Got my first Children of Bodom tattoo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha dude, I'm from Alberta...the land of country music. Shudder. I moved to Russia after high school and I got to back pack through Eastern Europe (Finland, Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Ukraine)- the metal scene there was INCREDIBLE. Like nothing I have ever seen. What I would give to go back. I bet Germany was insanely awesome too!

That's pretty intense, how long were you over there?

@Zabu- I lived in Moscow from last January to June.

And yeah man, asshole tattoos are the shit. get it? hahaha sorry I had to

@Der- lol legit? you've seen me at a show? I go to shows at Calgary and Edmonton.

Haha dude, I'm from Alberta...the land of country music. Shudder. I moved to Russia after high school and I got to back pack through Eastern Europe (Finland, Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Ukraine)- the metal scene there was INCREDIBLE. Like nothing I have ever seen. What I would give to go back. I bet Germany was insanely awesome too!
Woohoo Alberta pride :kickass:

Hell yeah Icon!:)

I had a couple American roommates...I was an English teacher at the Moscow State University of Environmental Engineering...I also taught children at a private school outside the city

@Zabu- I lived in Moscow from last January to June.

And yeah man, asshole tattoos are the shit. get it? hahaha sorry I had to

@Der- lol legit? you've seen me at a show? I go to shows at Calgary and Edmonton.

I don't know. Maybe you look like a fair number of people I see at shows. I normally attend shows in Calgary these days, last one being the Arkona in November.

Germany was the shit for metal. Pretty much every weekend, we would go these 2 different metal bars. These had "dance floors" where people would mosh and get fucked up lol. They'd play any kind of metal too.

I had a couple American roommates...I was an English teacher at the Moscow State University of Environmental Engineering...I also taught children at a private school outside the city

Nice. I thought the usual teaching contract was much longer than that. I could totally go for a semester gig.

There's another chick on here who taught English in Japan for like 2-3 years. Not sure how much she liked it, but she seemed on the fence about leaving when she did. She had an American boyfriend over there too.

I saw Dimmu when I was stationed in Germany. Their time on stage went quickly, but they put on a great show. Oh how I miss Germany and it's metal scene.....now I'm in Missouri. The least metal place in the States.

:lol: i dont want to know how the rest of the world's "metal scene" is like if you think German's metalheads are awesome

Germany was the shit for metal. Pretty much every weekend, we would go these 2 different metal bars. These had "dance floors" where people would mosh and get fucked up lol. They'd play any kind of metal too.

There are two metal bars in my town. lol. It's still a shit town for metal. More or less everywhere is anyway.

probly just depends on how big the city you live in is.

idk what it's like in my city (Richmond, Virginia) really. i know there are a few bars that regularly do metal shows, so i guess that counts, but i've never heard of there being a "metal disco" that just did metal as background music. not sure which we're talking about.

@Icon/Der- Yeah it's definitely possible we've seen each other at some point, the venues most metal gigs are at in Calgary and Edmonton are usually pretty small...especially Mac Hall. I'm actually located right outside of NYC at the moment, and I got to see Arkona with Korpiklaani in the city a couple weeks ago!

That's sick Zepp!! Metal bars are the shit...haha Europeans are crazy in the best possible way:)

@Zabu...yeah I definitely would have stayed longer if I could but I had so much going on back home with weddings, babies being born, etc so I had to get home, but a semester is a nice amount of time to be away:) I know a couple people who have taught in Japan, that would be pretty awesome but a couple years seems like such a long time to commit to something...I like having the freedom to do whatever, contracts kinda take the spontaneity out of life!

And thanks Sentinel!!

:lol: i dont want to know how the rest of the world's "metal scene" is like if you think German's metalheads are awesome

What's wrong with German metalheads? I've met some cool people when I was stationed over there. Besides, I haven't experienced other countries' metal scene since that is the only foreign country I've been to. When it comes to concerts and bars/clubs the feature metal, it's a hell of lot better than most places in America.

I live in West Virginia man.... the only heavy music here is a split up metalcore band and a shitty instrumental stoner rock band.

lol, ok maybe I shouldn't have said "the least metal place". I realize there are a lot others. Whenever I go to shows though around here, I have to leave the fuckin' state lol. There's this place in Kansas that always has shows. Not too far, but still, I'd like something a little closer.

The only metal I get in bars around here is from a jukebox that has a "super search" option....People will mostly play generic rock shit, hip hop, pop, and country. The other weekend, some chick put on Justin Bieber and Justin Timberlake. I responded with some Cannibal Corpse.

Yeah, i think the prevalence of country music and general religious idiocy may keep me from ever living in the southeastern or central USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.