Got some Bush love last night.

1. Record sales. The record company abandoned Anthrax after SOWN, and started pushing other styles of heavy music.

2. I no longer take into account the opinion of someone who tries to act like he is the be-all-end-all authority on what is metal, as he constantly slats on the Bush fronted version of Anthrax--- when that same person admits to liking Cold, Hed PE and Soulfly.

Seriously wtf?

1. Record sales. The record company abandoned Anthrax after SOWN, and started pushing other styles of heavy music.

2. I no longer take into account the opinion of someone who tries to act like he is the be-all-end-all authority on what is metal, as he constantly slats on the Bush fronted version of Anthrax--- when that same person admits to liking Cold, Hed PE and Soulfly.

Seriously wtf?

1. The record labels weren't going to push terrible music. And that's what Vol 8 was as well as Stomp. You really think they just decided to not push Volume 8 for no reason at all?

2. Yes I don't like the Bush era of Anthrax, it for the most part sucked. And yet again it wasn't just because of John Bush's voice. The music was just not Anthrax. Soulfly rips, Cold is very good for a non Metal band (first 2 albums), Hed Pe I like their latest album. Big deal. Also think Down is one of the best best bands of all time.

all of my friends who are metalheads prefer Bush.

Again it's not just Vocalists here, it is the entire package. These same friends do they think Volume 8 is better than Among The Living? Do they think Stomp is better than Persistence of Time? If they do I don't know what to really say about that.

all of my friends who are metalheads prefer Bush.

By & large that's true for me as well. Althought I have a couple of buds who like Joey.......and like MF09......I think they feel that "thrash" element was lost after Bush came on board. To me FoM, STD & ATL were mostly thrash.....after that, their music had thrash elemeents, but became more diverse.

Same here, maybe not all of them but vast majority. This is to say that "vast majority" of those probably don't know that Volume 8 record exists, since it had zero promotion and all.

Same here, maybe not all of them but vast majority. This is to say that "vast majority" of those probably don't know that Volume 8 record exists, since it had zero promotion and all.

So that being said do you really think Volume 8 is as good as Among The Living, Persistence of Time, and Spreading The Disease? Come on now.

All of you John Bush lovers are still ignoring the main point here. It's not about who is your personal favorite vocalist, it is what era of Anthrax is the best.

I have yet to see anyone say that Volume 8 or Stomp is better than Among The Living and Persistence of Time. Yeah maybe you like the vocalist better. But I am talking about the overall period of Anthrax. So it's not a "John Bush is better than Joey" topic. Its what era of Anthrax made better music.

Johnnie you think if Volume 8 had more promotion all of a sudden it would make it a good record? You think all of those Anthrax fans who loved Among The Living and Persistence of Time would have gotten exposed to Volume 8 and loved it? I know I heard the record because I was a fan of Anthrax and semi followed them. I got it and almost vomited when I heard it and couldn't believe it was even "Anthrax" so I am not sure this theory about promotion is why it didn't do well is valid.

So that being said do you really think Volume 8 is as good as Among The Living, Persistence of Time, and Spreading The Disease? Come on now.

All of you John Bush lovers are still ignoring the main point here. It's not about who is your personal favorite vocalist, it is what era of Anthrax is the best.

I have yet to see anyone say that Volume 8 or Stomp is better than Among The Living and Persistence of Time. Yeah maybe you like the vocalist better. But I am talking about the overall period of Anthrax. So it's not a "John Bush is better than Joey" topic. Its what era of Anthrax made better music.

Johnnie you think if Volume 8 had more promotion all of a sudden it would make it a good record? You think all of those Anthrax fans who loved Among The Living and Persistence of Time would have gotten exposed to Volume 8 and loved it? I know I heard the record because I was a fan of Anthrax and semi followed them. I got it and almost vomited when I heard it and couldn't believe it was even "Anthrax" so I am not sure this theory about promotion is why it didn't do well is valid.

