got my 2nd Symphony X album!!!

No-Mercy

Feanor
Nov 4, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
FUKEN BRILLIANT!! Started off with V, for no apparent reason. however, just go DWOT!!! its so good. my favorite song from the available mp3s on their site was Accolade, and i cant stop listening to this album!! i even told me teacher i was sick so i could go in te bathroom and rock out all day, hah! man ive stumbled upon gods.

Cheers!
//greg \m/

I wouldn't call them gods, of course...but in MY opinion you've heard the two best albums Symphony X has to offer. You still have a lot of amazing stuff left to discover, though...

If i had to say what my favourite or least fav. SymX album is, i wouldn't be able to choose, i love each one just as much as the others. So reccomending which to go for next, just pick up the first one you see and you'll love it. Although, i'd say stay away from the self titled one for now, i don't know many people besides myself who like that one.

V was a great choice for an album to start out with. I bought V and The Odyssey together, but V came in the mail first. That let me get more attached to it first. The best part of it was the guitar and keyboard playing. The drumming on Death Of Balance, the Guitar playing in Evolution (The Grand Design) and the Guitar+Bass duet at the beginning of Fallen were my favorite things of the album, but who would expect anything less of Symphony X?

arglebargle said:
V was my first album, too.

In a way, all the other albums were slight disappointments, because nothing matched the orchestral goodness of V.

I had that too, I somehow expected the rest of their work would also feature the big orchestral stuff.

I first bought Odyssey.

I will let you all in on a little secret. When I first heard Odyssey i hated Russ's voice. I really thought it was the worst voice ever in metal. I would play the intro to Inferno and Accolade 2 and just skip it when Russ started to sing. When I played Odyssey I would forward pass the parts where he sung.

One day while listening to Accolade II I let it play when russ started to sing. When I heard "...how can i go on" I was hooked.

Today I think Russ has the best voice in music :D

@Soundgarden- Man I used to like Russell Allen more than ever, but I didn't like his gruffier voice. I prefer lighter and more crisper voices like Jon Anderson, Kevin James Labrie, etc. But I still think Russ is pretty darn good, but I thought V and The Odyssey had sooooo much more potential. These albums could have been classics if Romeo didn't play "chug chug" riffs soo much, Oh well, SX is still pretty darn awesome.

"When Dream And Day Unite"

... :)

Awake is my fave DT album.. ToT was good for about a week... SDOiT... glass prison was good and disc 2 was fun.

I like all my symX albums though.. even some of self-titled. Thorns of sorrow, shades of grey, a lesson before dying and premonition are good.. everything else on that album kinda just depressed me :p.

i was expecting something like damnation game.

Well, it's their first album...hardly anybody gets it all right on the first try. But they did build on it quite well. :)

soundgarden said:
I first bought Odyssey.

I will let you all in on a little secret. When I first heard Odyssey i hated Russ's voice. I really thought it was the worst voice ever in metal. I would play the intro to Inferno and Accolade 2 and just skip it when Russ started to sing. When I played Odyssey I would forward pass the parts where he sung.

One day while listening to Accolade II I let it play when russ started to sing. When I heard "...how can i go on" I was hooked.

Today I think Russ has the best voice in music :D
Well thank God you came to your senses my NY brotha! Russ smokes most (in my opinion). :headbang: