GNMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1994

AQ84M-VG_400x400.jpg

Reactions: Serjeant Grumbles
#8 The Offspring - Smash
Offspring.jpg
Genre(s):
Skate Punk, Punk Rock

Pop Punk, Alternative Rock

Why vent your anger on Offspring, when there are 1039573895 bands out there that are so much worse. Offspring is decent enough.
Smash was the only album by them I had, I thought it was pretty good. Although there are a couple songs on it that have been overplayed so much it makes me want to kill myself if I hear them again (self esteem in paticular).
i like some stuff off ixnay and smash, but whilst they're miles ahead of, say, green day and all that shit, those two cater more for teenagers & feel a bit watered down comparatively. ignition did the whole grungy cynicism thing with more nuance and consistency. i like the first album the most though 'cause of its darker metal tinge
The Offspring are an abomination and should be killed slowly and painfully.
Offspring is awesome.

Those who voted:
@HamburgerBoy #4
@TechnicalBarbarity #1

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
#7 Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Beastie_Boys.jpg
Genre(s):
East Coast Hip Hop

Funk, Instrumental Hip Hop, Hardcore Punk, Jazz-Funk, Punk Rock

I'm starting to like the Beastie Boys.
The Beastie Boys are fucking horrible :mad:
HELL YEAH!!! :kickass:

before i got into metal, i was into the beastie boys
About the only rap I can tolerate is Run DMC and the Beastie Boys.

Those who voted:
@-CyanideChrist- #10
@TechnicalBarbarity #9
@Satanstoenail #4
@Sirjack #3

#6 Soundgarden - Superunknown
Soundgarden-Superunknown.jpg
Genre(s):
Grunge, Alternative Rock

Hard Rock, Alternative Metal

They were probably my most favorite band for a very long time before I started exploring metal. I recently found a used copy of SOMMS in a little music store, so I got to a wish I've had for about 5 or 6 years now.

Unlike you, HarmonyDies, Down on the Upside was probably my least favorite of all their albums. Badmotorfinger and Superunknown were the ones I thought to be the best not only overall, but that have the lion's share of the best songs as well. "Holy Water," "Limo Wreck," "Jesus Christ Pose," "Fresh Tendrils," "Like Suicide," all were my most favorite songs....
Alice n Chains and Soundgarden are both awesome, Soundgarden more-so. Mailman and 4th of July are both heavy and awesome songs.
I just don't give a shit about Soundgarden anymore. I just really don't give a shit...

Those who voted:
@Satanstoenail #10
@challenge_everything #2
@Serjeant Grumbles #1

#4 Portishead - Dummy
portishead.jpg
Genre(s):
Trip Hop

All of them are different and all of them are worth listening to. Your best bet is to get all of them and listen to them in chronological order.
Listening to Portishead's Dummy and feeling like the album's title because this is the album I got last.
Portishead is very awkward :erk:
portishead rules the roost. i like the s/t most by far, then 'third' and then 'dummy', but they're all good.
There's always trip-hop... it's like techno with hip hop mixed together and it has lesser lyrics, especially less "YO YO YO!" lyrics... like Portishead and stuff.
I heard some Portishead recently and kinda liked it. The atmosphere is really great, and the vocalist is fantastic, but the music does bore me from time to time.
Probably not your cup of tea due to the the dislike for blues or jazz stuff, but Portishead are gloomy. All the time.

Those who voted:
@Oblivious Maximus #3
@challenge_everything #8
@Sirjack #1

Reactions: CiG
#4 Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York
nirvana.jpg
Genre(s):
Acoustic Rock, Alternative Rock

Grunge, Folk Rock

I like Nirvana, particularly the Unplugged album. Great for getting yourself depressed :cry:
Always liked Nirvana's version of Lake of Fire etc off of Unplugged. Come to think of it, thats the only Nirvana album i ever listen to.
Incesticide.....now that was a really shit album.....Unplugged in New York was best. Nirvana certainly wouldn't have been so big if it wasn't for Kurt's "mysterious" suicide....
I'd like to see Kurt Cobain come back but Nirvana wasn't a great live band. They could break out some cool stuff like Clean Up Before She Comes, but other than that I'm not sure it would be the best choice.

Those who voted:
@TechnicalBarbarity #2
@dwellerINTHEdark #5
@challenge_everything #5

#2 Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Let Love In
nick_cave.jpg
Genre(s):
Post-Punk, Alternative Rock

Gothic Rock, Punk Blues

nick cave is better than everything you listen you.

sorry.
Nothing like Laibach, but listen to Nick Cave anyway because I said so. He sings about girls most of the time, but usually he's killing them. He's darker than Satan's o-ring. :lol:
Nick Cave, I fucking hate Nick Cave.
Nick Cave does have a few good songs, but it's not something I want to listen all day to
nick cave "do you love me" nick's outfit in the performance scene and blixa dancing make this #1 cave video ever
Nick cave is an absolute genious, he writes his music from the heart, and what a dark heart it is, wouldnt mess with him
Besmirch Mr. Cave and I will cut you.

Those who voted:
@dwellerINTHEdark #2
@challenge_everything #4
@Bloopy #7
@Serjeant Grumbles #8

#1 Jeff Buckley - Grace
jeff_buckley.jpg
Genre(s):
Singer/Songwriter, Alternative Rock

Acoustic Rock

I'm just curious to see if there are any more Jeff Buckley fans here. I think his "Grace" album is one of the finest non-metal albums released in the 90's if not ever. :)

His voice is so extremely emotional and just really hits home with me.
:worship:

Jeff Buckley owns your soul.
i'm a huge Jeff Buckley fan. His voice is so beautiful... too bad he died. He had so much potential
I have no idea why people obsess over this guy.

Those who voted:
@HamburgerBoy #5
@Slammed #7
@Satanstoenail #1
@challenge_everything #6

Reactions: Slammed
i was about to thank you for using quotes from this decade, then i saw the nirvana entry. i can’t even begin to imagine how ancient that post is.

edit: oh my god i was still habitually using ellipses in that thread. i’d just turned 14, terrible times, abort

Reactions: Slayed Necros
LmpwZWc.jpeg

01. Nordman - Nordman
Favorite song: "Nu lever sommaren"

71MXG2iWUdL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

02. Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible
Favorite song: "Faster"

LmpwZWc.jpeg

03. Onkel Kånkel - Gammeldags Jul
Favorite song: "Små strålar av sperma"

8510e54d.jpg

04. The Smashing Pumpkins - Pisces Iscariot