Gravity Eyelids

Seriously though, "Baby Dreams in Cellophane" has the exact same intro as Megadeth's "Wanderlust." Like, exact. STEVEN WILSON MUST BE DESTROYED
The time line:
Stupid Dream: Released April 6, 1999
Risk: Released August 31, 1999
Stupid Post: Wankerness December 14, 2007

wtf is with some people?
he noticed a clear rip and you get defensive:
"YEAH SO WHAT ???"

It's a rip off, it's interesting. At least to me, since I write material of my own, I really dig noticing rip-offs among bands I listen to, gives a nice human-vibe to it. But I guess the defensive guys prefer to think of their perfered artists as gods:Smug:

-edit: I'm speaking of the Leper one, not the Wanderlust

well.. SW did infact write / make / record that piano part on Leper Affinity, so I guess it's his thing regardless. Nobody ripped anyone though.

you do realize that steve produced bwp, and in absentia was the next PT release so in all reality you don't know who's idea for the overall progression it is or which was even written first. Could of been created in the studio, could have been steve's, could have been mike's or pete's, they could have came up with it together

wtf is with some people?
he noticed a clear rip and you get defensive:
"YEAH SO WHAT ???"

It's a rip off, it's interesting. At least to me, since I write material of my own, I really dig noticing rip-offs among bands I listen to, gives a nice human-vibe to it. But I guess the defensive guys prefer to think of their perfered artists as gods:Smug:

-edit: I'm speaking of the Leper one, not the Wanderlust
Or you could try reading next time. It's pretty radical I know but you just might learn something.

On a serious note I doubt anyone is getting seriously offended. Some people seem to like to make statements with zero facts, and some people feel the need to correct them.

The time line:
Stupid Dream: Released April 6, 1999
Risk: Released August 31, 1999
Stupid Post: Wankerness December 14, 2007

Alright, I hate both of those albums and thus never found the time to look up the precise release dates. In conclusion, MEGADETH'S WANDERLUST HAS THE EXACT SAME INTRO AS BABY DREAMS IN CELLOPHANE DAVE MUSTAINE MUST BE DESTROYED

I actually only hate Risk, but Stupid Dream is pretty far down my list of Porcupine Tree albums I bother listening to. Probably cause Tinto Brass drives me up the wall. Point is, I saw they came out the same year and since this was the "steven wilson rips things off!!!!1" thread I decided to contribute with a 50/50 chance.

That said, Stupid Dream is criminally overrated in the Porcupine Tree canon and thus it is YOU who is the ignorant fuck for getting your panties in such a twist over it!

Unless you love risk, I guess.

"Love risk." Lawls.

So i've been keeping score here just if you wanted to know, and it goes a little something like this.

Steve Wilson-2
You Guys-0

I actually only hate Risk.....

Unless you love risk, I guess.

I can't even think that there's anybody who could hate Stupid Dream! It's sooo great, pure genius thingie. But about that Risk... I've only heard song Crush 'Em, not liking it but I really enjoy icehockey! :worship: