GNMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1983

I don't hate newer Metallica stuff, and James never became the idiot ape the ST frontman makes himself out to be. People around here mocking some metal for mild "jumpdafuckup"ness but then liking ST. Makes no sense.

Suicidal Tendencies didn't become jumpdafuccup until after Metallica became proto-Nickelback brodudecore. You seem to be ignoring this fact.

Edit: my mistake, Suicidal Tendencies started doing the whole funkyfag rap metal thing in 1990.

Last edited:
Suicidal Tendencies didn't become jumpdafuccup until after Metallica became proto-Nickelback brodudecore. You seem to be ignoring this fact.

Edit: my mistake, Suicidal Tendencies started doing the whole funkyfag rap metal thing in 1990.

Nickelback brodudecore? St Anger was widely panned and Death Magnetic wasn't amazing but I don't see any comparison to Nickelback.

Yeah, ST rapmetal predates Durst; likely a major influence.

800px-13-06-09_RiP_Limp_Bizkit_Fred_Durst_1.JPG

I figured Suicidal Tendencies was worth seeing live once and enjoyed them but wouldn't say they were memorable or anything. I mainly like their metal side but it helped that I knew what to expect based on their later stuff.

I will say that That Was Just Your Life, The End of the Line, The Day That Never Comes, and The Unforgiven III saved DM from being down to St Anger levels. St Anger can be rehabilitated by a better snare, but only partially. It's not as bad as the hate it gets, but clearly the worst Metallica offering (Lulu doesn't count as Metallica).

Last edited:
I'm just teasing them for the funk metal elements they started to incorporate on Lights...Camera...Revolution! I know that they never actually made rap metal. Like Metallica's black album it's about half decent songs and half douchechills.

Double Nickels on the Dime is even more diverse and weird, and above all fun.
Have listened to this album a few times now & it is an absolute trip bro. Didn't realise this is where the Jackass theme came from either!

Reactions: CiG
I like Hardwired overall, but DM > Black Album is pretty edgy even to me.

Honestly, I don't think it's even close. The Black Album is a milquetoast, generic pop album where maybe half of the songs even hit. Half of it is a chore to listen to and the other half is played out. Death Magnetic offers much more interesting and substantial compositions. Easily Metallica's 5th best album.

Yeah, DM is underrated IMO. For the most part, it's the only straight up thrash album Metallica did since AJFA.

That being said, it has its flaws. I only really like maybe 4 or 5 songs from it.

wgrewg.jpg
198THREEEEEEEEE:

1200x1200bb.jpg
1. The Meteors - Wreckin' Crew
Favourite song: "Insane"

rock-for-light-5599c96ee3ec4.jpg

2. Bad Brains - Rock for Light
Favourite song: "Attitude"

true-6000000aad25a.jpg

3. Spandau Ballet - True
Favourite song: "True"

madonna-616b7f274c859.jpg

4. Madonna - Madonna
Favourite song: "Lucky Star"

suicidal-tendencies-4fbb002561225.jpg

5. Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Tendencies
Favourite song: "Subliminal"

what-makes-a-man-start-fires-5596daaf53637.jpg

6. Minutemen - What Makes a Man Start Fires?
Favourite song: "The Only Minority"

over-the-edge-56053db7e79ba.jpg

7. Wipers - Over the Edge
Favourite song: "No One Wants an Alien"

the-crackdown-554e38a6bbe6a.jpg

8. Cabaret Voltaire - The Crackdown
Favourite song: "Just Fascination"

rant-n-rave-with-the-stray-cats-54a183c822c5c.jpg

9. Stray Cats - Rant n' Rave with the Stray Cats
Favourite song: "I Won't Stand in Your Way"

is-this-my-world-514a2d500d4d7.jpg

10. Jerry's Kids - Is This My World?