God damn! I spend too much money on cds.

my apologies about going off topic... I'm just real passionate about what I do

I dunno... I personally don't feel any sort of guilt about downloading metal albums... no point in spending money when you don't have to

Well, I guess there is a point, it just doesnt matter much to me. Not that I dont buy, because I certainly do, but I download freely.

Zephyrus said:
Yeah I swap a lot of CD's with cookiecutter and upload them to my itunes library. But it's kind of unbalanced because I like a lot more of his stuff than he does mine.
It's true :( He makes me buy his Vader and Bolt Thrower.

I pretty much exclusively buy, because one, I have limited space on my iPod (it's a mini :erk: ) and two, I find it easier to like something knowing I own it physically and I paid money for it.

Aarohi said:
They have one genre called Black Metal, and another one called Black Metal/Noise? :erk:

Redstream botches genres plenty. I believe the data is freely entered by users, anyway...

Also "black noise" is a fairly well known style. Abruptum, Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra, et al.

Authentic Metalhead said:
I usually download when I want to preview something or when I just want a song or two without spending my hard-earned money.

exactly...thats what I do.

xxbigdavexx117 said:
my apologies about going off topic... I'm just real passionate about what I do

I dunno... I personally don't feel any sort of guilt about downloading metal albums... no point in spending money when you don't have to

Shit, life must be easy for you! Why bother paying in shops when you can just put them in your pocket and walk out? No point in spending money when you don't have to! :rolleyes:

I notice that I only listen too about 20% of my cd collection. For the last few years have been trying to sell a lot of metal. If you sell a few cds for cheap even if you buy one cd from that money it's very much worth it. If you ever move out of your parents house what use will you have with 4 hundred cds. You probably would not even be able to have a stereo wherever you were anyways. Are you going to sit around with earphones listening too 400 cds. I try to keep things that I feel listen to the most or have the most significance. You can buy a lot of new cds just by selling old ones.

The Greys said:
I notice that I only listen too about 20% of my cd collection. For the last few years have been trying to sell a lot of metal. If you sell a few cds for cheap even if you buy one cd from that money it's very much worth it. If you ever move out of your parents house what use will you have with 4 hundred cds. You probably would not even be able to have a stereo wherever you were anyways. Are you going to sit around with earphones listening too 400 cds. I try to keep things that I feel listen to the most or have the most significance. You can buy a lot of new cds just by selling old ones.

Mate,

I moved out of my parents house *counts on fingers and toes* ohhhh....13 years ago, and I have over 2000 cds, not to mention boxes of tapes and loads of crappy old vinyll. I listen to my cds a lot - and manage to rotate older stuff with newer stuff. For sure, the likelihood of me playing, say Faith No More - Faith No More or Cement - The Man With The Action Hair is much slimmer than Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream or Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness. To be honest though, I couldn't part with a single one of my CDs (say hello, Darkthrone and Vondur) - and I find it quite alien that you could.

When the day comes for me to move I will be living in some apartment with someones bed on the other side of the wall. Why would I need 1 thousand metal albums or whatever. Someone's just going to be knocking on my door telling me to turn my music down thinking i'm some weirdo :lol:. Unless I meet a rich girl with a house i'm going to be stuck living in an apartment probably with two other dipshits that made the same choices as me. I atleast think logical for me anyways. I have one thousand dollars, have not had a job for 2 months, i'm anti-social, and have like 3 job choices. All my favorite death metal cds are going to become useless unless living with parents that don't find too odd since it's a norml habit.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
I see it as a challenge to try and hunt down out of print cd's. There just isn't any thrill to downloading. You download and there you have it whereas you order cd's and you have something to look forward to in the mail. Downloading just ruins the excitement imo.
I dunno. I still buy the CDs I really like, if I can find them, and when I dl something, I don't have to worry about "taking a chance" like I do when buying a CD without having heard it, because there is nothing lost when I dl a CD that winds up sucking. I don't feel guilty dling out of print stuff, because if you try to get the CD used on ebay, you're not really supporting the band, anyways.

Carcassian said:
Shit, life must be easy for you! Why bother paying in shops when you can just put them in your pocket and walk out? No point in spending money when you don't have to! :rolleyes:

If I could do that I would never spend another dime again :)

Carcassian said:
Mate,

I moved out of my parents house *counts on fingers and toes* ohhhh....13 years ago, and I have over 2000 cds, not to mention boxes of tapes and loads of crappy old vinyll. I listen to my cds a lot - and manage to rotate older stuff with newer stuff. For sure, the likelihood of me playing, say Faith No More - Faith No More or Cement - The Man With The Action Hair is much slimmer than Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream or Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness. To be honest though, I couldn't part with a single one of my CDs (say hello, Darkthrone and Vondur) - and I find it quite alien that you could.

that is fucking nuts... 20+ grand on CDs - man I would have used that to put a down payment on like a mustang saleen or maybe a BMW m5

The Greys said:

I'm breaking the 400 mark here soon, i'll never part with my cds. If it came down to saving my cds or half of my non-immediate family(cousins, uncles, so forth so on) in a house fire, i'd surely choose my cds! I'd make it a point to play my music wherever i go. :kickass: To loads of cds!

xxbigdavexx117 said:
If I could do that I would never spend another dime again :)

What would be the point of having money then?

I personnaly had around 400 cds but I decided recently to sell the ones I wasn't listening to anymore. There's a lot of cds that were sitting there gathering dust. Might as well get some money back on them and have somebody enjoy them instead. I think I'll be down to around 250 cds when I'm done with cleaning the stuff I can easily live without.

Since I lost about 100 of my old cds, im down to about 200-250. I listen to most of them and get as many new ones as I can, to make up for the ones I lost.

edit-i had the 100 in one case, then left them in a car that was sold by accident, under the seat. Somebody got a nice present.

I've been into metal barely 2 years and barely a year since I've started buying cd's regularly. I'd say the 80 or so I have is a decent number. Plus almost half of my music is not from my own cd's, but uploaded from friends' cd's and some downloading.