Got some Bush love last night.

1. The record labels weren't going to push terrible music. And that's what Vol 8 was as well as Stomp. You really think they just decided to not push Volume 8 for no reason at all?

2. Yes I don't like the Bush era of Anthrax, it for the most part sucked. And yet again it wasn't just because of John Bush's voice. The music was just not Anthrax. Soulfly rips, Cold is very good for a non Metal band (first 2 albums), Hed Pe I like their latest album. Big deal. Also think Down is one of the best best bands of all time.

1. Your opinion man, just your opinion. And record labels push terrible music all the time (but the Bush years were not terrible).

2. Yeah Down is one of the greatest bands ever.

So that being said do you really think Volume 8 is as good as Among The Living, Persistence of Time, and Spreading The Disease? Come on now.

All of you John Bush lovers are still ignoring the main point here. It's not about who is your personal favorite vocalist, it is what era of Anthrax is the best.

I have yet to see anyone say that Volume 8 or Stomp is better than Among The Living and Persistence of Time. Yeah maybe you like the vocalist better. But I am talking about the overall period of Anthrax. So it's not a "John Bush is better than Joey" topic. Its what era of Anthrax made better music.

Johnnie you think if Volume 8 had more promotion all of a sudden it would make it a good record? You think all of those Anthrax fans who loved Among The Living and Persistence of Time would have gotten exposed to Volume 8 and loved it? I know I heard the record because I was a fan of Anthrax and semi followed them. I got it and almost vomited when I heard it and couldn't believe it was even "Anthrax" so I am not sure this theory about promotion is why it didn't do well is valid.

I don't know of "as good" objectively. I prefer V8 to the three records you listed. It's called "personal taste" if you have ever heard of this expression. As far as the promotion goes, who knows. Catharsis and Inside Out are catchy enough to have captured the attention of those days "kids".

I don't know of "as good" objectively. I prefer V8 to the three records you listed. It's called "personal taste" if you have ever heard of this expression. As far as the promotion goes, who knows. Catharsis and Inside Out are catchy enough to have captured the attention of those days "kids".

I concur. I like the Bella stuff, but those albums have weak spots too. "Medusa", "13" & "Schism" [most of SoE for that matter] all are pretty weak to me.....And let's not get started on the lyrics of that time frame.....Scott definitely improved his game about the time of POT....and got WAY better with John onboard.

Okay so just for the record.

Jonnie thinks Vol. 8 - The Threat Is Real is better than

Among The Living
Persistence of Time
Spreading The Disease

That might be the sickest thing I have ever heard. Makes no sense and even being objective I can't believe it. But yes that is your opinion and is why we differ so much.

I think Volume 8 is a total joke and literally used it as a frisbe. You think its better than 3 of the most Classic Anthrax albums they have ever written. That is certainly a big difference in opinion.

Among The Living
Persistence of Time
Spreading The Disease

That might be the sickest thing I have ever heard. Makes no sense and even being objective I can't believe it. But yes that is your opinion and is why we differ so much.

I think Volume 8 is a total joke and literally used it as a frisbe. You think its better than 3 of the most Classic Anthrax albums they have ever written. That is certainly a big difference in opinion.
just calm down, man, johnnie is joking, or do you honestly believe that he prefers 'Toast To The Extras', 'P&V' & 'Stealing From A Thief' over 'Madhouse', 'Caught In A Mosh' & 'One Man Stands'? that's just like preferring 'Mama Said', 'Fixxer', '-Human' over 'One', 'Fight Fire With Fire' & 'Master Of Puppets' or a stinky fat, drunk & ugly cunt over a gorgeous girl.

Among The Living
Persistence of Time
Spreading The Disease

I think Volume 8 is a total joke and literally used it as a frisbe. You think its better than 3 of the most Classic Anthrax albums they have ever written. That is certainly a big difference in
just calm down, man, johnnie is joking, or do you honestly believe that he prefers 'Toast To The Extras', 'P&V' & 'Stealing From A Thief' over 'Madhouse', 'Caught In A Mosh' & 'One Man Stands'? that's just like preferring 'Mama Said', 'Fixxer', '-Human' over 'One', 'Fight Fire With Fire' & 'Master Of Puppets' or a stinky fat, drunk & ugly cunt over a gorgeous girl.:lol:

just calm down, man, johnnie is joking, or do you honestly believe that he prefers 'Toast To The Extras', 'P&V' & 'Stealing From A Thief' over 'Madhouse', 'Caught In A Mosh' & 'One Man Stands'? that's just like preferring 'Mama Said', 'Fixxer', '-Human' over 'One', 'Fight Fire With Fire' & 'Master Of Puppets' or a stinky fat, drunk & ugly cunt over a gorgeous girl.

I really don't think he is joking, and thats the scary thing! :D

That might be the sickest thing I have ever heard.

I've seen a guy crap on a girl's back... and you think someone prefering one album to another is "the sickest thing you have ever heard"? Man you must have some terrible mental issues...and for the record, I'm not joking...

for the record, I'm not joking...

That is a hardcore Bushthrax fan for ya right there! He says Volume 8, the threat is real is better than Among The Living or Persistence of Time. The man is not joking around here. Might need an intervention it's getting serious :D

But in all seriousness Jonnie that was a good one, you almost had us believe you were serious for a second... you ARE joking right?

preferring Vol.8 over 'Spreading The Disease', 'Among The Living', 'Persistence Of Time' is like preferring

this
over that

so Johnnie rather drives a Lada than a Ferrari and rather fucks a drunk, fat & dirty bitch than a gorgeous girl.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
With all due respect (which is NONE, ya prick)...everytime you are slagging on Volume 8, you are listing the weakest songs on the whole album, while comparing those to some of the strongest songs on the earlier albums.

i'm sorry Deege but i can't think of any weak songs on 'Spreading The Disease', 'Among The Living', 'Persistence Of Time', i could have chosen any songs off those records and that's the difference, their old records didn't have any fillers.

With all due respect (which is NONE, ya prick)...everytime you are slagging on Volume 8, you are listing the weakest songs on the whole album, while comparing those to some of the strongest songs on the earlier albums.

Pick 6 songs off of Volume 8 that are better than ANY 6 songs from Among The Living.

Pick 6 songs from Volume 8 that are better than ANY 6 songs from Persistence of Time.

I will be waiting for this one

i'm sorry Deege but i can't think of any weak songs on 'Spreading The Disease', 'Among The Living', 'Persistence Of Time', i could have chosen any songs off those records and that's the difference, their old records didn't have any fillers.

SoE had 13, PoT...no fair enough. But StD? Come on, half that fucking record was shit. Now, I think it was probably due to the production rather than the songs being bad, but fuck me these sound really poor today:

Lone Justice (stupid backing vocals, stupid bass mixed too high, guitars WAAAY too low)

SSC/Stand or Fall (rythm guitars too low in mix, again)

The Enemy (what the fuck is that intro drum sound and silly guitar thing all about? Boring song, and what the FUCK are the backing vocals at the chorus? WHo the fuck was singing in that low register? Even Scott doesnt sing that low - I actually started a thread about those stupid backing vocals in this song, I dont think anyone ever answered it with any authority. Who did those "In The Night" chants? NO CUNT, that whole song sounds like the tape was going at different speeds throughout it, it's a SHIT song!)

Medusa - (sounds like an Overkill reject. There's those stupidly low pitched backing vocals on the pre-chorus again!) It's a decent song, but nothing special. Like Overkill.

Gung-Ho - Alright, but rythm guitar tone is too thin. Apply that to AIR and Madhouse and we're done.