Got some Bush love last night.

How could a song be better or worse than another song? Gentlemen, what are you talking about? Yes, you might compare the same song played on two different albums, let's say - a song from POT and the same song from TGOTE, but still it will be only your personal - subjective - opinion. Otherwise, it's like comparing grilled pork ribs and roasted lamb...
For the record, I prefer Volume 8 to some of the 80's albums. Mainly, due to the fact that I dislike Belladonna's singing. No offense to Joey (or to his fans) personally, he's a great guy. It's just that I don't like him singing in this band. But I'm sure he's not really worried about my opinion... Nor are his fans :) ...

How could a song be better or worse than another song? Gentlemen, what are you talking about? Yes, you might compare the same song played on two different albums, let's say - a song from POT and the same song from TGOTE, but still it will be only your personal - subjective - opinion. Otherwise, it's like comparing grilled pork ribs and roasted lamb...
For the record, I prefer Volume 8 to some of the 80's albums. Mainly, due to the fact that I dislike Belladonna's singing. No offense to Joey (or to his fans) personally, he's a great guy. It's just that I don't like him singing in this band. But I'm sure he's not really worried about my opinion... Nor are his fans :) ...

Are you John?

I just can't stand the vocals on ATL, that's about it.

His vox are pretty weak on that album, but the lyrics are not much to work with. I like AtL, but why did Scott have to do 2 Stephen King Book reports on that album? Back in the day I thought it was cool, now I just think it's laziness. And poor production. And a singer who was in over his head. I haven't listened to AtL in years. To me, it is one of those albums "stuck in time", where one listens to it, and is immediately transported back to the year 1987. The GREAT albums have a timeless quality to them, i.e. "Number of the Beast" and so on. I like AtL, but prefer StD in the Joey era. And SOWN completely owns them both.

So you just obviously don't like Thrash metal correct? You probably also prefer Pearl Jams "Ten" to ATL. Or Alice In Chains "Dirt" to ATL too right?

Pfft, here we go again. Someone doesn't like something YOU do, so they must hate an entire genre. :guh:
I think ATL is over-rated too - the first half is awesome, the second not so much. SoE is better, so is PoT. And Annihilator's Never Neverland is ten times the record AtL is but none of you crazy Americans bought any Annihilator albums did you? :confused:

And Annihilator's Never Neverland is ten times the record AtL is but none of you crazy Americans bought any Annihilator albums did you? :confused:

Oh I see now you have to start even using other bands here? You bitch we are comparing different styles of Anthrax music, now you are trying to compare them to other bands all together?

I am a "Crazy" American as you call it. Fuck yourself. And also have Annihilator albums and while they are okay, they don't hold a candle to Among The Living.

So you just obviously don't like Thrash metal correct? You probably also prefer Pearl Jams "Ten" to ATL. Or Alice In Chains "Dirt" to ATL too right?

In all honesty, I NEVER listened to either.....just whatever tripe was on MtV that I couldn't get away from......Jerden produced Saint's SOS album (CLASSIC), and Layne Staley's high school band covered the Saint. I think it would be fair to say that Bush/Saint influenced GRUNGE, not the other way around.

For the record I "like" Thrash. But I "LOVE" great music, regardless of WHAT it is called. THINK ABOUT IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
At least Ten and Dirt have good vocals, unlike Among The Living, otherwise it's comparing apples and oranges...but...why I even fucking bother.

this is the 3rd time within months that someone posted that gay Layne Staley-highschool video, there's nothing more gay on this planet than a guy in a pink mini-skirt, i gotta puke right now.

this is the 3rd time within months that someone posted that gay Layne Staley-highschool video, there's nothing more gay on this planet than a guy in a pink mini-skirt, i gotta puke right now.

Hasselhoff.jpg
:D

At least Ten and Dirt have good vocals, unlike Among The Living, otherwise it's comparing apples and oranges...but...why I even fucking bother.

Do you really think Johns vocal style on Stomp and Volume 8 are anything but annoying? His vocals are great on SOWN and WCFYA has some moments. But vocally on Stomp and Volume 8 its awful imo.

Comparing Volume 8 to POT is like comparing apples to oranges as well. Completely different sound, over all musical style, vocal style, not any similarities, but because it says Anthrax on it we have to compare them right?