Why must you continually try and prove to everyone how Belladonna's era was better than Bush's? Seriously, who fucking cares?
We all like Anthrax here - if I like Stomp better than Spreading the Disease (and I do), what the fuck do you care?

nowadays anyone interested in Anthrax can listen to the whole Vol.8 record on youtube, if they were any good those songs would have many more views.

Wow, I'm gone two years and the "Joey vs. John" argument is still going on?:puke:
it will as long as Anthrax exists, since the band hasn't given us anything new that we can listen to in years there's not much we can talk about Anthrax-related, it's not that we can talk about a new record, new songs, album cover etc. like other bands' fans.

The music they made with Joey was thrash metal...but the vocals sucked. They still played a big chunk of the classic stuff live with John - but with a better singer.

And the records of the John Bush era may not be thrash metal, but they're still solid albums (Stomp 442 being the weakest of the bunch to me). I judge music and listen to music for what it IS, not for what it's NOT.

SOWN is a more consistent album than any of the Joey era albums in my opinion. Stomp is a huge weak point (of which the Joey era had plenty weak points itself), though I love about half of the songs.

I personally don't care if something does well or tanks...if I like it, I like it. I listen to a lot of stoner rock bands who can't fill a tiny bar when they go on tour - doesn't mean they suck.

The music they made with Joey was thrash metal...but the vocals sucked. They still played a big chunk of the classic stuff live with John - but with a better singer.

And the records of the John Bush era may not be thrash metal, but they're still solid albums (Stomp 442 being the weakest of the bunch to me). I judge music and listen to music for what it IS, not for what it's NOT.

SOWN is a more consistent album than any of the Joey era albums in my opinion. Stomp is a huge weak point (of which the Joey era had plenty weak points itself), though I love about half of the songs.

I personally don't care if something does well or tanks...if I like it, I like it. I listen to a lot of stoner rock bands who can't fill a tiny bar when they go on tour - doesn't mean they suck.

You sir, have earned a Blatz. Spot on with your opinions.

See, there we go, we are pretty much on the same page. BUT you dont like Stomp, whereas I love it. You prefer Vol.8 which I find weak (although I do have a soft spot for it mainly because of the things going on in my own life when it came out rather than how good the music is).
Do we spend half our days trying to get each other to come round to our way of thinking? No, cos it would be fucking stupid.
IMFan09, take note!

nowadays anyone interested in Anthrax can listen to the whole Vol.8 record on youtube, if they were any good those songs would have many more views.

NO way, some label should be dumping millions into promoting Vol 8 on youtube. I mean it is an amazing album and its just baffling to me why it hasn't caught on even IF the labels haven't promoted it much.

It's also the labels fault that only about 400 people would go to Anthrax shows during that era.

A Toast To Extras was also the labels fault, same with Don Nelson, and every other mishap the band has done. Fuck the labels!

and what do you think was the reason why they abandoned Anthrax?

Just bad luck. Anthrax even changed their sound to try and sound more 'modern' and they still stopped the promotion. What a bunch of assholes. Volume 8 would have certainly gotten grammys if it was just promoted even a little bit. What a shame!

Do you think the vocals sucked on Persistence of Time? Do you really think John sounded better on that Anthrax cover album they did? To me it sounds terrible.

Volume 8 you think is a solid album? Better than Persistence of Time, Among The Living?

SOWN is more consistent in what way? I think Among The Living is 100 times more consistent, and a true Classic, SOWN is not. I agree its a good record (if you like the Bushthrax version of Anthrax) but thats the only record with John Bush on vocals that is good imo. And Dan Spitz just so happened to be there.

I don't care if something does well or tanks either. Some great albums out there didn't didn't blow up. But Volume 8 and Stomp were just plain bad and that is why they didn't do very well. Right there that is 1/2 of the Bush Era catalog. Yes you Bushthrax lovers still seem to think it was a better era of Anthrax. I just don't get it.