Majesty and whatever the fuck Immolations last album was. Thing was crap, imo.

and Bolt Thrower doesnt have 5 star albums? Dude, go listen to War Master, Realm of Chaos, and IV Crusade.

Dude, there where Incatation "clones" releasing better albums that year than Vanquish, wtf are you talking about?

I've owned RoC and IVth Crusade since they were released, listened to both a countless number of times. Some of their tracks are still basically imprinted in my brain. Great band, but definitely not 5 star. Also, throughout the years i've come to really appreciate their last album, definitely one of their best.

They were pretty consistent for a while, but i dont know if we can give them that title anymore. They've released two albums in the last what, 17 years?

edit:
Not what I said. Their newest was crapp. Majesty was good, just doesnt compare to Dirges and Vanquish.

I've only listened to the new Incantation album once. But Majesty and Decay and Kingdom absolutely annihilate Vanquish.

I'm in the boat with TB and Yoda on Bolt Thrower. Love their stuff, but i can't see a place for any of their albums among the 10 GREATEST of all time. They are at their best when you aren't feeling like digesting a full deathly meal but would like a tasty appetizer that smells great. Death metal on a diet I suppose.

Death, Deicide or maybe even Carcass would have naturaly made it to the top 10 if it wasn't for the formed kvlt music taste around here and I think I know what's to blame.. it's that controvertial opinions thread where all hipsters can come to a conclusion a universally mediocre album is actually very fun because it shit on everything else lel

Both Demis and The Chasm could be called "kvlt" to some extent, but the other entries are all pretty established. This list could have turned out so much more hipster if people wanted it to be.

What hurt BT for this list is the fact that Those Once Loyal is their best, and came after the cutoff. Majesty and Decay is fantastic, fuck the haters.

Just for the record, no one thus far has hated on it. Just sayin...

Also, can we please, PLEASE make a GMD vote thread for Black Metal? PLEASSSSSE :) (Yes Ozz, Im asking you)

yeah, TM and BM lists please.

This kind of reminds me of the awesome shitstorm of a thread/list that Crimson(i think?) did a few years back. But i cant remember if that was just one list, or we had one for each sub-genre. Ahh ... good times, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.