Got my first Children of Bodom tattoo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha tell me about it. My mom is a hardcore mormon who lives in Utah. Moving to Russia was pure bliss:)

@Zabu...yeah I definitely would have stayed longer if I could but I had so much going on back home with weddings, babies being born, etc so I had to get home, but a semester is a nice amount of time to be away:) I know a couple people who have taught in Japan, that would be pretty awesome but a couple years seems like such a long time to commit to something...I like having the freedom to do whatever, contracts kinda take the spontaneity out of life!

Yeah i've been working a 9-5 office job for almost 2 years now and getting ready to get out of it soon because i'm sick of it and i have money saved. I'm not really into Russia, but i'm thinking semi-seriously about living in Munich, Germany for 2 months or so this summer, doing fuck all while taking a german language class, and then trying to get an english teaching job. I want to gtfo of my home city.

Dude, quit. Go explore the world...teaching abroad is SO easy, so many countries don't require you to have a degree and the TEFL course is easy and fast...a lot of schools hook you up with food and a place to live...it's just a really cheap, easy way to see the world while being productive at the same time...and it looks wicked on a resume.

If that's not really your thing, find something else to do...2 years at an office job must be crazy monotonous.

Yeah, monotonous and constantly demanding/stressful.

So, my goal is basically to try a few different relatively low-commitment career options over the next few years and figure out what i could really stand doing long-term. I've got a political volunteership and a financial project going on the side right now, and tons of decent music i wrote up years ago that i never got around to recording, so between everything i should be able to settle on something interesting.

Posting topless pictures of your first tattoo on a forum where you haven't even posted before is called attention-whoring and it quite simply doesn't create you a good image. I don't get why people give you positive comments or encourage you to do it but it might be because they want to see more of your naked body (I would find it ridiculous if it was because of the line of text printed side-ways on your back). Maybe you shouldn't consider it to be a great success that you made three random men masturbate, there are easier means of doing that anyway.

I personally did not think of her as an "attention whore" upon seeing this. There's really no point of informing this to her. This forum wasn't meant to be a sausage fest, it somewhat turned out like one. If you want to see it as suggestive, see it as suggestive. If you want to see it as her showing her tattoo, then see it that way. If you are flabbergasted with the way she and the other men are acting, you're most likely seeing this picture as suggestive.

cryptopsy.logo.gif

I need this tattooed on my body.

Spiderchrist...I wish I could give you a hug:) Thank you!! I wasn't trying to be an attention whore at all- if a guy took a picture of the tattoo on his back, it would be no big deal. It's like it's 1950 again with the male/female double standard. You can't see anything other than my back, I'm not trying to be suggestive, I'm trying to share my metal tattoo on a metal forum!! It's hard to show a back tattoo with a shirt on? But like you said, people can choose to view it however they want. I guess next time I'll just crop out my whole body and just leave the tattoo, because apparently people aren't mature enough to look at a piece of body art on a female without become a judgmental prick and assuming she's an "attention whore."

Thanks again though man:) Glad you see it the way I intended!

Are You Dead Yet was a little more generic, I'd agree(although We're Not Gonna Fall and Living Dead Beat are two of my favorite Cob songs)-but Something Wild, Hate crew Deathroll and Follow the Reaper do a much better job of showcasing their talent...I do love their newest stuff, but the old shit was brilliant...still gives me chills!

& I love In Flames...Come Clarity is probably my favorite album (which surprises a lot of people) but I really do think it was incredibly well done.
No Hatebreeder love? Tisk tisk. Best album concerning lyrics IMO.

Their new album is definitely a step in the right direction. Hopefully they get back to sounding like HCDR or FTR.

zabu of nΩd;10154548 said:
Yeah i haven't heard much In Flames but i recall them being similar
In Flames is also godly.

And I'm seeing Bodom live in two weeks.

The Opeth tattoo is better because you can easily just cut your hand off. I would do it without anesthesia if it was on my hand, just so I remember not to do it again. If there were no sharp things wround I would just chew off the pieces of my hand that the symbol is printed on. As for the Children of Bodom tattoo, things would get quite tricky. I guess I would ask someone with a combine harvester to run me over few times to get the fucking piece of shit off. Again, without any medicaments so I get it printed in my brain to not be a fucking cunt again.

You are pretty much my favorite person of all time.

@12 Gauge

I love Hatebreeder:) What lyrics do you find particularly good from that album? As long as you don't say Silent Night, Bodom Night...Kimberly Goss wrote that song...I'm not a huge fan of hers...probably because she got to marry Alexi Laiho...jealous! Haha but Bed of Razors and Children of Bodom are classic.

Yep, I loved their new album. I actually got to pick it up in Helsinki when I was backpacking through Finland! Perfect timing for them to release it:)

Have fun at your live show, I saw them twice this past summer and they kicked so much ass.

After a promising start, this thread has fallen victim to an invasion of white knights. I'll do my best in order to try to save it.

It's like it's 1950 again with the male/female double standard.

It's because of the male/female double standard that you've been getting some supportive replies in the first place. If it was a dude posting the very same tattoo, there would have been an unanimous agreement that he's a faggot with a shitty tattoo.

You can't see anything other than my back

I can see an aesthetically pleasing face, and a body suitable for coitus. To be honest with you, I would not have noticed the tattoo unless explicitly stated that the point from the picture was to highlight a tattoo, which you wisely did.

Towards Dead End, Warheart, Bed of Razors, and Downfall particularly.

The whole album is deeply emotional cause it was right after his attempted suicide.

I'm glad you find my face aesthetically pleasing, thank you!:)

And ahh emotional experiences usually make for great lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.