got the book today

I think it's still cool for people to interpret things in their own ways, or apply the lyrics in ways that matter to themselves personally. But having the book definitely helps you to understand the motivation behind the more personal lyrics, especially.

Got the book yesterday, and I'm a bit dreary-eyed today for two reasons: one, I couldn't put it down, so I stayed up later than normal (and since I'm old, I need more sleep than most :) ), and 2) the emotion hit me like a ton of bricks.

Paul, I knew you had back problems, but I never imagined it was to the extent it is. One thing that really struck me is the album artwork for TWTF. Before, I looked at the cover of that album and just saw another cool Travis Smith creation. Now that I've read the book, that image takes on a whole new meaning.

I was entranced by your openness and honesty, and deeply moved. It is a rare thing for someone to expose themselves like that, and it is a credit to you as a man. It really took guts to write this book.

Thank you Paul for allowing us to see inside your world. Your art means more to me now than ever! You are a true poet. Jim Morrison once said "I'd rather be a word man than a bird man"...you certainly are a "Word Man" :worship: .

One last thing...I don't think I can listen to "Swallowed By The Moon" in a passive manner ever again.

awesomefuckinpicofPaul.jpg

Birdman2.jpg

Got the book yesterday, and I'm a bit dreary-eyed today for two reasons: one, I couldn't put it down, so I stayed up later than normal (and since I'm old, I need more sleep than most :) ), and 2) the emotion hit me like a ton of bricks.

Paul, I knew you had back problems, but I never imagined it was to the extent it is. One thing that really struck me is the album artwork for TWTF. Before, I looked at the cover of that album and just saw another cool Travis Smith creation. Now that I've read the book, that image takes on a whole new meaning.

I was entranced by your openness and honesty, and deeply moved. It is a rare thing for someone to expose themselves like that, and it is a credit to you as a man. It really took guts to write this book.

Thank you Paul for allowing us to see inside your world. Your art means more to me now than ever! You are a true poet. Jim Morrison once said "I'd rather be a word man than a bird man"...you certainly are a "Word Man" :worship: .

One last thing...I don't think I can listen to "Swallowed By The Moon" in a passive manner ever again.

Wow, thanks for all the praise. It's nice to get some feedback from you guys, as the book it something that's not reviewed (thankfully) so I never get to hear what people think, unless I'm emailed or sent a message on myspace about it.

Thanks again! And regardless of Larry poking fun, the addition of the Jim Morrison quote made my day.:p

Wow, thanks for all the praise. It's nice to get some feedback from you guys, as the book it something that's not reviewed (thankfully) so I never get to hear what people think, unless I'm emailed or sent a message on myspace about it.

Thanks again! And regardless of Larry poking fun, the addition of the Jim Morrison quote made my day.:p

Larry can keep right on pokin fun...it was funny as hell, and I can laugh at myself! :p

I've always gotten a kick out of that quote...Glad it made you smile.:)

Both Paul and myself are huge Doors fans so that is quite cool. It was just one of those moments where I read that Morrison quote you posted, and Birdman popped in my head suddenly. I do that alot LOL

Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I really did not know anything about this book before reading here, what is the book? Where can I get it? And what is this CD you are talking about? (To guess is it a re-release of To Welcome The Fade? (If so, what is different about this one then the older release that has the EP as a bonus disc?)

Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I really did not know anything about this book before reading here, what is the book? Where can I get it? And what is this CD you are talking about? (To guess is it a re-release of To Welcome The Fade? (If so, what is different about this one then the older release that has the EP as a bonus disc?)

The book is a 84 page, full color, lyrical explanation book, where I cover all the lyrics of all 6 CD's, and write the songs actual meaning, along with the inspiration behind each CD, and packing the book with photos from very era of the band. It's a really nice collectors item, and something I'm really proud of.

The CD that came with the book for the limited edition was the new disc, The Novella Reservoir. This has long since sold out, but the book and CD are both still available separately at www.novembersdoom.com.

The book is a 84 page, full color, lyrical explanation book, where I cover all the lyrics of all 6 CD's, and write the songs actual meaning, along with the inspiration behind each CD, and packing the book with photos from very era of the band. It's a really nice collectors item, and something I'm really proud of.

The CD that came with the book for the limited edition was the new disc, The Novella Reservoir. This has long since sold out, but the book and CD are both still available separately at www.novembersdoom.com.

Thanks for the info, I checked the end and it appears that they still have the CD + Book bundle avaible, but not the book individually, I am not that interested in paying extra for a CD I already have. I will try to get around to getting it, but I am a slow reader so it may take me ages to get to the book even after buying it. hahah....

The set that The End was selling initially included the cd, book, poster, sticker, glossy photo, and a suede bag. That set is, I believe, sold out. If the website says something differently, I'd advise that people double-check with them before placing an order because to my knowledge, those full sets sold out long ago, and it might be a website error. Though they may be selling sets of just the book + cd, minus the other extras.

The book is fairly inexpensive and alot of people have been pleasantly surprised at it's overall quality, so consider checking it out sometime.

Do you bring the book to Europe in November?
I will be at both of your shows and it would be great if i could buy it there.