Really? That's rather ironic since Upsidedown Cross are still on MA last time I checked and that's basically just Larry Lifeless' continuation of the punk/doom metal stuff he did with Kilslug.

Actually I may have mixed them up with some other band, because Kilslug wasn't on the v1 M-A either. Though neither is Gore on either and I could have sworn they were on at one point. No fucking clue tbh.

1. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
2. Hoodoo Gurus - Mars Needs Guitars!
3. Kevin Bloody Wilson - Kev's Back (The Return of the Yobbo)
4. Jimmy Barnes - For the Working Class Man
4. Chris Isaak - Silvertone
5. GANGgajang - GANGgajang
6. Joe Walsh - The Confessor
7. John Fogerty - Centerfield
8. George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Maverick
9. Divinyls - What a Life!
10. The Georgia Satellites - Keep the Faith

HM
John Cougar Mellencamp - Scarecrow
ZZ Top - Afterburner

Reactions: Bloopy and CiG
Cool to see John Fogerty in your list too, killer album. When 1997 comes around Blue Moon Swamp will be in my top 5.

For sure, I love that album. Saw the BMS tour, was the first tour he was legally allowed to play the majority of his old CCR songs. Was a brilliant concert.

Reactions: CiG
John Cougar Mellencamp - Scarecrow

I fucking loved this album when I was a young tyke. My older brother played it for me when I was probably eight or so, and I thought it was so badass. :rofl: In all fairness, the title track is chilling.

"There are ninety-seven crosses planted in the courthouse yard
For ninety-seven families who lost ninety-seven farms"

Reactions: Slammed
Killing Joke - Night Time
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
The Durutti Column - Circuses and Bread
Orangum - In Extremis
Whitehouse - Great White Death
Controlled Bleeding - Knees and Bones
Dead Can Dance - Speen and Ideal
Asmus Tietchens - Hydrophonie 5
Shub-Niggurath - Les Morts Vont Vite
Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair

1. Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
2. Dead Can Dance - Spleen and Ideal
3. Killing Joke - Night Time
4. Latin Quarter - Modern Times
5. Prince - Around the World in a Day

The first two are the only albums I still listen to nowadays. If the entire "Hounds of Love"-album was in the vein of the experimental "The Ninth Wave", it would definitely be my overall favourite Kate Bush album. "Waking the Witch", "Jig of Life" and "Hello Earth" are my favourite songs on this album. The special edition of this album released in 1997 also contains one of my favourite non-album tracks, namely the short, yet really beautiful "Under the Ivy".

A rather short list - the metal list for this year will be longer -, but I guess that in 1985, I spent most of the time listening to Metallica's "Ride the Lightning".

Reactions: CiG
It's a pretty shitty year for me, even if I include metal (unless I'm forgetting something that'd just be Hell Awaits and To Mega Therion, anyway). The only albums in my list that I still listen to regularly are the Killing Joke and TJAMC ones.

Then I guess the year just got shittier.

Weird cause overall the 80s are pretty good.

At least for music.

People dressed like total cunts.